September 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Sunscreen - Kiehl's - Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ddeni

Having heard good reviews on Kiehl's products, I decided to buy their sunscreen because I liked the light-weight, high spf, oil-free and non-fragrance quality. It did live up to those qualities. Although pricey, I thought it would be worth it.

BUT if you have sensitive skin, DO NOT PURCHASE. I wore it for the first time and had an immediate reaction, the skin around my face started to get inflamed. The product claims to be "Test under dermatological control" but I don't know how far their testing goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sullenmoon

Just came back from a week in the USVI, where the sun was super strong. I had a sample vial of this with me, along with other sunscreen. I ended up using this daily and came home lightly toasted, no burn...which for my fair skin and love of the sun was an achievement. This is much easier to use than Anthelios, because it goes on very lightly. There is no need to rub it into your skin for ten minutes to prevent a white mask, yet it protects thoroughly. I snorkled, swam, and spent loads of time in the water, and this worked perfectly. I am purchasing a full bottle for the summer...love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by saban

I love this product to pieces! I got a sample tube and decided to try it out even though I'm really not fond of Kiehls at all.

I'm so glad I tried it. It's super runny which I wasn't expecting for such a high spf. The consistency is like milk and it has to be well shaken.

All you need is a little bit and it absorbs into skin super fast. It feels like oil when being applied but leaves the skin feeling just slightly moisturized. This is a great product to use over lotions and it doesn't peel off once you apply make-up over it like a lot of sunscreens do.

The best part is that it seems totally compatible with all the products I use and it hasn't made me break out at all. If only it was a tad cheaper or a tad bigger bottle I would marry it.

But either way I'm going to be using this sunscreen for a long time and if it ever gets discontinued I'm going to have to hoard it like toilet paper after the apocalypse.

UPDATE 7/12/12

So after about 3 weeks of continual use, it made me break out. I stopped using it while my face cleared up and when I would wear it for more than 2 days in a row I felt a breakout about to happen. I still have about half a bottle left that I will use on my hands and arms but I can't use this on my face anymore.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Spiderwort

I bought this a week ago because I needed a sunscreen that didn't give me a white cast after application. This sunscreen gives me great protection and didn't leave a white cast at all. The only downside is the smell because it really smells like sunscreen when you put it on. However, I asked my friends to smell me (and they were really close to my face too) at school to see if it still smelled and the smell went away. So I guess I can only smell it for a few minutes when I put it on. It's really expensive too for the amount you get. It's the smallest sunscreen bottle i've ever seen!! But then again, it's true that you really don't need a lot since it's a very liquid and runny texture. This texture allows the sunscreen to absorb really quick onto the skin. Your skin may feel oily after your application but it'll mattifies after a few minutes. So far, it didn't gave me break out or little white bumps but I'll try a few more weeks before deciding if this will break me out or not. The packaging is a small squeezable bottle so it's pretty sanitary. Overall, it's a great product and I definitely recommend it.

UPDATE : I tried it for about a month now. It didn't give me any break out at all and it made my acne scar fade faster. I definitely recommend it!! =)

UPDATE 2 : I still use this daily (though i do skip it on rainy days) and it's been a few months now. It didn't gave me any pimples at all! I love this. Definitely my HG sunscreen!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by chanelangel

This is the best sunscreen ever. I wish they had one for the body too. It absorbs really fast and is not oily. It does not clog pores like some sunscreens I have used. I always stock up on it because it seems to always sell out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great sunscreen. I love that it is so liquid - the Kiehls rep suggested blending a small amount of this with my moisturizer, which is easier than applying two layers. Smells a bit like sunscreen coming out of the bottle, but the scent vanishes once on my skin. I've only been using it a week, but so far so good. Makeup goes on easily over it, and as long as it's an effective sunscreen (which it appears to be) we are good to go! It's a tad pricey but I like it so much better than the Neutrogena sheerblock sunscreen I was using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Super fluid is a fitting name since this is as runny as you can get with a sunscreen. It's meant to be applied over moisturizer - it contains alcohol and is not hydrating enough to use alone (perhaps if skin is truly oily...) It has enough slip to distribute it over the face and neck without having to use too much, and it sets within minutes. This is a great option for those that find sunscreens too thick, too greasy, or too interfering with makeup. I would only caution those who are allergic or sensitive to Avobenzone/chemical sunscreens to sample first. Also, the bottle must be shaken well beforehand to ensure an even application with no white cast.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3% * Homosalate 15% * Octisalate 5% * Octocrylene 5% * Oxybenzone 6%

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this when my cheapie CVS sunscreen ran out, and I couldn't find it again at any of the local places. I've had both good and bad experiences with Kiehl's products, but since this had a nice high SPF I decided it was worth a try.

This stuff is awesome! First of all, it's a very light fluid, and non-greasy. Therefore, when you put it on, you don't have the feeling that you are slathering on greasy stuff. It is also unscented, which I like. It also agrees with foundation, should you decide to use it, which is another bonus.

I do not spend a lot of time in the sun, but I do burn *very* easily. But when I use this, I don't even get any pink (other than just when I'm overheated, and that has nothing to do with the sunscreen!).

Not as inexpensive as the CVS stuff I was using, but well worth the cost, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kgfreedman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen is super light and sheer and it leaves my skin feeling almost as if I'd applied primer- matt and smooth. After applying, I've spent many hours in very bright sun without being burnt. HG, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG sunscreen. It is SPF 50 and photostablized, oil-free, and fragrance free. I like that it is lightweight and I don't feel like a have a heavy layer of sunscreen on. Very similar in consistency to the Shiseido sunscreen lotion (without the strong scent). It applies similarly too, goes on almost feeling greasy at first but after drying a few minutes it leaves a nice, natural/almost matte finish. Makeup goes on easily over it, too. It's very pricey for the size, $32 US for 1.7 oz., but I only use it on my face and neck and so far the small bottle is hanging in there. I have already re-purchased more bottles to get me through the rest of the summer and fall.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No