Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

4.5

on 2/26/2014 1:03:00 AM

This lipstick is one of the best deep wine colors I've ever come across. I would rather reach for this than a Chanel lipstick. What an amazing texture and the staying power is crazy. If you're one to not reapply your lipstick or powder your nose during the day, this will be a staple. If I could give this product (and entire color line) another lippie, I would! Don't wait another minute to try it out. For the price of a tall latte, you could have luscious lips.

on 2/18/2014 4:27:00 PM

What a find! I've gone into Walgreens looking for Vamp It Up several times, but no luck. I decided to try Cherry Bomb because it was the next darkest shade, and I'm so glad I gave it a shot!
Cherry Bomb is a lovely opaque matte lipstick. It isn't as dark on me when I wear it alone, so I usually layer it on top of NYX's Plum liner. The formula is a bit drying, so I do have to wipe it off and reapply when it begins to look a little worn out during the day. It holds up well and looks great for a lower-end product. My only complaint is that the lipstick itself doesn't retract into the tube completely, so it does end up squishing into the tube if I'm not careful.
Overall, great product. I'm looking forward to trying the other shades.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this lipstick! Bold lips are really my thing and this lipstick is as good if not better than its high-end counterparts. I usually pair this with either MAC Current, or Jordana Deep Plum lip liner and it stays ALL day with little movement. It does transfer if I drink...but it does not bleed at all. I love this lippie and I will repurchase if I ever run out. As far as packaging...it is cheap...a lot of my WnW lippie containers are broken and I have to be careful when opening...but for the price, and the quality of product inside I will deal with this issue. I may purchase a lip palette container and just depot all of my WnW lippies...the packaging is really REALLY awful...but again, the quality of lipstick is worth its weight in gold. I have many of the deeper colors from this line and I find myself reaching for them more often than many of my more expensive lipsticks.

on 1/16/2014 11:23:00 PM

Favorite lipstick ever. It's so cheap and it is literally the perfect color for my complexion. If I want to look more natural I can just dab on a little or go for the full drama of dark red lips. This stuff is the best. I think it works well for me because I have pink undertones, and the rosy quality of it looks really nice.

Love the Mega Last lipstick but Cherry Bomb is simply way too dark for me. Even if I try to diffuse it with a lighter shade,it's still overpowering. I gave it a 5 tube rating for the formula.

on 12/25/2013 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is truly an amazing lipstick color and I love wearing it! Such a deep, rich, wine color that just looks so sophisticated and amazing with my complexion. I have women stop and ask me what lipstick I'm wearing all the time when I wear this! They are so surprised it is a Wet 'n' Wild one. Usually I apply a good lip balm underneath and then put this on top. It stays put and lasts the whole day even when eating and drinking! I have never really experienced any feathering with this lipstick at all either. Truly a holy grail and great addition to any lipstick collection and for the price (I got mine for just a buck!) who wouldn't buy it?!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Rich cherry wine color that lasts forever - even through eating and drinking. True to color. cheap. Takes a little lip smushing to get perfectly even. I found this one to hold up better than the other wetnwild megalasts I have - no creasing. Does stain tho...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Gorgeous deep wine shade. It's perfect for fall. Opaque coverage, but you will want to use a lip liner first.

I stumbled upon this product review and was surprised to find that such an inexpensive lipstick was getting such awesome reviews. I've been wanting to purchase a couple of higher-end lipsticks that are in the same color range, but I figured that I'd give this a try first.

I'm really pleasantly surprised. The color is gorgeous, first of all, and perfect for the fall makeup trends we're seeing now. It's really difficult to beat the $2.99 price tag, too.

Naturally, since this is such a bold color, it is a little more high-maintenance, but I don't mind. Here's a few things that worked for me:

-lip liner. I pair this with Rimmel 1000 Kisses 07 Cherry Kiss.
-applying with a lip brush
-I still get a bit of feathering, so I applied concealer just around the edges of the lipstick to help it stay in place.

The formula is a bit dryer, since it's part of the Mega Last line and is intended to stay on for awhile. My lips tend to be dry, so I dotted on a little bit of lip balm before applying. The staying power still seems to be pretty good for me.

As everyone else is mentioning, the packaging isn't great since you risk nicking the lipstick when capping it, and it seems like it twists up sort of haphazardly on mine. But other than that, I think it's a really great drugstore find, and I'm excited that I found it.

on 10/13/2013 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I think for an inexpensive product like this it's really great. This color is a dupe for many high end lipsticks out there and i think it's just as great as them. The quality is great and it does last for a while.

Popular Lipsticks