Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

4.2

Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/14/2013 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really evens out visible pores to some extent, neutral color, but rather bright (vanilla, not pinkish), may not be suitable for darker skin tones.
Downside: rather expensive, little content. Nice packaging!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

As I was on the hunt for a good setting powder, I was directed to this one at Sephora. I'm fairly pleased with this product. It certainly does the trick; my facial make up lasts all day with this powder dusted over it. Not to mention, the packaging is extremely pretty. (Too Faced knows how to grab you with their designs)! I don't wear this all the time though, as I find it sometimes breaks me out. (That's make up for ya!)

on 1/13/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it. It can be used as a primer and a setting powder, and works beautifully at both. Minimizes pores, keeps oil at bay, fells silky on he skin and doesn't look cakey. Packaging isn't the best, as some powder can fly when you open the lid of you're not careful, but anyway, it's a winner :)

on 11/24/2012 1:00:00 PM

This is the best translucent powder I've veer tried.
I use it as primer or as a setting powder, but not as both at the same time.

As a primer, this leaves my skin sooo smooth and soft at the touch. The foundation I use usually oxides very quickly on my oily skin ( Revlon colorstay) but this helps to keep the color for a very long time, which I love.
As a setting powder it does pretty much the same job, you have to apply only a tiny bit or it'll look white on the skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

So since I've been getting into BB creams and tinted moisturizers, I've been in search for a translucent powder to help mattify my skin. Maybe the tester was old, but I appreciated the yellower tint and thought it was intentional. I loved how silky it felt as well. I recognized the smoothness and thought, "Ok, this is a bit pricey, but it's something I will use everyday."

I happily left the store and tried it on a tinted foundation. "Hmm the powder doesn't look yellow anymore," I realized. I ignored the prickling and nagging concious about how this product was JUST like E.L.F HD powder, as both products main ingredient is silica. "But it isn't," I tried to fool myself. "Too Faced has honeysuckle extract. TWO kinds of honeysuckle extract. E.L.F HD doesn't!!" But alas, I later succumbed to the fact that I was ripped off as my face looked super white and dry. Poreless, yes, but dry.

on 10/21/2012 4:02:00 PM

This powder works like magic! I use just a tad over my MUFE Mat Velvet and the combination is wonderful. This powder gives a great finish and really does lessen the appearance of my pores.

This is a great finishing powder that will give you a very smooth looking complexion. It's a super super fine texture, similar to MUFE's HD powder. You can apply this as a primer too before you put on your foundation, but I only use it as a finishing touch..it actually is the only powder I apply after my foundation. I was very happy to see that it kept my face matte all day even when I was visiting Florida which was crazy humid at the time!! Overall, this is a nice product for oily skin, & for people who want to stay matte all day without looking/feeling cakey.

on 4/20/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this finishing powder. I have been using it for a few years. I've tried other products and they simply did not compare. This product is very light but can get too powdery if you apply heavily.

I actually use a little brush or powder buff to press in the powder into my pores after I apply my foundation. IT WORKS MIRACLES. Sometimes I will dust it all over my face but when used for on the spot "fill in"...it's amazing.

A little press here and there and I stay matte all day.

on 3/29/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is extremely finelly milled and fine. Upon initial application the skin looks soft and pores are diffused. I have huge pores and some acne scarring on my cheeks and this didnt cling on or make those appear any worse. Although it mattifies the skin it doesnt leave a chalky appearance instead I would describe it as a lovely satin finish. I have very combination skin with some dry patches. I applied this over my NARS sheer glow foundation. Initially this looked great like a soft focus lens over my base but after about an hour and a half I turned into a greasy faced mess! I think anyone speaking to me could see their reflection in my forehead. It would have been better to just not powder at all which I've done and have not gotten anywhere near this shiny. I saw a picture taken when wearing this (it was my sisters birthday) and OMG embarassing, the shine. Another downfall for me is the price $28 for .16 oz is a bit extravagant. That ends up being approximately $175 per ounce! Most loose powders come in 1 oz quantities such as the LM translucent powder...Nars is 1.35 oz. Chanel 1 oz. The packagins is cute and the stopper over the vents is a good idea but mine still leaked out a little. I am returning this ASAP. Not worth the extravagant price. The initial appearance is lovely but I would have to carry this and reapply to maintain tha appearance and at $175 an ounce no can do!

on 3/29/2012 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

How I tried it: (1) Under foundation as a primer; (2) As a powder to set makeup.

Temporary effects: Foundation looks "set" and satiny.

Long-term results: Skin started to itch horribly after about an hour--I wanted to claw my face off. I also noticed 4 new breakouts on my chin where I had applied the powder. Were the breakouts from a sensitizing ingredient, from unrelated hormonal changes, or because it caused me to touch my face more frequently throughout the day? All I know is that my skin was great the week before and now I have major spots to conceal. Thumbs down.