April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Concealers - Ellis Faas - Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I have never found one that suits my skin tone perfectly before AND has a consistency that I like. I think because Ellis has skin products for each skin tone, you end up with such a flawless finish when the foundation and concealer are combined.

The concealer comes with a brush applicator and the consistency is not too thick and not too thin. If you want more coverage, use a little more product, but I usually find that one or two clicks provide enough for me to cover any blemishes I have, with an extra click for under the eyes. The MA told me a little trick she uses when she applies concealer under the eyes - rather than use it on the whole area, use it where the shadows are darkest, because otherwise it ends up looking flat - kinda hard to explain, but try it, you'll see what she means, and it really works!

The staying power, as with all of EF's products, is amazing. Lasts pretty much all day for me, except in my oiliest areas where I need a touch up about halfway through the day. I don't know how Ellis does it but these products literally don't budge unless you want them to!

The product is pricey but I definitely think you get your money's worth, with such high quality formula and modern packaging, and you don't need to use a whole lot each time.

Another great product from Ellis!

AQUA, DIMETHICONE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC STEARATE, GLYCERIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, CAPRYLYL DIMETHICONE ETHOXYGLUCOSIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, METHYLPARABEN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PROPYLPARABEN, SORBITOL, MICA, TRIISOSTEARIN, HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SQUALANE, LAURETH-4, ORYZA SATIVA CERA, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, ASCOBYL PALMITATE, PHYSTOSTERYL ISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, FRUCTOSE, GLUCOSE, SUCROSE, UREA, DEXTRIN, ALANINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, ASPARTIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN [+/-] CI77891, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77007, CI77288, CI77289.

EDIT: 07/02/2011: I have taken a lippie off my review for this because I am already through a whole tube of this concealer! Considering how much it cost I would have expected it to last a bit longer!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Sydneysista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't normally write reviews but for Ellis Faas and her brilliant line of products I have to. As I said to the make-up consultant at Mecca after using the concealer for a month, this stuff beats all the other concealers hands down. I'm a huge fan of Laura Mercier and YSL concealers but this one wins easily. It's creamy, lightweight and so easy to apply from that brilliant silver tube. I've already gone through one tube and quickly replaced it the day it ran out. It's great for eyes, around the nose (where I get red patches) and the rest of the face. Definitely buy this product!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Martine74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I thought I had found the concealer in the La Prairie one, until the sales lady put this concealer on, when I was trying on the Skin Veil.
O. My. Lord.
I looked 10 years younger.
My eyes look so bright and it's totally undetectable
I apply it under and above the eye, so the whole eye-area looks calm and radiant.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brilliant product! Can't believe there are no reviews. Honestly, I've tried virtually ALL the concealers out there. This is unique, and the more I use it the more I LOVE it. It's unique because it has a sheer texture, but actually does minimize undereye circles in the most natural, undetectable way. It's really a cross between a concealer and a luminizer BUT now shiny stuff, just seems to brighten the eye area. It has its own moisturizer built in, and it just seems to sink into skin. It doesn't cover everything, but anything that covers everything is going to look "made- up" in strong light. This isn't visible, it is virtually undetectable. My eye area just looks BETTER but not made up. It does seem to last well too. Finally, since it has such a natural finish, it is perfect to times when I need to do a speed makeup. IT Cosmetics provides a bit more coverage, but requires a more careful application with a brush and lots of blending. I love and need them both, but more and more I just reach for and depend on the Ellis Faas Concealer. HG. Definitely!!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No