August 30, 2014 | 1789 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. III

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jelly1211

Absolutly beautiful packaging, however, its really annoying to store. I'd have my makeup case and this box. Its too big for travel.
As for the colours-- all amazing shades, cept for Uzi(glittery white). You wouldnt want to put that on your brow bone. Its only good for the lid area. Also, the eyeliner in Ransom does not offer the exact purple colour unless you go over it several times.

Not gonna buy this again cuz by the time I'm done, theyll probably have Vol. 4

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i Love... Love it!!!
The packaging is the winner than any other product! Fabulous!!! And the color of the e/s is nice. it's easy to combine each other. And i like the bonus! UDPP travel size-24/7 glides on Zero & Ransom! Yay...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is to gorgeous, by far one of the best palette's from Urban Decay. They eyeshadows work amazing you can create multiple looks from it from a casual day look to a club night look. I use this palette frequently which is rare because i own lots of eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value 16 shadows, 2 pencils and a primer potion for $56. Great colors. Not a fan of Uzi which is a white shade with tons of glitter. Snatch, Maui Wowie and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again also have a ton of glitter that goes onto your face. The trick to using those shades is using extra primer potion and using your finger and not a brush the it will stick more to your lids. Overall, I would repurchase....wish I could get my hands on Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows II.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Book of Shadows III is a great set of peacock colors, supported by pretty neutrals that can help tone down the brights. I was afraid of Radium but it looks quite pretty with Suspect. My favorites are Haight, Psychedelic Sister, Money and Bordello. They are all packed with pigment. I have been collecting Urban Decay for only a year but I already have doubles, sometimes triples of colors.(Smog, Last Call, Maui Wowie). This does not really bother me as long as Urban Decay offers more new or exclusive shadows.

I do not much care for the packaging, but I bought it for the colors inside. The illustrations in the pop up are not my style and the added bulk of the lighting is a little bit annoying. I do like the pink and black theme though, and the new font of the Urban Decay Logo on the side. Also, on a personal level I have been to New York, not New York City, and I get annoyed when people asked if I did sight seeing in New York City, as if that is all there is in New York. So maybe that is why the whole I love NYC thing doesn't interest me. Anyway, since the packaging bothered me so much I decided to cover the top of it with some thick scrap book paper and double sided tape. I try to make the best of my make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Calusa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this palette when it came out after seeing swatches online. At the time I only had the naked palette so there was only one duplicate (smog, which is a great color). I felt like this was a good value since I enjoy doing colorful looks sometimes. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but I don't find it too bulky to use. I like the pencils, particularly ransom which is a beautiful purple. I also like the little primer potion for traveling. The one thing I don't like about this product...the glitterbombs. Four of the shades in this palettes are super glittery. I actually like glitter, but a few of these are just a pain to apply without it getting everywhere. Uzi and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again are the worst followed by Maui Wowie and Snatch. Snatch is a beautiful color to me though and I still use that color frequently. The other colors in the palette go on smoothly and blend well. If you are a fan of urban decay shadows and don't have too many duplicates in other palettes already I would certainly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hannahxxbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette, I got it in September right before homecoming and I made the mOst amazing look for myself and I did my friends makeup! My favorite shadows are perversion, smog which I have in the ammo palette but it's down to it's last life, suspect, mauwi wowie, and rockstar! I, personally, sort of wish I bought the naked palette instead because I hadn't touched the two blues that came with the palette or the greens and rarely the purples! But I do really love this palette

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

When this palette first came out, I didn't want to get it. I started to play with the colors more and more and realized how unique the colors were. I decided to buy this because I knew I could do a lot with this palette. There are so many looks you can create! The quality of the eyeshadow is amazing. There are some fallout issues with the colors but I find that tapping off the excess before applying the eyeshadow, patting the shadow on and holding a tissue under my eye while applying help minimize it. I also wipe with make up remover wipes. When using this palette I advise putting on your eyeshadow before your face makeup.

My favorite shades in this palette are rockstar (love the eyeliner as well), loaded (a very unique color), radium, haight, last call, maui wowie, bordello and psychedelic sister. my least favorite shades are uzi and midnight cowboy rides again. midnight cowboy rides again is definitely a gorgeous shade but it very glittery and too light on my skintone to really use as anything but a highlight shade. I really love kush and snatch too! Perversion makes a great eyeliner shade because it is a totally matte black. There is a lot you can do with this palette. I love all of the purples and pinks in it. This is a perfect palette for ladies with hazel eyes. My eyes are brownish green and I find that the purples and pinks in here really bring out the green in my eyes.

I love this palette...I would definitely buy it again. The gorgeous pop up is definitely a plus. I love the fact that the drawer pops out too. The youtube videos for this palette are also super helpful. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Kikilynn09

So, I got this BOS as a present for Christmas from my sister... And I love it!! I have now completed my collection thus far of BOS. I am so please with this and EVERY BOS from Urban. Not only are they incredibly afforable, but they have an amazing selection of brights, neutrals and darks. Plus, If you were to purchase these items individually it would run you around $300, so you're definitely saving money. I've been reading that some people are complaining about the packaging and honestly, I think its a little pointless. Its called Book of Shadows... How small do you expect it to be? And some people are calling it gimic-y, but I think its fun! MAC does their themed limited edition products, isn't that a little gimic-y. The BOS' are fun and different. I, for one, don't mind the packaging or the designs. And I've also been reading that people are complaining about the glitter fall out and honestly, that's quite shocking that people don't already know that. How can you purchase something from Urban and not know anything about the brand? Urban is known for their glitter, but honestly if you use a little and use the primer, the colors are pretty and the fall out isn't that bad. I love all the colors in this palette and I'll use them all. They are all blendable and creamy. My favorites are... Maui Wowie (which I beleive you can never have too much of this color, its in two of the palettes... plus I have the individual. Its an amazing color, especially if you have blue eyes and fair skin.) Bordello, Money, Smog and Psychedelic Sister. The only complaint I have is the Midnight Cowboy is not my favorite color and I do get frusturated that its in EVERY single BOS. And Perversion is a good color as well, just a simple, creamy black. But, I do not feel the need for it to be in EVERY single BOS as well. Bottom line: Purchase it... You will not regret it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I love most of the shadows in this palette, I have to be careful when I use it - some of the shades have surprise glitter! Everyone knows to watch out for Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Uzi, or Maui Wowie, but I'm looking at you, Snatch! At first glance, it seems like a pretty, work-safe peach, but once I get under the fluorescent bulbs at work, I've got glitter all over my cheekbones!

But that's not a big problem, since I eventually learned my lesson. Book of Shadows III is full of bold, exclusive colors that are sure to please Urban Decay fans. The look possibilities are endless! I love Bordello and Loaded most, but nearly every shade is a hit for me.

I am a fan of the 24/7 liner formula, but I already have 2 other mini Zeros, so I don't need this one. I do like the purple shade, though. Of course, UD Primer Potion is something you can never have too much of! What a great primer!

The packaging is a bit silly. It's whimsical for sure, but I don't ever open the top...good thing it lights up.