October 24, 2014 | 1159 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It really is long wearing. It lasts for a long time. I only need one pump for my whole face, however, I never really need too much coverage. I really moisturize and prime my face before hand and it never looks cakey. I have normal skin but my tzone does get oily sometimes. If I set this with my HD powder then I never have problems with that. The coverage is pretty good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by newbri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG!!! Will forever love this product

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

Pro long wear? NO long wear! I made the transition from MAC's 'face and body' foundation to this one, seeking better coverage, which, unfortunately, I didn't find. It smells like something which would be used to strip paint instead of being paint for face, the pungent smell makes me feel sick every day! In general, this foundation is too orange for me - seeing as I'd rather not look like a tangerine and pay £25.00 in the process, I've had to mix it with the lightest of light foundations to make myself presentable. No, I won't be buying again, no, I won't be buying another mac foundation again, despite loving many of their other products, and no, this is not for those who wish to be knocked unconscious with a whiff

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dgruber11

I have avoided Mac foundations here and there because I think it's to much for my sensitive/acne prone skin but this particular foundation is surprisingly great for me! Way better than Fix Fluid..(for me) this foundation is long wearing (don't judge..we've all done this) but one night I didn't wash my face from a night out and I woke up and my makeup was still flawless! I was shocked even when I removed my makeup with wipes, the makeup was still on the wipes as though it was just applied. Crazy! But I have only have one problem and I hope I'm not the only one.... about half an hour after applying it my foundation it turns into pink/orange undertone. I'm not sure if it's maybe I have wrong color? Anyways, this foundation is great and great price! Will continue to keep using :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 More reviews by oliveyou21

All I can really say is after my long search for the perfect foundation, this is my HG foundation. I've been using it for years. NC 25, (sometimes NC 30 when I get a little sun in) truly matches my fair, yellow-undertoned skin. It was recently reformulated and it no longer has SPF, but that's not an issue for me. I recently visited some family in a very humid climate and while Pro Longwear wasn't cemented onto my skin, it definitely did not slide off! It definitely has staying power on my mostly oily skin. I usually apply it with fingers, but a damp beauty blender gives good application for this foundation as well. If MAC EVER discontinues this I will be a sad sad girl.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by DanielleKassing

I wanted to love this so badly. And I do love it for everything that it is. To start, the packaging is great, it has a pump so it's easy and sanitary. NW20 was a good color for me at the time. I personally loved the formula. Yes it dried extremely quickly, and if you're not use to a long wearing foundation it does take some time to get use to a proper application. But once you get that down then it's good. It definitely can attach to dry patches, but moisturizer and primer help with this. It's normal for a long wearing foundation to do that. The coverage is amazing. Truly. I have problem skin, scars, redness, dry, AND oily skin. The foundation alone is perfect coverage for me, but I had to use a powder for the oiliness in my skin. Once I set it, it literally lasted me all day. My true test is always when I wear it to work. I can wear a foundation all day on a weekend and it last, and then wear it to work and it is gone in 2hrs. This did not do that. When I went home at night I felt it looked just as good as when I applied it. And that's rare for me. Not even EL Doublewear does that for me. Removing can be difficult, but use makeup wipes and it's easy. BUT, the issues I had with it on MY skin... It itched like CRAZY!! Omg I thought I was going to peel my skin off lol. I tried this for about 4wks and everyday was miserable. Idk if it was an allergy, or if it's because it's so "tight" on the face. But it was bad. I don't have allergies to any other MAC or any other makeup in general. I continued to wear it because I loved the way it looked and worked so much. By about the 3rd week my face broke out horribly. And I have problems skin so I am use to breakouts, but not like this. It was all over and in areas I never have broken out before. I even broke out in the undereye area which I've never had happen, ever. I continued use in hopes that it would go away and my skin would calm down. But by the end of the 4th week my skin was so itchy and so horribly broken out, I had to stop use. Within a week of going back to Doublewear, my skin had cleared up. So I knew it was the makeup. I was so sad to have to return this. The price is amazing compared to other highend products. And obviously I loved the foundation itself. I really hope that it works for others and you don't go through what I did. Because it really is a great product for what it's meant to do. And it really does do what it claims. So good luck with it, I really wanted this to work :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have been using this product daily for nearly a year. I have combination skin (very dry skin and an oily t-zone) and this foundation stays on nearly all day though sometimes I need to touch up with a blotting powder. It does not last quite the promised 15 hours on me, it usually lasts about 10. This product has excellent coverage and I use the matching concealer to hide any particularly dark spots.This product does not break me out, though the majority of my acne is hormonal. I have tried other high end brands (Chanel, Laura Mercier, Lancome, Bobbi Brown) but none can match this foundation in quality or price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying the prolong wear concealer and loving it, I decided to give this one a go, and I was not disappointed. Since it's summer, and really hot and humid in Hong Kong, I thought that I really needed something that will last all day. This claims to last 15 hours, and it really does. I went cycling on a scorching hot day, sweat literally dripped down my face for hours, I was afraid to go check in the mirror, but when I finally did, I was so pleasantly surprised. My makeup was exactly the way it was, before the cycling. I highly recommend this if you're looking for something longwearing. However, if you have dry patches, I wouldn't recommend it, I had dried patches on my noes for a couple days, and it clinged to them. Also, you have to work quite quickly with this foundation, or else it will set, and will not budge. I am in the shade NC25, it's a tad too dark, but it will be ok for summer I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jelainexo

I've repurchased this foundation over, &' over again. Though, i've never used this product alone, it's still one of my favorite liquid foundations. My shades are NC25 | NC30. If you have tried this, you'll know what i mean by it's a bit thick :| &' doesn't give me that " Glow " that i like >;P During colder season's my skin tends to get dry, and the foundation will definitely accentuate your dry spots. So prepping your face before hand is crucial. To help solve that issue, i like to mix it with foundations that give a dewy finish. This way, warm weather or not you'll still have that " Glow ". I've mixed this with Make Up Forever HD Foundation [120|127] , Maybelline Fit Me [210] , &' Marc Jacob's Genius Gel [42] Foundation. I have redness on my cheeks and have hormonal acne here and there. I don't use any concealer aside from hiding my under eye circles so, i mainly rely on my foundation to correct my imperfections. The coverage is great, I lean towards having more of a flawless complexion than a natural look. The longevity is good as well. I can apply this in the morning, and come home usually around midnight and my foundation still looks great. I don't have the time or patience to blot, or touch up my face, so it's important that my foundation holds up throughout the day, &' that it doesn't slip and slide or make me look like i've sprayed Pam's baking spray all over my face :| The price, well its a bit more than your usual drugstore foundation yet, less than some of the high end foundations. Just right in the middle, which isn't bad since it takes me a while to get through a bottle since i do mix my foundations. Thumbs up with packaging, mainly because i like foundations that come with a pump. Makes everything just easier and less messy! With that being said, i'll probably continue to repurchase this until i find another routine that i like. For now, I'm a satisfied happy customer ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my skin has a yellow undertone to it, and this is the only foundation that has ever given me the perfect shade. i use nw 45 and it always looks pretty. one problem, it transfers like crazy, regardless if you use a setting spray and powder