July 28, 2014 | 2109 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This is just one of those products which is absolutely not made for everyone ... and that's what makes it fantastic.

If you aren't paler than MAC NC/W 15 or so, this probably won't do anything for you. If you either a.) only like pigmented blushes or b.) need/want more than a whisper of color on your cheeks, or c.) definitely never want to have to have to dip your brush more than once, Sex Appeal will be a big disappointment. On the other hand, if these factors do describe you - good for you! like 90% of the blushes in the world are more or less aimed at pleasing you.

Like most people who will really love Sex Appeal, I am very pale, and have a lot of red in my cheeks that I don't really want to play up. NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia is my current foundation of choice, and it does a great job of knocking back the red in my cheeks. Such a good job, in fact, that I am much more inclined to play around with blush - something which I once feared. But even the old me who was scared of blush still would have loved Sex Appeal. It's absolutely fool proof. If I take out most or all of the red in my cheeks, Sex Appeal can restore that perfect level of barely discernible but natural healthy pink. If I am just wearing tinted moisturizer or a very light foundation and the red of my cheeks is merely toned down, Sex Appeal adds a bit of focus and shape.

This behaves well with most brushes, but I like my Medium Pointed Yachio from Hakuhodo the best. But then again ... it's my favorite blush brush in general, so that shouldn't be a surprise. Still, the precision of a smaller brush is excellent in this case, and the aforementioned brush is excellent for blending. You can layer on quite a bit of Sex Appeal without it looking cake-y, thick, or anything less than perfectly natural (at least on someone with my skin-tone. I imagine it would look very chalky on darker skin-tones.)

Sex Appeal is just so ... easy. This is the blush I reach for when I don't feel like *thinking* about it. Blush can be a minefield for someone like me, and this one always guarantees a good result. If I lost it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I adore this blush. I am pale and slightly warm toned, and most blushes look extremely heavy & unnatural. Not this blush. It gives me a warm, natural peachy-pink flush. Also it is very easy to apply, unlike my other NARS blush, Desire, which I have to be extremely light handed with. My HG blush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't agree with the view below any more! I'm an NC20 and sex appeal looked so gorgeous in the pan, a peach based pink. However it does not show up on my skin at all. By the time I layer it on it looks cakey and blotchy, giving only a slight hint of peach. The blush is chalky in texture and just does nothing for me. Such a shame seeing how pretty it is in the pan and how expensive it was!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

I'm rating this a "4" even thought it didn't work for me. The product itself is great quality, and I adore NARS packaging, but the color didn't show up on me. I'm NC20, so I thought it would be a soft peach shade that would give me a barely-there blush. I packed on 4 layers of this, and it just looked like cakey powder. It was so close in color to my skin tone. I really wanted to love this, but for $27, I want a product that will show up on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by perfectweeangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite blush right now.I am fair and this blush shows up on me perfect , a peachy pink matte shade,that gives you a glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so excited to find this light blush that lasts all day long. Perfect for my fair skin and dark hair! I've purchased it for a few family members because it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I am not pale and I love this blush. I have medium toned golden skin and think Sex Appeal gives a very pretty glow. I like sweeping it on with Too Faced's Flatbuki. I think the point of this shade was to be a sheer natural blush, for that sexy sort of lit from within glow. I don't think it was meant to be full on pigmented and it's clearly not a bright trendy shade. I think it's a classic shade for NARS now and do not think it's chalky on me. Don't try packing it on, just let it be what it's suppose to be- subtle and natural. It's nice paired with nude blush or matte bronzer also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this would work on my very fair skin, but it was actually pretty blah and not flattering at all. Swapped it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jingyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i actually really like this blush :) i didn't think it would work for me at first (nc25, asian, olive undertones) since it didn't show up on my hand at all. on my cheeks, though, it's close to the soft peach they described, although it does lean more towards the pink side on me. this is pretty subtle -- since i am nc25 it's less "pop of color," more of a flush or a glow, good for an everyday look.

i also have to say, i love nars packaging. i keep all of my makeup in muji drawers so maybe that's why i haven't hard a problem with staining or wear, but i love the rubberized feel and the matte black look. anyway, very pretty blush. i'm glad i took the plunge on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I go between this and NARS Deep Throat. They are both my faves. I reach for this when I'm doing more dramatics eyes with a lot of shimmer, so this Sex Appeal blush balances my eyes out because it has no shimmer and adds just a touch of color. I use Deep Throat when I feel like being more shimmery. You can't overdo it with Sex Appeal though, that's for sure. I don't wear foundation, just concealer usually, so this Sex Appeal adds to my natural cheek color. Perfect for daily use and conservative work places! I don't, however, wear this going out at night.