August 1, 2014 | 1288 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

I love WNW lippies anyway..who cares if they dry out etc...there no more than $2 ...come on they are good for the price ..but I don't have any problem with them. I love this color nice dark color great for winter, fall...whenever you want to wear it. This is color I think for everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent lipstick. It's a classic matte color and finish. You can't beat the price either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is amazing, fantastic pigmentation, decent longevity and super cheap! I'm constantly wearing this, it's a very deep oxblood colour with an almost matte finish, do recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Let me just start off saying, I buy alot of dark lippies because I love the idea of a vampy lip, but have almost never worn it out of the house, because I scared! : )

However, I picked this up on a whim, and boy am I glad I did! It looks so gorgeous and wearable on me : ) my eyes POP! and I was so impressed with how long and how evenly it wore for the rest of the afternoon. Without layering and blotting with powder! so quite an amazing quality right there.

Plus it brightened up my skin and eyes, instead of looking like a wampire just bit me or something weird. I uploaded a pic because I think the first pic of the red lips is too vampy. This is really a deep rich berry plum mixture. Not a blood red at all. Very cool toned. Looked great paired with NARS Outlaw blush. Don't waste money buying other dark lippies because once you get this one, you won't want to wear any other.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nanihoney23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is gorgeous, it can be a dupe for Mac's Diva.. I love the color payoff and its like a dark red with a plumish feel to it. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this lipstick. I love a deep maroon, 90's-grunge-esque lip color (reminiscent of Liv Tyler's lip in Empire Records), and this lip color is just the ticket. It's the perfect "oxblood" color.
It is super drying, especially on my sensitive lips, but I find I can circumvent that by applying a thin layer of balm underneath. This obviously affects staying power, but not by such a huge margin that I'm bothered. It's not as drying as the MAC matte lip colors.
The packaging does kind of suck. There's not a lipstick in the WnW brand that retracts all the way, which can lead to damaging the lipstick when recapping. It's also sort of flimsy. The best thing to do would be repot it and use a lip brush to apply. For me, I prefer the convenience of a tube, so I'll take my chances, but for those who are less on-the-go, a repotting is almost certainly in order.
The price is, of course, amazing. I mean c'mon - it's $2. It has the same staying power and pigmentation as higher-end brands at barely a fraction of the cost. I almost want to go back to Rite Aid and buy every tube just so I can have it on hand. Ya know, just in case.
Also, layering this over my newly-acquired Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain in Cinnamon helps to minimize the appearance of fading and intensifies the color so you get that super-deep, blackened maroon look. Really stunning!

EDIT: I cannot get past how drying this lipstick is. I haven't worn it in months because of the feel on the lips. Shame, because it's a beautiful color. But if I can't even wear it, what's the point? Sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oxblood lips are very "in" right now, and this is the perfect way to try the trend without breaking the bank. I am quite pale, so even though I love bold lips, I had my reservations about trying something so dark. I can get away with wearing Cherry Bomb patted on, layering up to something that's almost what shows in the tube for daytime. It works full-strength for nighttime or whenever you want a more edgy look, but I would HIGHLY recommend using a lip brush to get a clean line. All Mega Last lipsticks wear really well on me, and this one is no exception. Some people do find them drying, but I do not. I typically wear a light layer of lip balm under most of my lipsticks anyway, and since this has a semi-matte finish I think it is better to use a balm. My biggest qualm with this product is that the package is atrocious. It looks nice, but these lipsticks have a habit of coming open on their own in your purse or makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by talfarone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mac Darkside DUPE!!!! only i think i may like the texture of the WW bettter! i am in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this color. It's perfect for the fall and winter months. It's vampy, but still a normal color for every day use. It does last for a while, which is nice. However, if you choose to put a lip balm/gloss on top of it, it might cause the lasting power of the lipstick to shorten.
As with all Wet 'n' Wild products, this is priced well. The packaging is also nice and slim, so it is easy to carry around for touch ups.

Edit: I've realized it helps to wear a lip balm under this so it doesn't tug when applying or feel dry on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by celestdelune32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im obsessed with dark colors and i decided to try this one out.I really love how opaque the color is but yet nonsticky. color is very dark but not what im looking for. Im sticking to my revlon lipstick in black cherry but I liked this lipstick too just not my favorite red.