MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! I just happen to also be a new employee to the MAC family as well! First off I have very oily skin, especially in my T Zone area! For a while I was afraid to try MAC foundations because my skin is also super sensitive and takes a couple of weeks to get adjusted to a new foundation. Before switching to this foundation , I was currently using the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 50 Beige! Loved this foundation but the color was a tad light! I like matte foundations, so I decided to give this foundation A try and it is absolutely beautiful and the color looks gorgeous on my skin! I wear the shade NW43! It is just a bit heavy, but you have to prep your skin well and since the foundation is so pigmented , it does a great job on covering any pigmentation issues! Very beautiful coverage. I already have clear skin but this foundation when applied turns me into super model overnight ! Love love love this !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is without a doubt my ultimate holy grail foundation i was very stubborn about purchasing because of the price but i did tons of research and read tons of reviews. I finally went and got my skin matched by a super lovely artist who also suggested the mineralize skinfinish in light to set. I still waited at least another two weeks and i eventually caved but i must say it was the best 40 euro i have ever spent i've very oily skin and this foundation does slide because of it. It is a very heavy full coverage foundation but i apply it very lightly and it's a dream it can be worn throughout the day without looking cakey or heavy as a result. I do find it can cause my skin to break out at times but with the right skin care routine this foundation will always be my go to. The cons about this foundation is it can look very pale and white (nc15 does anyway) it also have a very strong and harsh flashback due to spf but other than that its still amazing.

...voted this ''no'' just because I think this bottle is heading to years and years of use, since it has been in my bag amongst other 5 foundations as my staple for years...
in short- a good,full coverage extreemely heavy type of foundation, but nevertheless- a very good and solid one...
the price is really great, it is so pigmented and really and I MEAN REALLY LONGWEARING !!
the only problem is that is does settle rather slow and can give a cakey look if not properly blended(beauty blender is the best tool)...and a little goes a long way...it stays put for hours, very solid when it comes to humid conditions, yet not so great in heat...
ideal for weddings and nights (not days unfortunately, for me that is) when you want your face not to move an inch and still looks perfectly done....

a good, quality foundation BUT not my HG nor even a favourite one:))

This foundation literally makes me weep.
After struggling with acne and an oily t-zone and having high expectations for high-end foundations I thought I had met my match from heaven when I bought this foundation.
The NC15 shade is a perfect match to my skin, and it remains to this day the only foundation that will last a full day on my skin without touch-ups or any oil coming through on my nose. Coverage is a good medium, and it sits like a dream on my face. The only concern would be that it sets very quickly so needs blended in very quickly.
However, after using this foundation for a few days, I noticed that it would break me out in large, angry, red spots under the skin. I have a good cleansing routine and attributed it to stress and didn't wear foundation for a few days, but now if I wear this foundation for more than a day my skin is horrible and spotty. So now I unfortunately only wear it for a night out or other special occasion, as I love it so much, but my skin cannot tolerate it.
I would highle recommend this skin if your skin can handle it, but if it is prone to sensitivity then not so much.

I loooove this foundation. it's great. finally I've found a foundation that is worth it's money. it's $49 AUS $ but it's so worth it. this makeup is long lasting coverage and doesn't make your face look like a cake. defiantly my go to foundation 😎

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

pros: this foundation is buildable coverage, long wearing, and doesn't leave my face oily at the end of the day. The packaging is good and the pump doesn't dispense too much like the pro longwear concealer does. I use 2/3 pumps to cover my face. I don't use this foundation on my neck, I use a max factor one similar to the NW15 shade so that I'm not wasting any expensive Mac product seeing as my neck doesn't need as much coverage as my face. I'm prone to breakouts and found this foundation hasn't made me break out any more than usual.

Cons: I have peach fuzz on my face and sometimes feel as though the foundation makes it look more noticeable. Sometimes this foundation can set in creases in my face such as laugh lines etc if I don't blend it in properly. At the moment I'm using the real techniques stippling brush to apply it.

Overall i really love this foundation and I use it whenever I'm going out.

I have mixed emotions about this foundation.

The things I love

-Causes breakouts
-Settles in creases
-Looks gross after 5 hours
-Expensive

If you're looking for a long lasting foundation Revlon Colorstay works great. They have 2 formulas 1 is for normal/dry skin and one is for combo/oily skin, the shade range is nice and the Finnish is natural it lasts all day even in humidity and it costs anywhere from $11.99-$14.99 that's less than 1/2 the cost of the Mac stuff

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this was my first mac foundation and its coverage is good but its so sticky and cracks easily. it doesnt work around my nose, its patchy even when i use primer or cream.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal skin..I sweat in the summer around my nose a lot, and have dry patches on the cheeks in the winter. For some reason I have an issue with my skin just eating up any makeup that's on it. A lot of the time my foundation and blush will be completely gone by lunchtime. Not sliding off, not cracking, but just gone. I wanted to try this so I could maintain a freshly applied makeup look, because sometimes I'll have very long days and I don't like bringing makeup with me to touch up. My face is nc25-35 depending on the time of year. I prefer to wear NC30 or NC35 because my body tends to be darker than my face and it looks more natural, less masky to go with the darker shade in my case. This foundation is very yellow when you swatch it, even on my very yellow asian skin. However, after blending it out, it looks quite natural. I use this with a 187 brush. It is so comfortable and smooth on my skin. I'll have to wait until the winter to try it out on drier skin. When you first apply it it's a little sticky, but very lightweight. I'm glad I purchased this. Studio fix gave me the look I liked, but made me a little itchy and just felt heavy in general.

I have had this product for at least 6 months now and I am a huge fan. I got colour matched by one of the artists in the store and decided to give it a go. Now I am stereotypical redhead with pale skin and freckles, add in to the mix dry & oily skin and occasional bouts of eczema round the eyes and nose and foundation has never been my friend.

This product is the perfect colour for me, you don't need much at all (I use 1 or 2 pumps for everyday and maybe more if I have a special occasion), it applies really well - I have a cheap ELF foundation brush that works actually quite well with this though I believe it is the product rather than the brush in this case!

My only con is that it get oily after a good few hours usually if I have been running around or has been hot so I use a yellow MAC CC loose powder on top and it is then perfect!

Definitely will buy it again and again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials