Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.2

on 4/4/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cheap, affordable brow gel that gets the job done. It holds my brows in place better than Maybelline Great Lash Clear, and it is a better price. My only gripe against it is the packaging: the plastic cap cracked and broke within a few weeks of using it. But that's something I can forgive, since its price tag is so small. Will repurchase.

on 4/2/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

really good and cheap product. it keeps my brows in place and i use it as a cheap alternative to Anastasia lash topcoat. doesn't uncurl my lashes but it does for some people

on 2/19/2014 7:08:00 PM

A very inexpensive product that is great for taming unruly hairs such as brows and baby hairs without leaving any crustiness or colour. It is however useless on the lashes as it weighs it down and actually uncurls any curlings on the lashes. Do not purchase it for use as a clear mascara, you will be disappointed.
The mascara brush is great for brushing through hairs. Will recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok - so I read reviews elsewhere about this product and decided to buy it. Yeah it's cheap but still it's $4CAD (tax and stuff). If it sucks for $4?? I could have bought a nice, handcrafted latte!

Lots of people were having issues about this leaving way too much residue, and it seems to be the new formula.

Nonetheless I thought I'd try it... and YEAH it leaves a LOOOTTT of residue when you take the brush straight from the tube. In fact it's gunky and super sticky. People suggested dabbing it on napkins (but napkins will just leave white napkin bits on this sticky brush!!!!) Also I didn't know you can use this on eyelashes, but I'll def give that a try! BUT FOR BROWS with THIS much residue!? Gross!!!! I couldn't get it to work...

I will update this review when I try this on my lashes!

on 12/30/2013 10:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i bought it many times and i use it on a daily basis. it's very good because it's cheap, not sticky, and it doesn't leave any residue. it contains lots of product, but the formula contains parabens, unfortunately.

on 11/14/2013 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does help my brows stay in place for a while, however my brow hairs are so thick that I don't think anything could tame them sometimes. I would repurchase this product though as it's so cheap and I'm pretty sure all the expensive brands would do exactly the same job as this.

on 11/3/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have repurchased this many times, LOVE this product, AMAZING price, only a few bucks and works beautifully, cant get better than this

on 11/3/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Best drugstore gel! I often get questions on how my eyebrows hair stays in place because people can never detect the gel. I also have extremely sensitive skin and this did not irritate me at all. I only think the packaging/lid is ugly.

on 10/25/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best and the cheapest brow gel ever! Why I only give 4 stars is because the time it takes for the product to dry is too long. I guess that's my only complaint. Would definitely recommend this, though!

on 10/22/2013 12:22:00 AM

Very cheap and does the job! I have thick brows but this makes my brow look groomed and thin. Love this product. Will keep buying this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials