April 17, 2014 | 1596 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this powder because I was such a fan of the primer. While it is at least light enough for my extremely fair skin, the texture is almost too fine. It is so lightweight that it billows up with the slightest breeze and it always makes me sneeze while I'm trying to put it on. Trying is the operative word, because I find it difficult to get enough of it to stay on my skin and not float away. 'Weightless' might be a desirable quality in a foundation, but this powder takes it to the extreme. It is also difficult to get any kind of coverage, and when I say difficult I mean impossible. To be fair, it does create a light finish that gives the illusion of no visible pores, but only if you can get enough of it on. It also works as a final step to set your makeup, so I will be able to use it. I'm also not a fan of the packaging design. Trying to get the powder out is messy and too much of it goes up in the air. I was really expecting more from a sister product to one of my all time favorites. The primer, while definitely not cheap, is worth every penny. Bottom line - rather expensive zero gravity powder that covers pores but nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by luvkire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My large pores and oily face always trouble me, its like it won't go away no matter what foundation or powder I used. But thanks to Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder, I don't have to fret about this anymore !

The powder works wonders for me, it really reduces the size of my pores and provides a nice matte appearance, with a little brightening effect. The powder is very fine and light-weighted that you don't feel a thing on your face, its like your skin is breathing with make-up on !

I apply this before make up as a primer, and after make up as a finishing veil. It helps my foundation and concealer stays on longer. My concealer usually gets cakey during mid day, but after I started using this, it stays put and lasts longer.

I find it quite expensive in the primer range, and also its quite a bit of waste during application even when I'm using a Kabuki brush to pick it up very slowly. But for all the wonders it brought to me, I can't afford not to give it a 5/5 rating!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this but I don't. I feel like I waste a lot whenever I use it. No matter how little I use it always puffs up when I apply it. I even use the Too Faced brush that goes with it. (That I love!) I'm never sure if I'm using too much or too little. I will continue to use it until it is gone but will then buy a pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the translucent to finish my makeup. I use a very light dusting and it gives me a pretty finish. SInce I started using it, I have received several compliments about my face having a "sparkle" and being luminous. I have really good skin to begin with - this makes it look even smoother and has a tiny bit of light reflecting material in it that makes your face look pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I put this on beneath and over my foundation and it last a long time not to mention looking flawless. I dont even consider it a powder, it turns into a smoke when applying which goes to show it is high quality. I hate the sifter though, it gets messy really quick. I've always liked too faced so ill buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder ~ it's incredibly lightweight, very finely milled and is magic for my oily skin. I cannot stand to "feel" anything on my face - foundation, sunscreen, powder, etc. This feels like nothing on, yet it mattifies my face and gives a lovely air-brushed finish. I also like the packaging - you can adjust the sifter to distribute just enough product into the lid, then apply with a brush or applicator of your choice.
Another plus - no animal testing :)
This is truly along the lines of HG for me - I will repurchase as long as they make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product! I like it better than MUFE's hd powder, it left a whitish cast on my face. This powder blends well and sets my makeup. I am not a really oily person, but I do get the usual t-zone shine. This product helps that a lot! The only real downside is the price. It's cheaper than the hd powder but it's still pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by akyky

The powder gives my face a nice finish, but I'm not sure that it does a lot for my pores. You can still see my pores but I guess they're slightly less noticable, but only slightly. I don't think it's worth the money. I know its purpose isn't to mattify skin, but I expect that in my translucent finishing powder and it just doesn't deliver. It's pretty expensive at $28 for .16oz; I feel like Make Up For Ever's HD Powder works just the same as this, but at $15 for .17oz. I wouldn't repurchase either one though, just because I need something to keep the oil at bay and neither one does that. They both don't make my foundation last longer either, which I suspect is because of the oil. They both, however, do an amazing job at providing a flawless finish for up to an hour.

If your skin is dry, normal, or combo, this product might work wonders for you. Maybe when I get older, my oily skin will calm down a bit. When that happens I'm definitely gonna give MUFE's HD powder a second chance, and then TF primed and poreless (just because of the cost difference).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

This is AMAZING stuff! I have used setting powders with silica but nothing I have used has been has effective or looked as natural as this. I was using Elf's High Definition powder which worked fine but it didn't last and made me look and feel like I had a white cast on my face. I like that I can use it as either a primer or a setting powder, but I have found better results using a regular primer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless) then setting my make up with this. It makes my face look so soft, and just makes my whole face look polished and blended. It does soften my blush, but I don't mind, because it makes my blush look more natural. You can use a little extra under the eyes and this makes an amazing setting powder for your concealor. I have used it as a primer for my powder foundation, it doesn't soften my pores as much used that way, but I didn't get oily midday like I normally do with powder foundations! Or any foundation really!

Other positive notes: a very little goes a long way and the packaging allows you to save product because it doesn't go everywhere everytime you open the lid as long as you keep the sifter covered.

It is expensive, but for what it does, how little you need, and how multi-purpose it is, I think it's not that bad cost wise.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not really sure how everyone else is using this and getting good results. I has to return it.
First, it seemed as if my pores were more visible (the powder sunk in), I inhaled some powder and it left my face with a different skin tone. I really didn't want to deal with this, a primer should not be this difficult to use. ):