October 25, 2014 | 974 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MzJamZy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff, one bottle lasts me about a month. Man do I love this stuff! I'm 23 and the last few months are the first months that I haven't had zits! (Stupid Aunt Flow still kicks my butt!)
I wash my face at night with the Stress Control scrub by Neutrogena then Spot Corrector by Garnier and use this stuff then in the morning I just use this stuff and Spot Corrector.

The one thing everyone that is planning on trying this needs to keep in mind..
That is DOES dry out your skin, pretty bad. But after about 2-3 weeks of using it.. your skin will get use to it. Also, if you do one week with just using it at night then the 2nd week, start using it twice a day helps.
Another thing.. Using this Toner for the first 2-3 weeks.. it brings all your pimples that under your skin to the surface. So if you can't live with having bad pimples/acne for that amount of time, this isn't for you! I almost gave up when it brought all my pimples to the surface! Until I read a girl's review somewhere (a drugstore website.. not sure which one) that it was suppose to do that and it did it to her too, I stuck with it! And my skin is amazing! I'm so proud of it! I went from wearing full coverage makeup to light/medium! My scars are pretty well diminished. Still shows a bit but not like they were! I started seeing results of them disappearing about the time I had about a half of a week left of my first bottle.

I don't care about the price when it does a good job! I will continue to buy it. I love the stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RickyVsTrevor21

New! Neutrogena Rapid-Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner with micro-clear technology. Fights breakouts in under 8 hours and fades the look of post acne marks. Salycylic acid acne treatment (236ml)

PROS:
•Contains salicylic acid
•Keeps breakouts under control (bottle says for up to 8 hours)
•Kinda fades the look of past acne marks (emphasis on KINDA)
•Packaging is ok

CONS:
•VERY DRYING!!! I have super oily skin and I've been using this twice a day for 5 days now and my skin is all dry and flaky. I've changed nothing in my skin care regimen except my toner
•I got a teeny bit on my finger, so I washed my hand then moisturized. The next day my finger was brown, dry and flaky!!
•Cost me $6.99 US at a Walmart in Michigan (without taxes)
•Contains Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (AHA) which makes your skin MORE prone to sunburn!!! This is what it says... "SUNBURN ALERT: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product for a week after use"

OVERALL: I know I should've started with this... Lol
But, my skin is highly acne prone with tons of acne scars everywhere on my face except nose & forehead (knock on wood) My skin is super oily and pretty pale and very prone to sunburn. So if your skin is like mine, save yourself some money and don't buy this

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dkbusse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have severely acne prone skin. I have tried many prescription treatments as well as drugstore products. I have tried Murad and ProActive and other slimier lines. However, this toner, combined with my current skin care regime, which includes the Neutrogena All-In-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub at night and a more mild Olay cleanser in the morning, is finally working!

My skin is the best it has been in my adult life. I was using the other two cleansers prior to adding in this toner, and I saw okay results, but now I rarely get acne of any kind. I must add, that my skin is combination oily. I don't struggle with dry skin. I would think this product could cause problems for those who have skin that is more on the dry side.

I also must add that it took a couple weeks for this product to start clearing my skin. Like other reviewers, I also dealt with purging in the beginning. I have now been using this product for exactly 6 months.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this toner! This has helped clear up my skin dramatically. I can really see a difference. I also love how its so strong as most toners don't seem to be strong enough for me. However, i would recommend being careful with this product. It can be harsh if you hold this in one spot too long (with a cotton ball) it could burn your skin. I also noticed that it dried up the skin on my finger tips. (I use this morning and night) In other words, I would recommend this to anyone, but if you have dry skin be careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm at a loss with this product. I'm not sure if it is good or bad. If you have acne prone skin this product is more of a pass.

It seems to help fade some scars and good thing too because this product caused the scars in the first place! My biggest issue with the product is it "purges" the skin. Meaning(if you're not aware of that term) forces the acne out. So basically if you are acne prone, you never actually look like you have clear skin. There are always pimples because the product causes the pimples to surface. I've used the product over a month and the "purging" never seems to stop. I thought maybe when my skin got use to it it would.

It does help as well but I'm not sure if it's a fair trade off. At least not for me. If you're not so acne prone this could still be a great product for you. Just, a fair warning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Sereneness

This is my HG toner. As long as I use this, it does not matter too much what I cleanse my face with - it keeps my acne at bay. It does not completely prevent pimples but my post-acne redness and pimples go away much faster than without this product. I have purchased 4-5 bottles of this already and it is part of my daily routine now.

I used to struggle with controlling my breakouts and tried anything and everything to fix the problem. After finding this product, I no longer have issues and I've never been happier with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by bentobento

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim along with their Body Clear body wash mostly to use on my legs since I have had a huge ingrown hair problem lately. The problem left me with a lot of discolored spots and a couple scars, and I was hoping the salicylic acid in this product would help. Can I just say, WOW? I honestly did not expect this to work, but after only using it for 3 days, it has already faded a scar near the bottom of my leg that I was sure I'd have forever. So far it's doing what it says (I have very mild hormonal acne during that time of the month) so I'm pretty happy. The alcohol in it does make the scent strong though. If you swipe it near your nose be prepared for that. If it continues to be effective I'll totally buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkGurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This toner is amazing! I love that it "fights and fades" A friend had mentioned how in love she was with this toner so after mine had ran out I decided to go get it. I have very dry skin but it is acne prone. This really helps and doesn't dry it out but i do use a moisturizer of course. I use my proactive renewing cleanser then use this and let it sit on my face for a bit before applying my cetaphil moisturizer. The only downside is the stupid lid. I find that this toner leaks in my bags when i go to a friends house it always leaks no matter how tight the lid is.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by michellemango

Personally, this toner works about just as good as the Equate brand toners. It didn't have an overpowering scent, but it did leave a sticky residue on my face which I didn't like at all. I have a Equate sensitive skin toner now, and I can say that this toner maybe worked 10% better. The sticky residue really threw me off, and it didn't do anything for my acne scars either. It did keep my acne at bay, but really didn't do anything special for it. I used the entire bottle, so I do have a valid opinion on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this product breaks me out. I was using it to get rid of some leftover acne red marks, but this just gave me more acne! What's weird, is that this gave me acne on my cheeks and cheekbones, and I never ever get pimples there. I love the Neutrogena Rapid Clear pads, but this one was not good for me.