Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous

3.5

Contains: Water, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10-1 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Silica, Sorbitan Isostearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, PCA Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain:Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 5/6/2012 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS not for OILY SKIN TYPES..
AGAIN NOT FOR OILY SKIN GIRLS..

GREAT packaging. you wont waste a drop of product there...
IMMEDIATELY this gave me a sheen, i like my face matte, smart of me to get a luminous tyoe foundation right? well I NEVER tried SK before (only her brushes) but overall coverage was nice.. the sheen is a negative!!!!!
maybe that benefits girls with perfect dry skin.. but thats not me..

on 3/19/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The container is okay. I don't care for it 'cause it's hard and you can't see the product you're getting (or how little's left). I like it's a pump though so that explains the 3 for the packaging. I gave it 2 for price. It's not bad for drugstore since there are some a bit more expensive but it's not the cheapest. The product itself just sucks. I bought the lightest color and it was a hair too light. At first when applying my face was whiter. Then it matched my skin. The coverage to this is light to non-existent. It feels like you're putting sunscreen on and then it is gone. I had this on for a few hours and then took a nap. I woke up to no make-up on. In store there was a bottle already opened (by another customer) that I tried out. It was much darker and it seemed like this product only colored the skin but didn't cover anything. I want light-medium to medium coverage. With that being said I wouldn't even suggest this to anyone. I guess if it makes you feel better putting this on when you have perfect skin...go for it?

on 2/5/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The only things I like about this foundation is the yellow-based aspect and the natural looking coverage. Flattering colors for yellow toned skin. The cons: I had to buy three different shades to find the right color because Target doesn't carry any testers. This foundation was too greasy for my already oily skin, and even with powder, it still felt very sticky. The worst part of this is that it made my skin breakout (cystic acne) after wearing just one time. I tried it another day just to make sure I wasn't applying too much, and my skin started to feel itchy 10 minutes after applying a thin layer. I tried returning to Target, but they wouldn't let me. 40 bucks down the drain. I really wish they had testers like they do for some of their other higher end makeup brands. I found some other great yellow-based drugstore makeup brands that I will add to my reviews.

on 1/29/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Cream, because Buff was sold out at Target. I was a little nervous as it looks like it might be more peachy, but rest assured it comes out of the tube a true yellow. I'm half asian with light-medium skin tone, most products are either too light or too dark or too pink, but this seems to blend in and correct redness. Since it's light-medium coverage, if you're off on your shade you should be alright. I have to catch a train in the morning to go to work so I'm always rushing to do my makeup, and what I love about this stuff is that I can just pat it on after moisturizing and I don't have to prime, buff it in, or rub it out of lines or pores for it to look good.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the stickyness of the foundation. It feels kind of unpleasant on for the first 30 mins. I usually dust it with Neutrogena mineral compact powder.

It definitely has a scent, but it's not that bad and wears off after you apply it.

I bought this while I was on accutane and every product seemed to settle into dry skin and pores like crazy. This stuff did the trick- I recommend for winter use as it's not drying and handles the flakies well. Since my medication stopped my skin from producing oil I didn't have to worry about breaking out from it. So if you have sensitive/oily skin you may want to be careful, I suspect it would be a bit too thick for you.

on 1/16/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this foundation overall. I had been mostly using powder foundations the last few years, but my skin gets pretty dry in the winter. (I live in Northern Nevada) It is slightly heavier coverage than I like, but I started mixing it with my moisturizer and applying it with MAC 187, and that sheered it out pretty nicely. It has a luminous effect, but no glitter. I do feel like it sometimes oxidizes on me by the end of the day, but not terribly bad. I like the packaging, with the pump. Would rebuy.

on 1/16/2012 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is great. Color match is perfect. It has a glow which is what I need in the winter. And it isn't glitter. I use my Sonia Kashuk pointed foundation brush to apply, and set with Sonia Kashuk pressed powder. It isn't long wearing, about 6 hours. But as it fades it still looks great. I don't have creasing or patchiness. Two negatives would be the fragrance. It's pretty heavy, does go away, but if your sensitive would be a problem. Second is packaging. You can't see the true color of this product or see how much is left. If you like light- med coverage check this out.

on 1/11/2012 10:51:00 PM

You need to try this foundation! As I age (I'm now in my late 20's), I notice my skin has different needs. I use to love MUFE HD, but lately found it settled into fine lines. This is very similar in coverage and finish (in my opinion), however it doesn't settle into my lines and pores like the MUFE. Shades are limited, but I got pretty lucky. I can use Cream 03 in the Winter (for reference I am NC30 / combination skin). I never seemed to get the right shade of MUFE, it was always off, so finding the right shade is a big part of it.
PROS:
- Satin finish
- Feels lightweight
- Medium coverage
- Yellow
- Doesn't settle into lines or pores
- Wears well throughout the day
CONS:
- Packaging is deceiving, there isn't that much product
- Target always has limited stock
- Pump sometimes gets stuck

on 12/21/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Edit Mar 1, 2013:
I am dropping one lippy due to packaging. I had to throw this away without being able to use all of the foundation left in the horrible package/bottle. No matter how I tapped, left it upside down etc., the makeup clings to the plastic and will not come out. The odd pump needs quite a bit of liquid in the tube in order for it to cover the pump, to pump it out. The odd bottle shape makes it impossible to scrape it out manually! Sonia please go back to a regular upright pump bottle. I will not buy again unless the packaging changes.

Original review:
For anyone with YELLOW toned skin, this foundation is very yellow! And oh so perfect a color for my light to medium, oh so yellow, skin :) I bought the color cream. It is just a very tiny bit darker than my natural color and not really noticeable.

The texture is creamy and applies easily with fingers, it has an odd scent (floral/spicy/fruity??) which does fade away in a few minutes. This is a light to med coverage foundation, with very light application it will look like a tinted moisturizer. The finish looks dewy to me and after wearing it for 6 hours, it looked like I'd just applied it. No settling into fine lines.

This is actually expensive for basically drug store makeup. You only get .6oz for $10.49, most foundations are 1oz. (makes it about $17.50 an oz.).

If you go to Sonia's website all ingredients for all of her products are listed. Thank you SK!

Pros:
Fabulous yellow toned colors
Pump bottle
Wears well
Doesn't settle into lines
Looks fairly natural

Cons:
A bit expensive
Hard to find, most Targets are out of stock
Slight scent to it

on 12/12/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this a lot, I think it's a great dupe for chanel vitaluminere aqua. I love the pump. The lightest shade this comes in (bisque) is comparable to the warm/yellow lightest shade the chanel comes in (B10), however, this is slightly warmer. This does not offer as much coverage as chanel either, it's almost like a tinted moisturizer. The formula is very similar, not as watery, not as nice, but it's $10, so that's to be expected. I found this is to be somewhat drying, however my sister said it made her skin incredibly oily. I'm going to keep this on hand for when I run low on my chanel, if your skin is better than mine, you may be able to get away with wearing just this and ditching the chanel. For reference I am NC15.

on 10/27/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

EDIT TO REVIEW BELOW: I am wondering now if even Dimethicone (a type of silicone) in this product clogs my pores and causes some break-out over time. Does anyone have a liquid foundation with no silicones, no chemical sunscreens which looks good and does not cause clogging of pores?

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have oily, break-out prone skin and I'm in my 40's. I use retinol at night so I have some dryness at times too. I am also ultra sensitive to silicones and chemical sunscreens (dimethicone is the only "cone" that does not seem to cause break-outs. Also, over the years, I've found cyclopentasiloxane to be terrible for acne). Anyway, I usually buy foundations at department stores, but I read the reviews of this product, read the ingredients, and decided to try this product.

This is a great foundation that does not cause breakouts and looks very natural while giving pretty good coverage! Great foundation at a dirt cheap price, available at Target. The smell is sort of cinnamony and not bad. I would not change any ingredients to get rid of the faint smell since it gives a great finish and does not seem to cause breakouts!