April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Sunscreen - Kiehls - Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Super fluid is a fitting name since this is as runny as you can get with a sunscreen. It's meant to be applied over moisturizer - it contains alcohol and is not hydrating enough to use alone (perhaps if skin is truly oily...) It has enough slip to distribute it over the face and neck without having to use too much, and it sets within minutes. This is a great option for those that find sunscreens too thick, too greasy, or too interfering with makeup. I would only caution those who are allergic or sensitive to Avobenzone/chemical sunscreens to sample first. Also, the bottle must be shaken well beforehand to ensure an even application with no white cast.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3% * Homosalate 15% * Octisalate 5% * Octocrylene 5% * Oxybenzone 6%

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this when my cheapie CVS sunscreen ran out, and I couldn't find it again at any of the local places. I've had both good and bad experiences with Kiehl's products, but since this had a nice high SPF I decided it was worth a try.

This stuff is awesome! First of all, it's a very light fluid, and non-greasy. Therefore, when you put it on, you don't have the feeling that you are slathering on greasy stuff. It is also unscented, which I like. It also agrees with foundation, should you decide to use it, which is another bonus.

I do not spend a lot of time in the sun, but I do burn *very* easily. But when I use this, I don't even get any pink (other than just when I'm overheated, and that has nothing to do with the sunscreen!).

Not as inexpensive as the CVS stuff I was using, but well worth the cost, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kgfreedman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen is super light and sheer and it leaves my skin feeling almost as if I'd applied primer- matt and smooth. After applying, I've spent many hours in very bright sun without being burnt. HG, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG sunscreen. It is SPF 50 and photostablized, oil-free, and fragrance free. I like that it is lightweight and I don't feel like a have a heavy layer of sunscreen on. Very similar in consistency to the Shiseido sunscreen lotion (without the strong scent). It applies similarly too, goes on almost feeling greasy at first but after drying a few minutes it leaves a nice, natural/almost matte finish. Makeup goes on easily over it, too. It's very pricey for the size, $32 US for 1.7 oz., but I only use it on my face and neck and so far the small bottle is hanging in there. I have already re-purchased more bottles to get me through the rest of the summer and fall.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No