April 23, 2014 | 1401 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this lipstick. I love a deep maroon, 90's-grunge-esque lip color (reminiscent of Liv Tyler's lip in Empire Records), and this lip color is just the ticket. It's the perfect "oxblood" color.
It is super drying, especially on my sensitive lips, but I find I can circumvent that by applying a thin layer of balm underneath. This obviously affects staying power, but not by such a huge margin that I'm bothered. It's not as drying as the MAC matte lip colors.
The packaging does kind of suck. There's not a lipstick in the WnW brand that retracts all the way, which can lead to damaging the lipstick when recapping. It's also sort of flimsy. The best thing to do would be repot it and use a lip brush to apply. For me, I prefer the convenience of a tube, so I'll take my chances, but for those who are less on-the-go, a repotting is almost certainly in order.
The price is, of course, amazing. I mean c'mon - it's $2. It has the same staying power and pigmentation as higher-end brands at barely a fraction of the cost. I almost want to go back to Rite Aid and buy every tube just so I can have it on hand. Ya know, just in case.
Also, layering this over my newly-acquired Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain in Cinnamon helps to minimize the appearance of fading and intensifies the color so you get that super-deep, blackened maroon look. Really stunning!

EDIT: I cannot get past how drying this lipstick is. I haven't worn it in months because of the feel on the lips. Shame, because it's a beautiful color. But if I can't even wear it, what's the point? Sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oxblood lips are very "in" right now, and this is the perfect way to try the trend without breaking the bank. I am quite pale, so even though I love bold lips, I had my reservations about trying something so dark. I can get away with wearing Cherry Bomb patted on, layering up to something that's almost what shows in the tube for daytime. It works full-strength for nighttime or whenever you want a more edgy look, but I would HIGHLY recommend using a lip brush to get a clean line. All Mega Last lipsticks wear really well on me, and this one is no exception. Some people do find them drying, but I do not. I typically wear a light layer of lip balm under most of my lipsticks anyway, and since this has a semi-matte finish I think it is better to use a balm. My biggest qualm with this product is that the package is atrocious. It looks nice, but these lipsticks have a habit of coming open on their own in your purse or makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by talfarone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mac Darkside DUPE!!!! only i think i may like the texture of the WW bettter! i am in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this color. It's perfect for the fall and winter months. It's vampy, but still a normal color for every day use. It does last for a while, which is nice. However, if you choose to put a lip balm/gloss on top of it, it might cause the lasting power of the lipstick to shorten.
As with all Wet 'n' Wild products, this is priced well. The packaging is also nice and slim, so it is easy to carry around for touch ups.

Edit: I've realized it helps to wear a lip balm under this so it doesn't tug when applying or feel dry on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by celestdelune32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im obsessed with dark colors and i decided to try this one out.I really love how opaque the color is but yet nonsticky. color is very dark but not what im looking for. Im sticking to my revlon lipstick in black cherry but I liked this lipstick too just not my favorite red.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

The drugstore was out of the shade I was looking for from my usual go-to brands. I was skeptical about Wet 'n' Wild because of its price and packaging but when I came home I was pleasantly surprised! It's very pigmented, sexy, and stays put for a long time. Looks great blotted too, like a lip stain. I only wish that the tip were a bit more angled so that it's easier to apply near the corners of the mouth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for 918D shade of the WnW Megalast lippies...I adore this shade! This whole line of lippies is quickly becoming my favorite line of matte, stay put lipsticks. Who would have thought, they'd be so affordable! I own many of these shades and I ain't stopping till I get them all!! This is a creamy, bordeaux, deep wine shade that goes on opaque and delicious! Love it and will definitely repurchase!! Way to go, WNW!

xoxoxo