December 21, 2014 | 1669 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - So Hooked On Carmella

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging is freaking adorable! I loved the free sample I received, so I bought a full sized bottle of it. The more I wear it I can't stand it. The first spray is very powerful, it almost chokes you. Eventually it gets lighter and totally disappears. Notes: Lemon, Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Cyclamen, Peony, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber. It kind of reminds me of room spray. When I first wore it for my boyfriend he loved it and then he grew to dislike it just like me. I was happy about that, I was sick of wearing it for about a week straight. I give it a chance every once in awhile, it's like I am determined to like it and not surprised to be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by fragrance_fanatic

Just got this at Sephora. I really like it for a sweet scent. An unusual and yummy smelling vanilla/caramel. When I first smelled it I thought it smelled a lot like a big sweet gooey ice cream cone!!!

***Upping this to 5 lippies. I just love it and right now, it's my favorite from my 'sweet' family.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cinnamon_girl

This smells exactly like Sally Hansen's Airbrush Sun, and for me, smelling like self-tanner (without getting a self-tan glow) is not a good thing. I normally love citrus and/or vanilla scents, but this just didn't work for me; when I tried it on at the store it immediately smelled like either self-tanner or a cheap aerosol body spray you'd find in a discount bin somewhere. The friend I was shopping with agreed & had to roll down all the windows in the car when we drove home.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Based on the notes of this scent I thought that I would love it. The notes are lemon, grapefruit, tiare flower, peony, cyclamen sandalwood, amber and vanille. Now I love scents that have vanilla and amber, but this one just didn't work for me. When I spray it I get a weird metallic note. It smells like a metal pole smothered in vanilla frosting with a bunch of dead flowers mixed in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet, rich, caramel-goodness. I could tell there was some kind of white floral (the tiare) in it as well- I have a particular affinity for it. It's a warm comfort scent and generally a people-pleaser, especially in cooler weather. I couldn't smell the amber much from the bottle, but it bloomed on my skin. It is long-lasting on me, as I can still smell it fairly well 6 hrs later. I have been off gourmands for several years, but I am considering purchasing a bottle of this! It does remind me a bit of CSP Vanille Abricot (which I used to own about 10 yrs ago), but with less sugar/apricot, and more caramel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells sooo good!! the first notes are a sharp citrusy vanilla and then it dries down to like a warm creamy vanilla caramel. can't get enough of it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is not the usual type of fragrance I go for (usually like light and fresh). But I have been wanting to try a vanilla scent and one with citrus undertones seemed like a good combo for my needs. I have tried many perfumes and usually they make me sick from smelling them too much...I grow to dislike them. But I tried this and it got 'stuck" on my coat sleeve. I found myself getting a whiff of it and going in for a smell...and enjoying it. Even my husband said it was nice. So I ran right back to the Benefit counter and grabbed it. I don't see this getting much action in the summer, but I don't really wear perfume in the summer anyhow...so it's all good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by SiennaJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just when I thought I was over vanilla fragrances,I spotted this at the Benefit counter! my favorite part of this scent is when I first spray it because the citrus and vanilla are perfect just out of the bottle.It goes on smelling fresh and edible at the same time,then the fruity smell dissapears and unfolds into a creamy,sweet cake on my skin that lasts for hours and hours.The floral notes are barely detectable in the final drydown.Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to allegaro barbaro i have another beauty to review! After reading jowork's review i was confused and thought i had the wrong fragrance! Then i sprayed some on my top and my skin. It reminds me of sage pearl minus the headiness and headache! I can smell sandalwood note in this. If you like something about sophia then try so hooked on carmella. They are similar but so hooked doesnt have that mango fruit and heavy cloying vanilla that something about sophia has. On my skin the citrus note disappears and smells like sage pearl it has sillage and the fragrance is getting stronger where as on my top the scent is more crisp and lighter if that makes sense. Im off vanilla and gourmand fragrances but this is one that i can stomach and really like. Pleasantly suprised!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells similar to LaVanila's Vanilla Grapefruit, and the notes are similar, but the lemon and grapefruit is not as sharp as in LaVanila. It's mildly citrus, though not at at like cleaning products. Very vanilla with an amber drydown. It's sweet and gourmand. The floral notes are barely noticable in my opinion. It's a bit like a lemon poundcake, and it's a lot softer and nicer than Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanilla Citrus scent that's been discontinued. I like it better than LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit because it lacks the sharpness. But, I'm taking off one lippie because the staying power is weak -- much weaker than LaVanila.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No