July 26, 2014 | 1852 users online

Liquid - Sonia Kashuk - Perfecting Luminous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This foundation is great. Color match is perfect. It has a glow which is what I need in the winter. And it isn't glitter. I use my Sonia Kashuk pointed foundation brush to apply, and set with Sonia Kashuk pressed powder. It isn't long wearing, about 6 hours. But as it fades it still looks great. I don't have creasing or patchiness. Two negatives would be the fragrance. It's pretty heavy, does go away, but if your sensitive would be a problem. Second is packaging. You can't see the true color of this product or see how much is left. If you like light- med coverage check this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by hissy

You need to try this foundation! As I age (I'm now in my late 20's), I notice my skin has different needs. I use to love MUFE HD, but lately found it settled into fine lines. This is very similar in coverage and finish (in my opinion), however it doesn't settle into my lines and pores like the MUFE. Shades are limited, but I got pretty lucky. I can use Cream 03 in the Winter (for reference I am NC30 / combination skin). I never seemed to get the right shade of MUFE, it was always off, so finding the right shade is a big part of it.
PROS:
- Satin finish
- Feels lightweight
- Medium coverage
- Yellow
- Doesn't settle into lines or pores
- Wears well throughout the day
CONS:
- Packaging is deceiving, there isn't that much product
- Target always has limited stock
- Pump sometimes gets stuck

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit Mar 1, 2013:
I am dropping one lippy due to packaging. I had to throw this away without being able to use all of the foundation left in the horrible package/bottle. No matter how I tapped, left it upside down etc., the makeup clings to the plastic and will not come out. The odd pump needs quite a bit of liquid in the tube in order for it to cover the pump, to pump it out. The odd bottle shape makes it impossible to scrape it out manually! Sonia please go back to a regular upright pump bottle. I will not buy again unless the packaging changes.

Original review:
For anyone with YELLOW toned skin, this foundation is very yellow! And oh so perfect a color for my light to medium, oh so yellow, skin :) I bought the color cream. It is just a very tiny bit darker than my natural color and not really noticeable.

The texture is creamy and applies easily with fingers, it has an odd scent (floral/spicy/fruity??) which does fade away in a few minutes. This is a light to med coverage foundation, with very light application it will look like a tinted moisturizer. The finish looks dewy to me and after wearing it for 6 hours, it looked like I'd just applied it. No settling into fine lines.

This is actually expensive for basically drug store makeup. You only get .6oz for $10.49, most foundations are 1oz. (makes it about $17.50 an oz.).

If you go to Sonia's website all ingredients for all of her products are listed. Thank you SK!

Pros:
Fabulous yellow toned colors
Pump bottle
Wears well
Doesn't settle into lines
Looks fairly natural

Cons:
A bit expensive
Hard to find, most Targets are out of stock
Slight scent to it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

I like this a lot, I think it's a great dupe for chanel vitaluminere aqua. I love the pump. The lightest shade this comes in (bisque) is comparable to the warm/yellow lightest shade the chanel comes in (B10), however, this is slightly warmer. This does not offer as much coverage as chanel either, it's almost like a tinted moisturizer. The formula is very similar, not as watery, not as nice, but it's $10, so that's to be expected. I found this is to be somewhat drying, however my sister said it made her skin incredibly oily. I'm going to keep this on hand for when I run low on my chanel, if your skin is better than mine, you may be able to get away with wearing just this and ditching the chanel. For reference I am NC15.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by daisy12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT TO REVIEW BELOW: I am wondering now if even Dimethicone (a type of silicone) in this product clogs my pores and causes some break-out over time. Does anyone have a liquid foundation with no silicones, no chemical sunscreens which looks good and does not cause clogging of pores?

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have oily, break-out prone skin and I'm in my 40's. I use retinol at night so I have some dryness at times too. I am also ultra sensitive to silicones and chemical sunscreens (dimethicone is the only "cone" that does not seem to cause break-outs. Also, over the years, I've found cyclopentasiloxane to be terrible for acne). Anyway, I usually buy foundations at department stores, but I read the reviews of this product, read the ingredients, and decided to try this product.

This is a great foundation that does not cause breakouts and looks very natural while giving pretty good coverage! Great foundation at a dirt cheap price, available at Target. The smell is sort of cinnamony and not bad. I would not change any ingredients to get rid of the faint smell since it gives a great finish and does not seem to cause breakouts!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***EDIT**
Sadly I had to drop it down a couple lippies because I figured this foundation began to break me out after using it for a while.. I dont wear it that much anymore for that reason.
*****
This is a very nice foundation. For reference Im a NC5-NC15 range in mac and I bought this in the lightest shade bisque and its perfect (as long as I dont cake it on of course). This foundation has a very nice dewy finish and looks best with a small amount of setting powder. Its also mostly yellow based as well which is what I love because most drugstore foundations are always so orange and pink based blah.

This has a nice fragrance to it. Kind of like sugary fruit and it smells nice, the fragrance goes away once you apply the makeup.

I will keep buying this for sure!
*EDIT*
Forgot to mention that this isnt very good for full coverage if thats what you are looking for.. id say this is very light-medium range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by LashLine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for my HG foundation (not a foundation-wearer normally), and I think this 'could' be it!

I'm NC30-35, with , combination to oily skin, and chose the color Buff.
I find that this foundation really melts into my skin- it evens out my tone and clarity, but it doesn't look "make-upy".

Although I love the look of perfectly matte skin, my skin quality isn't the best for full-coverage foundation. I have very visible pores, and I find that heavier foundation kind of makes the holes appear larger. Weird and unattractive.

I've also found that it's really hard to find foundations with truly yellow undertones! I've tried the best of the drug-store brands, and they all appear a bit pinkish, or they oxidize to a weird orange-y color.

This foundation seems to be perfect for me so far.
The color stays true, and the staying power seems fine for my office-bound lifestyle. I have oil breaks after a few hours, but a good spot blotting and powder corrects it easily. There's no running or streaking or anything else weird.

One other great feature is the packaging. I love that this comes with a pump. There's no mess, so it's very sanitary and it's really easy to control.

I definitely will repurchase this. Hopefully they will continue to make it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by roxysurfergirlpi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in vanilla, it seemed to match my skin well, just a tad bit light though. I really like this foundation but I just can't get over the scent. It smells like baked apple or something but not in a good way. After an hour it didn't bother me, but this has prevented me from trying out again. And now my brush smells like it too. But besides that, this is a really great foundation. It covered my discoloration and light acne scars. It stayed on all day, and stayed matte too, which is something I really look for since I have an oily t-zone. I would definitely purchase this again if somehow the scent wasn't there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at the high rating for this foundation. I liked this foundation's predecessor a few years so picked this up recently hoping it was similiar. The colour and smell are similiar, but that's it. This stuff has the strangest texture, it's quite thick and is very difficult to apply. I tried applying it with a flat brush, a stippling brush, traditional foundation brush, beauty blender and finally my fingers, all with the same lousy result. It takes a lot of work to get it smooth and even looking and the payoff is not good, the coverage is very light and lasts only a few hours. There is nothing luminous about it either, unless the gross shine is intended as luminosity.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sandra72779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up on whim. I am in the yellow toned area. And this works beautifully. I am a NC20/25 and buff is perfect for me. It is very build-able medium coverage. A definite re buy.