August 27, 2014 | 915 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

I got this in teal and beige (I think the beige is called Blissful Blush or something) I never use the teal b/c it was way darker than I wanted, but the beige is ok. I use it on my bottom lashline with black liner on top when I'm feeling lazy and just want to brighten my eyes a little bit. I also sometimes use it as a cream base for e/s on my bottom lashline.
I like the sharpener on the cap but I wish the cap stayed on better, lol.
I will not repurchase just b/c I figured out that I don't like thin pencil eyeliners (and this one is pretty thin) But overall it's better than expected for $1. You won't have problems with tugging or pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I liked this but it was okay. The glitter kind of got in my eye and irritated my eye. I think this would be good for possibly the upper eye lid but other than that, no. Just, no. I didn't have a very well experience with this unlike some people have. I love ELF, just not their eyeliners.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tayaisaqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have a ton of these in a variety of colors. nice colors however not a ton of shimmer as the name promises and it NEVER stays! i soon as i put it on it starts to come off! i cant wear it to school cuz i look like a wreck when i get home i can only wear it when i have time to recheck myself every hour and really who has the time....i might finish them up or give them away or just throw them out idk

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner has an interesting concept of having the sharpener on the cap, which unfortunately fails since the actual eyeliner is too soft and therefore creates a mess instead.

I got this in the color "Plum Passion", which is a pretty warm medium purple color that looks nice with brown eyes. Unfortunately, it's extremely soft and transfers quite easily. The deal breaker was the fact that it stained my eyes an irritating pink for a few days after I wore it.

I would not buy this again. There are other affordable options for glitter eyeliners, without the irritation and mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Gymnaststar14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in boldly bronze and I love it! I don't use it on the upper lashline but I adore it on the lower lashline! I apply it only on the outer half of my eye and it makes my green eyes pop and appear defined while still looking natural! :-) I would recommend it for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Wind_Dancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These liners aren't bad. They are creamy and go on just fine, and they seem to last all day for me if I use them in conjunction with UDPP. Although sometimes they tend to migrate onto my lid a bit, but whatever.

ONE THING I do have to warn though is that I have this eyeliner in Plum Passion, and it actually STAINED my yellow undertoned Asian skin! I'm medium toned and yeah, after I got home from work and removed my makeup... I have two very distinct liner stains on my lids. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I purchased these eyeliners in Plum Passion, Twinkle Teal, Grassy Green, and Boldly Bronze. These are fantastic for just $1! They're soft, creamy, and wonderfully pigmented. I know they've been compared to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On eyeliners, but they're just slightly drier. Still great though, especially for the price. Oh, and I've heard that the color doesn't last, but after drawing my lines, I just set them with matching eyeshadow and the color won't budge all day. The wood of the pencil feels really cheap and lightweight, so handle with care. I imagine they snap pretty easily. I want these in every color now!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for staying power, these liners are not the way to go. They have a pretty sheen and they're creamy & pigmented. And...they make incredible bases, which is the only thing I use them for. Since they don't set like other long lasting liners, there is plenty of time to play around and get your placement right. They are really good, considering the $1 price tag. Just don't expect more than they are capable of.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They have a creamy consistency an apply easily. Color pay off is good, 1 stroke is enough for an opaque line, but I usually give two strokes for good measure. They're easy to smudge at first, then dry down in about 10 seconds. I get about 6 hours of wear from these before they start to fade, however they don't seem to migrate much, which is good. I recommend setting them with an eyeshadow is you want longer wear.
I like the packaging for these. The color of the stick is just about the same color as the product, and the sharpener included in the cap is great, albeit a bit messy.
As far as shimmer goes, you get the most from Twinkle Teal and the least from Black Bandit, which has more of a sheen than a shimmer.
I get the most use out of Iconic Ivory, Blissful Blush and Twinkle Teal. Iconic Ivory and Blissful Blush are multi-functional as they make decent lip liners. I get the least amount of use from Black Bandit and Gunmetal as they're little more than average black and grey eyeliners.
I recommend all of them, as they're great quality eyeliners for $1.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by kels94

I usually love E.L.F products, this one however was an exception. I bought this in gunmetal thinking it would be a really gorgeous dark gray. When I applied the eyeliner, it was more of a blue-ish color and it applied very weird. Within thirty minutes the eyeliner was smeared all over my eyelid and underneath, without me even touching it. I will continue to buy E.L.F products, but this will not be one of them.