December 19, 2014 | 1197 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is one of the few blushes I would repurchase. It looks matte light peach in the pan, but comes off the most natural light pink on my skin. Its basically me, but a bit glowier. I was scared that this wouldn't show on me, for reference I'm about NC 20/25 half Asian. I only use one swipe per cheek and it does look pretty but subtle, which I like. This might be HG for me. I'm definitely loving it right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I got this from a blog sale from one of my favourite Youtube makeup guru at a price that is much cheaper than what I would pay at Sephora or The Bay. I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this blush! I was skeptical at first since I've read many reviews about it not showing up on their skin. I am an NC 25 in Studio Fix Fluid and this did show up on my cheeks! The interesting thing about this colour is that it shows up to be a beautiful natural pink flush rather than the light-almost-pastel-peach colour I see in the pan. It's buildable w/o looking chalky or cakey, if I put on a small amount I get a very natural pink flushed look. When I apply a little more, it contours my face very nicely since I like to apply my blush on the sides of my cheeks. If you are expecting the blush to show up to be the color as it is in the pan, it may be a disappointment because that was not the case for me.

NARS blushes are quite pricey in my opinion, although they are pigmented and last for a long time, I still can't justify paying so much for a blush if it is one out of the many blushes that you have. If you are planning to buy one blush and use it consistently, then I think this would be a good investment.

The packaging is decent. The black rubber packaging, I feel like, is less prone to attracting dust and grime than it used to. It does get dirty though, so I wouldn't say the packaging is perfect. Aside from this, the compact shuts together perfectly, never pops open if you happen to put this in your purse.

Overall, I do like this blush, I think it's a good investment if you are planning to use this blush consistently and like a natural light pink flushed look. I think this blush is best for people with NC15-NC25 skin tone. Any darker than that, I'm not sure if this product will perform the same way as it did for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This is just one of those products which is absolutely not made for everyone ... and that's what makes it fantastic.

If you aren't paler than MAC NC/W 15 or so, this probably won't do anything for you. If you either a.) only like pigmented blushes or b.) need/want more than a whisper of color on your cheeks, or c.) definitely never want to have to have to dip your brush more than once, Sex Appeal will be a big disappointment. On the other hand, if these factors do describe you - good for you! like 90% of the blushes in the world are more or less aimed at pleasing you.

Like most people who will really love Sex Appeal, I am very pale, and have a lot of red in my cheeks that I don't really want to play up. NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia is my current foundation of choice, and it does a great job of knocking back the red in my cheeks. Such a good job, in fact, that I am much more inclined to play around with blush - something which I once feared. But even the old me who was scared of blush still would have loved Sex Appeal. It's absolutely fool proof. If I take out most or all of the red in my cheeks, Sex Appeal can restore that perfect level of barely discernible but natural healthy pink. If I am just wearing tinted moisturizer or a very light foundation and the red of my cheeks is merely toned down, Sex Appeal adds a bit of focus and shape.

This behaves well with most brushes, but I like my Medium Pointed Yachio from Hakuhodo the best. But then again ... it's my favorite blush brush in general, so that shouldn't be a surprise. Still, the precision of a smaller brush is excellent in this case, and the aforementioned brush is excellent for blending. You can layer on quite a bit of Sex Appeal without it looking cake-y, thick, or anything less than perfectly natural (at least on someone with my skin-tone. I imagine it would look very chalky on darker skin-tones.)

Sex Appeal is just so ... easy. This is the blush I reach for when I don't feel like *thinking* about it. Blush can be a minefield for someone like me, and this one always guarantees a good result. If I lost it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I adore this blush. I am pale and slightly warm toned, and most blushes look extremely heavy & unnatural. Not this blush. It gives me a warm, natural peachy-pink flush. Also it is very easy to apply, unlike my other NARS blush, Desire, which I have to be extremely light handed with. My HG blush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't agree with the view below any more! I'm an NC20 and sex appeal looked so gorgeous in the pan, a peach based pink. However it does not show up on my skin at all. By the time I layer it on it looks cakey and blotchy, giving only a slight hint of peach. The blush is chalky in texture and just does nothing for me. Such a shame seeing how pretty it is in the pan and how expensive it was!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

I'm rating this a "4" even thought it didn't work for me. The product itself is great quality, and I adore NARS packaging, but the color didn't show up on me. I'm NC20, so I thought it would be a soft peach shade that would give me a barely-there blush. I packed on 4 layers of this, and it just looked like cakey powder. It was so close in color to my skin tone. I really wanted to love this, but for $27, I want a product that will show up on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by perfectweeangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite blush right now.I am fair and this blush shows up on me perfect , a peachy pink matte shade,that gives you a glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so excited to find this light blush that lasts all day long. Perfect for my fair skin and dark hair! I've purchased it for a few family members because it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I am not pale and I love this blush. I have medium toned golden skin and think Sex Appeal gives a very pretty glow. I like sweeping it on with Too Faced's Flatbuki. I think the point of this shade was to be a sheer natural blush, for that sexy sort of lit from within glow. I don't think it was meant to be full on pigmented and it's clearly not a bright trendy shade. I think it's a classic shade for NARS now and do not think it's chalky on me. Don't try packing it on, just let it be what it's suppose to be- subtle and natural. It's nice paired with nude blush or matte bronzer also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this would work on my very fair skin, but it was actually pretty blah and not flattering at all. Swapped it.