November 24, 2014 | 1974 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this cleanser. It's very effective at removing my makeup, although I usually use Dermalogica's Precleanse first. I like that you can twist the pump to lock it, which is hygienic if you keep your cleanser in the bathroom where there's moisture. It has very good ingredients in it like hyaluronic acid and ceramides which keep your skin's acid mantle intact. It does not make my skin feel tight at all or oily. I follow with Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer (for oily skin) and my skin feels refreshed, I haven't broken out and my hyperpigmentation spots seem to be fading a little bit.

The only negative-- which won't deter me from buying this, is that it stings a lot if you accidentally get it in your eyes. No big deal because it really is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Great cleanser, removes all of my makeup and I never break out when I use it. Love the pump bottle and the large size. Took off one lippie because it does give me dry patches (I have oily skin too) in the winter. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by elijes

My HG cleanser - gentle but effective, full of good ingredients (ceramides, niacinide, etc.) but does not irritate sensitive skin. I have had bad reactions to many a cleanser but this one has only made my skin better.

I remove my makeup/sunscreen with mineral oil before using it so I cannot attest to its makeup removing abilities but it gets all the oil off my face beautifully and my skin feels soft after!

It is a tiny bit drying in the wintertime but nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

Will probably repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vangoghhomeyouredrunk

I had patchy acne for years before using this product. It wasn't terrible, pizza-face acne that needed a face covered in foundation to leave the house, but it was annoying and I had 5-7 spots to cover up daily. When one spot started to disappear, a few more would pop up. I had been using Cetaphil before this product, along with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and Olay moisturizer. My boyfriend had been using CeraVe products and he has great skin, and I liked the way it made my skin feel after using it at his house, so I bought a bottle of foaming facial cleanser and moisturizer (I now also have the SPF 30 daytime moisturizer, which is expensive for a small bottle, so I just use it when I'm playing sports or outside for a while). My face almost never breaks out now, and when it does, it's not that bad. The zits go away within a couple of days and aren't very noticeable.

This product lasts forever. I bought a bottle about three months ago and I'm not even half-way done with it yet. You don't need a full pump to get your foam on.

Also, if you're having trouble with pimples, make sure you don't let the shower stream run over your face. It's rough on the skin and can make you break out!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

I'm torn between this and the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle foaming cleanser. They're both so great for dry months. I would probably choose this over the other due to the ceramides it contains. My derm sells this at the office, but you can buy it anywhere for under $13. It's always out of stock at Target & Walmart, so that should tell you something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This and other CeraVe products have truly saved my face. I was red, irritated, combo skinned and broke out all the time before I incorporated these products into my routine. I use the hydrating wash in the morning, and use this in the evening. I remove most my makeup and sunscreen with Albolene and then follow with two pumps of this, which I feel breaks down the rest better than the hydrating wash. My skin is clean but not stripped or irritated. No fragrance or dyes, and good additives like ceramides. The price is good considering it lasts several months, and the packaging is great. My skin barrier really has improved tremendously, and my skin is closer to normal than it has ever been. No breakouts, either. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used several cleansers over the years (usually ones by Olay, Neutrogena, and Aveeno) and have been pretty happy with them. But now that I have tried this Cerave cleanser...I will never go back to those awful cleansers. In comparison, they seem to be extremely drying, irritating, stripping, and full of nasty chemicals and dyes and scents that my face just doesn't need.

This cleanser is my "HG" now. It is truly amazing. It's incredibly gentle...no burning or stinging on my skin (or my eyes, if it happens to get in them). And afterwards my face doesn't feel dry and tight and dying for moisturizer. You can feel that this cleanser really doesn't break down your skin's natural barrier.

Since using this cleanser, my skin has never been more glowing, well-moisturized, and break out free. I feel like if everyone used this cleanser, we would all have healthier skin!

As a disclaimer...I don't really wear a lot of make up so I am not sure how well this removes make up. Sometimes it doesn't get my waterproof mascara off too well, and when that happens, I simply use a little coconut oil on my eyes to dissolve everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used so many daily facial cleansers, its ridiculous!

This one actually works, doesn't dry out skin, leaves your skin soft, clean, and glowing. It's weird that a cleanser can leave your skin feeling so clean without any drying/tightness! It slightly foams/lathers nothing crazy and has no lingering smells.

This does not irritate skin at all and can be used often. This is a HG(holy grail) product for sensitive skin or anyone for that matter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by echiba

This is a great cleanser. Sure, it may be simple, but what more do you really want from a cleanser? I have acne prone, oily, sensitive skin and this gets me clean without that stripped, parched feeling. It lathers adequately, has no discernible smell other than "cleanser," and it doesn't have any irritating ingredients. It's a generous size with a sturdy pump, and it doesn't exacerbate my acne. I like that Paula has given this her "best of," rating, I feel like although this cleanser may not be doing anything super special for my skin, it's also not hurting it either.

I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser first so I can't say how great this is at removing makeup, but it does seem to do well getting off the last bits of it.

All in all a good buy. Don't expect it to change your life, but I'm not sure any cleanser really can.

EDIT 4/14
Edited to add another lippie. I've been using it for four months and I don't think I'll buy another cleanser. When I'm breaking out, or super sensitive or extremely dry, this cleanser always helps calm my skin. All I can say is, BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin yet acne prone. This cleanser does not make me break out. It also produces a nice lather that doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped of all moisture like most foaming cleansers do. My face clean and refreshed after using this. My dry patches have improved while using this also.