July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product
Although quite expensive its definitely worth the money as i cant find another product that just makes your skin so radiant and gives it such a nice dewy glow
I wouldnt use this as a higlighter alone, i always add BeneFit high beam on areas like my cheebones,nose ect
But this product is one of my favourite products of all time hands down

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Lovely golden-pink highlighter, blends so nicely into skin and it's such a skin booster when added to foundation. Doesn't wash the skin out and it smells really nice too. Can't complain, overall a very lovely liquid highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. When I want to look fresh and glowing but with no blemishes i mix this into my foundation. Gives me a lovely dewy glow.It's also alright by itself on cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow, anywhere the light hits. Smells amazing and comes out as a golden shimmer with a hint of pink.
The only downfall is that it is not the most standout-ish in terms of a highlighter, hence why I use it as a 'glow' for my whole face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love. After swatching this on the back of my hand in Sephora, I wasn't quite sure what to think of the applicator or how the color would turn out. I had swatched Sun Beam on the back of my hand earlier and was quite surprised at the similarities between the two. I found Sun Beam to be a bit too dark/bronze for my liking, but Girl Meets Pearl seems to be a more refined version of Sun Beam. Beautiful pinkish gold champagne color - looking at the back of my hand now this just seems to blend into my skin and give it a beautiful warm glow. I might have to stick with Sephora samples since this is a bit pricey for my liking - but it's an absolutely divine color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A great multi-tasker! I have dry, dull skin that needs a little highlighting during the day, but so many highlighters are as subtle as a disco ball. This one is an iridescent pale pink that melts into the skin leaving the subtlest natural glow.

My #1 daytime use for this is to mix it about 50/50 with my foundation (currently Clinique's Even Better) and apply with my fingers. This makes for a near perfect tinted moisturizer with medium coverage.

I also use this alone on my brow bones, upper cheekbones, a dot on the chin and forehead. I think it is actually hard to use too much of this as long as your not splashing it on. The applicator took a little getting used to. It's one of those flat, multi-hole things that the product flows through. Now, however, I love the applicator as it is impossible to spill the product and very travel friendly. Will definitely re-purchase, unless Benefit invents something better! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love this product. The packaging the impact the effect. I love dewy. Currently I dab it one, sheer, with a wet sponge. Maybe a stippling brush would give it a better effect.

I avoid my shiny forehead....and use the Porefessional around my cheeks, before I dab it on....otherwise it will illuminate lines and pores.

Wear it without makeup. Suits dark to med dark skin tones because of the champagne glow.

It's not shimmer, it's glow. This Benefit have nailed the 'glow' formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by DNeum

This is a great highlighter. I bought a sample of it and am going to purchase the full tube. It adds a pearly sheen but doesn't leave you looking "shiny" in that greasy way. It can be mixed in with a foundation or applied on the tops of the cheekbones in C shape. I also use it to dab in the corners of my eyes and along the sides of my nose (a very very tiny amount on the nose.) I think it would be easy to over apply this product, so less is more starting out.
I don't really care for the packaging. It just looks... little kid ish. I like BeneFit's retro style packaging in general, but this produce could use some repackaging I think. It's a little pricey but a tiny bit goes a long way- the sample tube I had lasted 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I mix this with KA SSE sx08 to thin it and it creates a beautiful slightly satiny finish. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite highlighter for my cheeks/temples.
I have tried thebalm mary lou-manizer, highbeam, moonbeam, nars illuminator, touche eclat, dandelion, toofaced, smashbox, bareminerals, etc etc.
This one just looks best on me.
It smells and looks a lot like thatgal primer, with the same click packaging.
It is quite liquid but not as runny as high beam. I use MACs small skunk brush (130 I think) and pick it up with the brush from the back of my hand and stipple it across the top of my cheekbones and around my temples in a C, and sometimes over my blush a bit (on the top side).
It looks great and doesnt have any noticeable sparkle but a pearly sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is a "soft golden pink liquid pearl that glides on for a breathtakingly luminous complexion". Benefit offers only a limited amount of info on this product, so this may not be my most informative review. I'm pretty sure this product is meant to be used in conjunction with That Gal Brightening Face Primer because the formula has similar features like raspberry and chamomile extracts to calm the skin and light reflecting pigments for a dewy glow, along with very similar packaging. This product can be used as a highlighter or mixed into foundation or moisturizer for all over glowy goodness. The full size of Girl Meets Pearl is priced at $30 for 12ml (.4fl oz). I bought a sample sized tube at Ulta for $8, containing 7.5ml (.25fl oz). I believe the actual value of the same size is about $20. Though it seems tiny, this little sample contains a decent amount of product, more than half of a full size for less than a third of the full price. Sweetest deals! Benefit does not test on animals and offers an extensive animal testing policy on their website. This highlighter was made in the USA. Benefit products can be bought online at the company's website, Sephora, Ulta, and Benefit counters in department stores.
written in peachy pink cursive on the front. An adorable caricature of the San Francisco (Benefit's hometown) skyline wraps around the purple cardboard box. Directions and a full ingredient list can be found on the back of the box. The sample size of Girl Meet Pearl comes in an itty bitty squeeze tube that features the same San Francisco at night design. There is no information on the tube, but that's ok, I think the box pretty much covered it. The full size of Girl Meets Pearl comes in a strange twist up tube, I think I'd prefer a tube like this one.
Girl Meets Pearl is a peachy golden pink as promised. It's on the warmer sides of highlighters, but not as warm as Sunbeam or Watts Up. This highlighter contains a moderate amount of shimmer, the effect is a beautiful golden glow that's noticeable but not too out there. It may be a tad shimmery for some people's tastes, others might think it's better to use in the evening. Actually that's probably what Benefit is suggesting by packaging it in a night-time themed tube. The consistency of this luminizer is a little on the watery side but it blends well. This product seems to change color as you blend it, changing from peach to a soft golden tone. I blend this product in with my fingers, but a concealer brush is also a good option. I apply Girl Meets Pearl to the tops of cheekbones and down the center of my nose, sometimes on my cupid's bow and under the brow. It adds a lovely pearlescent, if not slightly shimmery look to the skin. It's an easy way to add that special little something to the skin that's not super obvious.
Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is a nice liquid luminizer. The slightly shimmery, pearly finish and the light golden color warms up the skin even so slightly and gives a pretty glow to the complexion. The texture is a little runnier than needs be, but it blends well, and that's what really matters. The packaging is really, but what Benefit product packaging isn't? I won't repurchase Girl Meets Pearl, its far too expensive and seems like it might be dupeable. If you have your heart set on Girl Meets Pearl check your Ulta or Sephora for a sample size before investing the $30 into a full size.