NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 3/29/2012 9:00:00 AM

I am NC20 and this blush is the most beautiful natural blush. Although most blushes look quite natural on me this is a kind of 'clean, innocent' colour.

on 3/23/2012 12:25:00 AM

I love this blush. As others have noted, it's best if you are super pale. I am a Nars Mont Blanc / MUFE Mat Velvet 20 pale with yellow undertones. It looks fantastic on me and I've had a hard time finding something that looked nice, not too dark, streaky, ect. If you are pale, I highly recommend - it has no shimmer which I like, I wear it to work every day. Anyone with a darker complexion will probably be disappointed. Will def repurchase. Blends very nicely, easy to apply.

on 3/19/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this blush. It's a beautiful peachy shade, perfect for my ultra pale skin. Great when doing a dramatic eye look.

on 3/1/2012 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As of right now I'm somewhere between NC20 & NC25 and I wasn't sure if this blush would work out for me. It's a very light peach in the pan with no shimmer and although very sheer it looks great once built up. I use my Mac 109 and really pack it on my cheeks then I like to use a bright blush and just tap it on the apples, some of my favorites to pair with Sex Appeal like that are Nars Crazed & Angelika. The first time I wore this I really didn't think it did much but I went to the store and it was freezing and windy as all get out. When I jumped into my car I looked in the mirror, I thought I was perfectly flushed from the cold wind but it was this blush. It's subtle and sheer but gorgeous. I would definitely recomment this to the fair ladies who want a natural cheek color. I would absolutely buy this again.

on 2/22/2012 5:08:00 AM

This is a HG product for me now, it goes with every eye look i've ever done and if im not sure which blush to use out of the million that i own - i reach for this one. Im an NW15 and this shows up as a soft pale peachy pink on my skin and is very flattering. Its not chalky, lasts well and you can put it on in a rush without having to work with it. A couple of swipes and your done. I read all the reviews before i bought it as over here in Australia Nars is really expensive and i didn't want to waste my money yet again on a product that just didn't work for me. I have been heavy handed with it once or twice but its an easy fix just put a bit of face powder over the top and blend, it didn't look cakey either. If i lost/broke/hit pan/dog ate it tomorrow then i would definitely spend the money and buy another one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the few blushes I would repurchase. It looks matte light peach in the pan, but comes off the most natural light pink on my skin. Its basically me, but a bit glowier. I was scared that this wouldn't show on me, for reference I'm about NC 20/25 half Asian. I only use one swipe per cheek and it does look pretty but subtle, which I like. This might be HG for me. I'm definitely loving it right now.

on 2/9/2012 9:22:00 AM

I got this from a blog sale from one of my favourite Youtube makeup guru at a price that is much cheaper than what I would pay at Sephora or The Bay. I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this blush! I was skeptical at first since I've read many reviews about it not showing up on their skin. I am an NC 25 in Studio Fix Fluid and this did show up on my cheeks! The interesting thing about this colour is that it shows up to be a beautiful natural pink flush rather than the light-almost-pastel-peach colour I see in the pan. It's buildable w/o looking chalky or cakey, if I put on a small amount I get a very natural pink flushed look. When I apply a little more, it contours my face very nicely since I like to apply my blush on the sides of my cheeks. If you are expecting the blush to show up to be the color as it is in the pan, it may be a disappointment because that was not the case for me.

NARS blushes are quite pricey in my opinion, although they are pigmented and last for a long time, I still can't justify paying so much for a blush if it is one out of the many blushes that you have. If you are planning to buy one blush and use it consistently, then I think this would be a good investment.

The packaging is decent. The black rubber packaging, I feel like, is less prone to attracting dust and grime than it used to. It does get dirty though, so I wouldn't say the packaging is perfect. Aside from this, the compact shuts together perfectly, never pops open if you happen to put this in your purse.

Overall, I do like this blush, I think it's a good investment if you are planning to use this blush consistently and like a natural light pink flushed look. I think this blush is best for people with NC15-NC25 skin tone. Any darker than that, I'm not sure if this product will perform the same way as it did for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is just one of those products which is absolutely not made for everyone ... and that's what makes it fantastic.

If you aren't paler than MAC NC/W 15 or so, this probably won't do anything for you. If you either a.) only like pigmented blushes or b.) need/want more than a whisper of color on your cheeks, or c.) definitely never want to have to have to dip your brush more than once, Sex Appeal will be a big disappointment. On the other hand, if these factors do describe you - good for you! like 90% of the blushes in the world are more or less aimed at pleasing you.

Like most people who will really love Sex Appeal, I am very pale, and have a lot of red in my cheeks that I don't really want to play up. NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia is my current foundation of choice, and it does a great job of knocking back the red in my cheeks. Such a good job, in fact, that I am much more inclined to play around with blush - something which I once feared. But even the old me who was scared of blush still would have loved Sex Appeal. It's absolutely fool proof. If I take out most or all of the red in my cheeks, Sex Appeal can restore that perfect level of barely discernible but natural healthy pink. If I am just wearing tinted moisturizer or a very light foundation and the red of my cheeks is merely toned down, Sex Appeal adds a bit of focus and shape.

This behaves well with most brushes, but I like my Medium Pointed Yachio from Hakuhodo the best. But then again ... it's my favorite blush brush in general, so that shouldn't be a surprise. Still, the precision of a smaller brush is excellent in this case, and the aforementioned brush is excellent for blending. You can layer on quite a bit of Sex Appeal without it looking cake-y, thick, or anything less than perfectly natural (at least on someone with my skin-tone. I imagine it would look very chalky on darker skin-tones.)

Sex Appeal is just so ... easy. This is the blush I reach for when I don't feel like *thinking* about it. Blush can be a minefield for someone like me, and this one always guarantees a good result. If I lost it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

on 1/24/2012 7:42:00 PM

I adore this blush. I am pale and slightly warm toned, and most blushes look extremely heavy & unnatural. Not this blush. It gives me a warm, natural peachy-pink flush. Also it is very easy to apply, unlike my other NARS blush, Desire, which I have to be extremely light handed with. My HG blush.

on 11/17/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't agree with the view below any more! I'm an NC20 and sex appeal looked so gorgeous in the pan, a peach based pink. However it does not show up on my skin at all. By the time I layer it on it looks cakey and blotchy, giving only a slight hint of peach. The blush is chalky in texture and just does nothing for me. Such a shame seeing how pretty it is in the pan and how expensive it was!

Top Rated NARS Products