December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS EVIL. PURE EVIL, I TELL YOU.

I've been struggling recently with my dehydrated and oily skin, so I revived this product from the moisturizer graveyard under my sink and decided to give it another whirl. The first time I used it about a year or so ago, I felt that it didn't moisturize as heavily as I needed. I didn't remember it breaking me out. However, this time it did just that.

I got about 5 new pimples in three days. Gross. Luckily mine are smaller and thankfully none are cystic pimples, but seriously?! I was thinking my hormones were just continuing to act up because the breakouts have been pretty much concentrated on my chin, but when I realized I had two zits next to my nose (where I never ever get pimples), I realized it was because of this product, which is the only thing that has changed in my routine as of recent.

I CosDNA-d the ingredient list, and denatured alcohol is the third or fourth ingredient in this....ummmm. Not okay. Also the fact that it's in a jar is pretty nasty and unhygienic.

I guess I will be venturing back into Asian skincare to find an HG moisturizer :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Amazing stuff right here! The scent is fresh, and the formula is so light on the skin. It is perfect for my combination skin because it's so fast absorbing it doesn't leave any greasy feeling on the skin at all! My skin feels so soft after using this product, and I like how it can be used for day and night. A little goes a long way, so it really lasts forever. May not be quite moisturizing enough for the winter time though so I usually just double it up with another moisturizer, but during the summer months this is just right! No complaint about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this. I really did. Its light, refreshing, and somewhat affordable. But it broke me out terribly! Big, cystic acne on my chin and sides of my face. It also dried out my face a bit. I know this was the culprit because it was the only thing I changed in my skincare regime when I tried it out. It is also scented, which smells good, but I'm not a fan of scented skincare products.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by EbonyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product lists denatured alcohol as the third ingredient. I did a little research and discovered that this additive is harmful and is not something you want in your skin care products. Tossing it in the trash and washing it off of my face. Will use coconut oil in the meantime until I find a replacement.

I didn't like the heavy perfume smell nor the packaging, I prefer pumps to avoid contamination. This was a rush purchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupfanatic123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is pretty good, I have combo/oily skin that has some dry patches and even more so in the winter. It's very lightweight and cooling, and I love the smell. It does hydrate, but like others said, I use a different moisturizer for when my skin is drier. I did notice, however, that when I used this moisturizer and put my makeup on, I was less shiny in school than I'd usually be. One negative though is that since there's alcohol, whenever I'm having a sensitive skin day it might burn a little when I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

I LOVE this moisturizer, I've been trying many moisturizer and could not find a right one for me. Many of them, some are greasy some are lack of moisturizing. This one is a gel, the color itself looks so refresh, it's smell like a natural sense , not as chemical fragrance. It does not greasy, go super light and fast absorb on your skin. Because it is light, it is a you must need to apply a little more otherwise it will still dry your skin out in the winter. But in the summer it is perfect. The cons is this product contains alcohol in the ingredient list, which I'm not sure if that is really a bad thing to your skin but most moisturizer has it too. I think many gel light-weight moisturizer contains alcohol though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DinaBear1999

Love this product. I have combo skin that is very oily in my t-zone. I never thought I needed Moisturizer. Well I do! I need this one. It actually hydrates my skin and makes it less oily. I don't know how it works but my skin is less oily!! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mbchick235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a HG product for me!! It comes in a small glass jar and the gel-cream is a beautiful translucent light green gel. The smell is very refreshing. I have an oily t zone so I use a facial moisturizer everyday(biore), which dries my face out in the winter. What can I say! This does the trick! It's light enough to be put right ON my acne when the skin around it is all dry and adds more attention. Know what I mean? It's very light and absorbs quickly, given this isn't super super moisturizing(it wouldn't cure dry hands or arms). But for your face it's perfect! Will definitely rebuy when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to have oily skin, but since I've gone on AcneFree, my face has turned into combination, a bit oily, but now red and itchy with dry, peeling patches. It's just as fun as it sounds. I used to use Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer, but it just didn't seem to be accomplishing what it used to for me. I decided on a new moisturizer that would be more focused for combo skin and would do better to clear up redness and dry patches. After only using this for a few hours, I can tell an immediate difference. The dry patches stayed gone after putting this on after exfoliating, which is a plus, and it feels so light and smells so fruity on your face! Kept my skin matte too. Definitely a fantastic investment for the long run :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by violetsky88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product!! I've been using this product for 2-3 years, though I only use it in the summer months because it isn't rich enough for my dry skin during the winter months. It's oil-free and readily absorbs in without leaving a greasy or heavy after feel, which is great in a hot climate where sweating is inevitable (Phoenix, AZ). It leaves my skin feeling smooth, moisturized, and fresh. I apply it after cleansing and applying my vitamin c serum. It has a light pleasant smell that I like (or maybe I'm just addicted!).

What I rave most about this product is that I truly believe that switching to this moisturizer is what ultimately helped to clear my skin from chronic blackheads/clogged pores. It is the only consistent change I made in my skin care routine leading up to smoother, clearer skin. I tried so many different face washes that promised to alleviate blackheads/clogged pores and NOTHING worked until I started using this. I believe it helped clear my skin because it is so light and oil-free.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No