October 22, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by loveyounickj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think for an inexpensive product like this it's really great. This color is a dupe for many high end lipsticks out there and i think it's just as great as them. The quality is great and it does last for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer I highly recommend this instead of Revlon Black Cherry. It's very high quality and yet, so inexpensive. Great product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Ok, this shade beats out my Revlon "black cherry" which is the exact colored shade. It applies more evenly than my Revlon and wears much longer plus you can't beat the $2.99 price tag versus $8 for Revlon. Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I like this stuff, but it is what it is. I mean, it costs $2, so for the price it's pretty awesome. It has definitely made me want to go out and try more MegaLast lipsticks, but my Walgreens is always out of them. Anyway, this shows up as a pretty dark purpley-red on my fair skin. it's really pretty and a little grungy/goth, which is what i was looking for. I love the color. The formula is fine, a little dry, but fine, as long as you wear a balm underneath. I only get about 2 hours of wear out of this which is slightly annoying. With other colors it might not be so bad/noticeable, but with this it starts to get pretty patchy and fade around the inside of your lips, which looks pretty terrible because it's so dark. I have definitely noticed transfer when eating/drinking although it holds up better than expected. Overall, it's a really pretty color and a good deal, but you kinda get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by zen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG, i can't believe how great this lipstick is. I have a hard time keeping lipsticks on my lips and eyeliners on my waterline. Matte lipsticks stick to my lips better, but are kind of drying . This has the perfect amount of matte and creme. I dont like shimmery lipsticks or glosses because they looks a bit ghetto.

I usually don't like see through plastic packaging because it looks kind of cheap, but they're good for looking at the shade being purchased. These lipsticks are true to the lipstick shade inside, and very close to the shade on the sticker on the bottom of the lipstick. Not true to the swatches provided on wet n wild's website.

I think reapplication after eating is enough or every 3 or so hours. This lipstick runs/feathers a lot after eating, of course. It runs less for me than Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, but more than Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks. But the semi matte looks better than the Maybelline lipsticks (on me, and my preference) and the shades are excellent for my yellow toned skin.

Aftereffects: Depending on the shade, some leave a stain. Revlon's Superlustrous does not. Maybelline's Color Sensational also does, depending on shade.

I have gotten 3 so far on sale, and plan on getting more when the shades I want are available. =) I recommend this and will repurchase. =)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colour is much lighter than I thought it would be. I don't like the consistency, it's like trying to make use of a dried out glue stick, which makes it impossible to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome burgundy matte color! But you don't have to keep it matte, apply a gloss or even chapstick over it for a more traditional l/s look. I apply it lightly, so it looks like my lips but better or I can apply it deeply for a more vampy look. I am past the vampy look age so I will stick with ylbb. I would repurchase again and again! The photo pictured above looks absolutely nothing like how it looks in person.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't speak highly enough about this shade. Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks are the best kept secret in cosmetics. I got mine for $2 at walgreens and the shade is so gloriously pigmented, a perfect dark, dark plummy red that stays on for hours with a touch up or two. The packaging on these lipsticks is a little irritating (you can't roll the bullet all the way down so you have to take special care not to smear it all over the plastic cap), but at this price and quality, the packaging should be your last concern. This stuff is my absolute HG oxblood lipstick, and I'm in the process of searching everywhere for coral-ine and stoplight red!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ectoplasmicgoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is perfection! It's a highly pigmented deep red color, it stays on for hours, it doesn't dry my lips out (even though it's matte), and it's inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Best name for a lipstick EVER! I wanted a 90s grunge lipstick and was originally going to purchase Revlon's Blackberry (also has great reviews but I couldn't find it anywhere); then I thought I'd try Revlon's Black Cherry (also highly recommended but always sold out and it seemed too purple-toned for me). While googling "Frances Cobain Lipstick" for more ideas, I accidentally came across Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb (which is apparently a dupe for MAC's Diva, which Cobain wears). I was sold! I had to visit 3 drugstore just to find this shade but it's so worth it. I would describe it as an opaque bloody-wine color - halfway between goth and grunge - without the rust/brown/raisin tones of genuine 90s lipsticks. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. The heavier you apply it the more plummy wine it appears, but I prefer just one thorough coat. It really does last a long time and doesn't look sloppy after eating/drinking. I absolutely love that it doesn't have a smell like so many cheap lipsticks do. The only downfall really is the shape of the bullet (round), but at only $2.99 I can deal with it.

If you're super pale with blue eyes like me, I demand that you go out and buy this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No