October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Colourstay in Buff

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my new HG foundation. I'm a MAC (NC20) user mostly because of my discount however after reading reviews on here about this foundation I decided to give it a try and it was on sale for 40% off at Pharma. I am so glad I tried it!!! The coverage is great, I have blotchy red skin and this covers everything and makes my skin look even. I agree with some others that you have to work with it quickly before it settles onto your skin. As for the packaging I don't mind that there isn't a pump and have mastered the perfect amount that I need to use so no product is wasted. If you are looking for a new foundation I would give this a try. Will definitely be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by frenchwench4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this product in ivory because i have very pale skin and i have trouble finding foundations that don't make me look orange. this colour match was better than most.
the price was average i suppose. it wasn't super cheap, but it wasn't as expensive as designer foundations. it was at the top of the price range pharmacy-wise though. not entirely sure it was worth that much, but i'll go into that later.
the packaging was pretty terrible. a screw top bottle. this and it's consistency made it impossible to get out the last few drops, regardless of whether or not i left it upside down. because it's quite a thick foundation and you obviously had to pour it out of the bottle, it ended up with a lot of build up which would in turn ooze out when you screwed the lid on. it didn't turn crusty or anything, yet you couldn't wipe it off awfully well because of its staying power!
i was really excited to use this because i have quite sensitive skin and often get dry patches and have trouble with foundations sitting in these and my fine lines. the "soft flex" technology therefore sucked me in.
unfortunately, the first thing i noticed was that it was like putting glue on my face. eventually i learned which moisturiser would provide the best base for application (cetaphil), but that shouldn't really have been necessary. it was impossible to blend otherwise, and once it was set you couldn't blend it at all. this caused endless problems. unfortunately this excellent staying power worked against it. mostly you could get away with accidentally brushing something against your face, however if you rubbed it off your nose trying to get your jumper off, that was the end. it was nearly impossible to try to touch it up with a little more foundation on top. it made it terrible to scrub off which probably wasn't very good for my skin (the scrubbing and the leftover foundation in my pores). the worst thing was that if i got sweaty on my nose it would end up being all spotty and i couldn't blot it because the sweat wouldn't sit on top, it would push the foundation aside, so i couldn't just blend it with my fingers or it would just come off completely. and if i tried to touch it up with more foundation, it would just keep doing the same thing and the rest of my face would end up being a mess too. i had a really embarrassing moment on a summer date when my upper lip got sweaty and so i wiped it without thinking and all the foundation on it just came off and i ended up looking like i had a moustache. it was horrible!
the "soft flex" didn't help my skin move and therefore my fine lines were highly visible (and of course i couldn't just blend them in a bit) HOWEVER, because it was so thick, it didn't sit in my dry patches.
soooo in conclusion, i definitely wouldn't buy this again. especially not in summer. the staying power was great, but it also caused a LOT of problems. the only pros were the colour and the fact that it didn't sit in my dry patches, but that was pretty much it. sorry for the ramble. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mmcminn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a bare minerals girl and I still love my mineral makeup but I was looking for something with more coverage. At first I was wanting MAC but I tried this after reading reviews and I am completely happy with this choice! The color matched my skin perfectly and even though I am getting full coverage I didn't look cakey. It lasts all day without sweating off in the Texas summer heat. The only thing I don't like is that when I first put it on I can feel it sitting on my skin, but this goes away within an hour or so and looks beautiful all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by shanntann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found my new HG foundation!

let me start off by saying I have very oily, acne prone skin with lots of scaring on my cheeks and above my lips ( I HATE IT!!!!)

I've been looking for a foundation that will
a) neutralize the redness in my face to properly blend with the yellow undertones I have all over the rest of me
b) keep my face feeling fresh, matte and clean ALL DAY (humid days, work etc.)
c) cover my imperfections

And boy let me tell you, I've found it! I've been on the search for so long, trying out any foundation from drugstore brands to high end ones. And each time, I always end up coming back to Colourstay

It really does stay on for a long time! Keeps my face feeling very matte without having that sticky-makeup feeling miday.
I set it with Maybeline Dream Matte Powder or MUFE HD Loose powder, and it looks great!
i use concealer and a bit more foundation on areas where I have more problems, but all in all, MY FAVOURITE FOUNDATION! Please never discontinue haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kaejlarh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This make up is an okay foundation. If put on incorrectly, it makes my skin look cakey and no body likes a cake face!! Well, I don't like it on me anyway. I have this foundation in Sand Beige and it is a perfect match for my skin tone! :D Which very rarely happens. It kind of sits on the skin, somewhat reduces my pore size. You have to apply it little bits at a time and blend quickly as it does dry quite fast. I use a foundation brush to apply this but I think it will work better with a wet sponge, so I will be trying that out very soon! It has great coverage, I have some marks from acne still so I need to cover that up and it works brilliantly but I prefer a more light-medium coverage as it feels so much nicer on my skin. I would buy this product again, but if I found something better, I'd buy that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The last time I wore drugstore foundation was in the 90s. I've been a big mineral fan for years and years but I'm getting in my mid 30s and I need something more moisturizing and mineral foundation makes me look flakey sometimes. I decided to try this because I've read many reviews about how this foundation is a great dupe for MAC. I am a PPP with a lot of redness to my skin and I tend to peel if I don't exfoliate everyday. I bought the foundation for dry skin. I applied this with a MAC 187 brush. I couldn't believe the finish I got. My skin looked airbrushed. There was no flaking, all my redness was gone. I didn't have to use concealor. I love it. The color Buff is yellow based which is why I bought it because I have a lot of redness to my skin. This covered everything beautifully. I love the fact that I only need a tiny amount to do my entire face. I set the foundation with Ben Nye translucent powder and it looks great. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the packaging. There isn't a pump. You have to pour the foundation out and it's in a glass bottle. Other than that small complaint, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Okke

I love it. It stays well on my face even though I got wet while doing sanitation at work :) and the color matches my skin tones. I normally wearing medium beige , it too pink for me and had try true beige made me look brown.
Definitely will buy it again. *_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm thinking this is my new HG foundation. I've been using it for a week, had one zit pop up but that may not be from this makeup, time will tell and I will edit this review if needed. The reasons why I love this makeup are that it stays on ALL day, my oily skin stays fresh looking all day - I use an oil blotting sheet about halfway through the day and my face looks like it did when I walked out the door in the morning. Amazing! No more having to reapply powder mid-day, no more foundation melting off by late afternoon...love it! I am using Buff at the moment bc I'm pretty fair and it blends in really well. I pour a small amount of foundation in the palm of my hand then use a stippling brush to apply and always use a light dusting of loose powder over it (currently using Coty, but I don't know that it matters). I swear it makes my skin look airbrushed. So unless I really start breaking out, I'm sold!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahKayx3

i started using this foudation august 2010 :O and i love it covers everything defo worth buyin but only problem i have is that its not got a pump and always waste so much product its got that bad that i have went through 4 bottles within 6 months :(...but i could apply this foundation in the morning some times dont even set it with a powder and when its ah really hot day aswell it wont budge..wont come off until you take it off <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by missandix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been struggling forever to find my right color match and something that would last more that 5-6 hours without reapplying or powdering after a while. This is my HG product. my best color match ever found - 150 Buff for oily/combination skin. Just so you understand the staying power of this - I put it on at 6.30 AM on a hot and humid day, went to school for 8 hours, came back home (which involves two twenty-minute walks), after that I worked out for 2 straight hours, sweating quite a lot. After i cooled down, I only blotted my skin, and my face looked 100% flawless just like in the morning. this was at about 9.30 PM, which is 15 hours. I would say that is pretty amazing! It didn't come off a single bit until I took it off.
As far as coverage, it is medium to full coverage, but very build-able to full. My skin actually looks like skin wearing it, stays shine free for many hours. Which is funny, because with more sheer foundations I looked like I was wearing a ton of makeup and my skin didn't look as flawless.
I apply it with my fingers and if I have time, I blend it with my kabuki (buffer) brush.
The packaging is quite bad, I hate dealing with glass bottles, so I transferred it to a bottle that was originally made for a moisturizer, that has a pump. problem solved! A good new bottle option would be Maybelline Dream Satin.
I usually use this as a concealer as well, both under-eye and blemishes. I have it on my hand while I put it all over my face, and till I get to the point where I would normally apply a concealer, it gets thicker so it works amazingly as a concealer. I don't have severe under-eye darkness, but I definitely have some.
Hope this was helpful.