December 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by plait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was researching and looking to try a liquid foundation that was most importantly lightweight for everyday and found Vitalumiere. It didn't work out for me. My skin is combination (mostly leaning to the oily side). My skin ended up having various dry patches after using it for a while and it didn't look good on my skin compared to other products I've tried. My face felt much too dry with this. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

This is by far my most well-loved foundation, and I have been using this for years. It's light in texture, and I love the fact that it's not oil based. That makes this foundation feel so wonderful on the skin, and it literally feels like you're wearing.. well nothing at all. I would say that this product gives a light to medium coverage, and if you want something more heavy for parties or on bad skin days, then it's quite easy to build up a nice and more heavy coverage. I will definitely keep buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sarabee74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use B20, which is a really nice match for my skin tone. I apply with my beauty blender over concealer and I find it offers perfect coverage for my skin. I have clear skin and don't need a great deal of coverage all over so this is great as an everyday foundation as it looks incredibly natural. Now, it has a very liquid consistency which I love as it blends so well and feels refreshing to apply, however you must make sure you shake it up as otherwise you're going to be squeezing out a bunch of clear fluid. My only concern with this is that it makes me look so greasy after I've had it on for a few hours, but that's more me than the foundation. Pretty much all foundations make my skin so shiny after a couple of hours wear and it can be fixed easily with face powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Zinat

Really perfect ❤️❤️

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on a whim while looking for a new, lighter foundation. I had been looking at some of the other Chanel foundations but only the Vitalumiere had the right colour match (very pale).

I really love the look of the foundation. It truly has a lit-from-within, glowing effect. I also find it doesn't dry my skin out as many foundations do. I used it to do my make-up for photos for my office website, and a colleague said "who did your make-up!" which was a huge compliment given her always perfect face!.

It's not a full-coverage make-up at all, so if there's a lot to cover up, this is likely not ideal, as you would need to apply multiple layers.

It applies well with fingers or a brush - I don't like it with a sponge as much.

Another con - i find I use a lot of the product each time, and the bottle isn't that large. As a result, and given the price, I tend to use it only for special occasions.

Overall though, I still give it four lippies because it can create such a flawless, luminescent look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this out via a sample through a magazine (shade 30 Beige). I knew it would be too dark, but I wanted to test it for texture. Actually the color wasn't that off, and I'm pretty fair. As for the texture, this was light and creamy, but it still covered all my redness. It was easy to apply with my fingers, and the final result was a lit from within look. I took one lippie off, because this costs so much. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase this. It's simply out of my price range. However, if your budget allows for this type of splurge, this is an excellent foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I like this. I like it a lot. Chanel stepped their game up with this foundation because I think their other ones are a bit extreme and outdated. Perfection Lumiere Velvet was recently released and I must say it looks fairly promising based on what I've seen so far. You might be able to detect a hint of disdain in my attitude towards Chanel foundations but that's only because I've been majorly disappointed thus far. Perfection Lumiere was a complete dud for me and so was the regular Vitalumiere. What's funny is that they were both a fail for completely opposite reasons. Vitalumiere is faaaar to shiny and greasy looking. Perfection Lumiere is way too matte and dry looking. Mat Lumiere was just ok. This one is really nice and I think it's because it fits the projection of what modern women want from their foundation. The best part about Vitalumiere Aqua is how lightweight it is and that it doesn't look like foundation at all. This is more like a BB cream/tinted moisturizer/foundation hybrid. The coverage is very light but buildable and it's honestly pretty hard to make this look cakey. I do have two solid complaints about this foundation though which is why I didn't give it 5 lippies. 1) Like all other Chanel foundations, it oxidizes.... noticeably. 2) Primer and setting powder are pretty much mandatory because it doesn't react well to warm weather and that bugs me because I specifically bought this as a summer foundation. Also I feel like the fragrance Chanel puts in their makeup irritates my skin and makes me breakout so primer acts as a protective base. I will wear it and enjoy it for the rest of the season but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll repurchase. So many other brands are coming out with "ultra-light skin perfecting" foundations so this is no longer unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

This is an excellent foundation for someone who has minimal skin problems. It is extremely sheer and light on the skin hence does not provide much coverage that some women want. I, however, absolutely love this foundation. It looks and feels so natural and most importantly does not oxidise on me. Hard for me to say this, but I think this is my HG and it is better than my Chantecaille Future Skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by karinasilva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING FOR MY SKIN TONE

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

I do really like this foundation, though I will probably move on to new things when I'm through with the bottle (mostly due to price - if that weren't an issue I would repurchase). I'm NC20 and bought 10 Beige, though I kinda wish I'd gotten 20 Beige because my face does have a pale, almost chalky cast immediately after applying. After it settles in and oxidizes though, the color match is on point and the finish is SO lovely - not exactly dewy (because in my experience dewy just means kinda shiny) but satiny... matte where it needs to be but still gives you a bit of a glow. I use a brush, either my Sigma F80 or Mac 187 stippling brush to blend the foundation out after spreading it over the general area I want to cover. Coverage is light-medium and somewhat buildable, but not super heavy duty and it doesn't 100% conceal scars or dark spots. I think it's the perfect product for layering over a good concealer because it's light, sinks right into your skin and is relatively hydrating without being greasy. I try to front and say that my skin is combination (I do get dry patches on my cheeks) but when I get the midday oilies, I get OILY, so I often have a problem with liquid foundations turning me into a disco ball after 2 hours. Not so much with this one!

That said, it may not be as totally hydrating as some would like it to be because it's still foundation and not a tinted moisturizer, regardless of Aqua this or that. On bad skin days, it can sometimes accentuate dry flakes on the sides of my nose or cling to dull skin under my eyes. I've never experienced a foundation, high end or highest end, that can act as a replacement for good skincare, so I don't see this as much of a detractor. Also I really like that it's got some sun protection factor (15!) for everyday outing and abouting.

The packaging is just okay. I do like that it's lightweight, much like the product itself, and absolutely perfect for travel but sometimes I find it's very easy to over-dispense, especially after shaking the bottle a bit. Like it just suddenly splorts out when I squeeze a little too hard (ahem) and then I have a bunch of foundation I have to slather on my face so I don't feel like I wasted it. Luckily it's light enough that you'll never really look overly caked up but still. I'm also surprised by the amount of product there is. When I received it in the mail I was actually a little disappointed, thinking I'd run through the bottle in a month but I've been using it for months now and I can tell there's still a good amount left when I shake the bottle. I do wish you could more clearly see how much you've got left though, and I'm worried about product waste when it does get to the end, as there's no way you can get inside the bottle.

And the smell is lovely... like I really, really like the smell. Really only adds to the 'luxury' of the product but worth noting haha.