Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, aroma (flavor)*, castor seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil**, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, soybean oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool *natural flavor **acai berry

on 7/6/2012 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Meh, not overly impressed with this lip balm. Here in the UK it is rather expensive (I think it's 3.50 or so), and I find that while it is an ok clear lip balm that moisturises fine, it's just not good enough for that money, as you have to reapply it quite often.
I'm not a fan of the smell either and my bf absolutely hates it, which sure, is personal preference, but doesn't help!
I'd like this to come in an SPF version as well, since I can't even use this outdoors otherwise. Doesn't matter though, since I won't be repurchasing anyway.

on 5/24/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I hate the original Burt's Bees - it dries out my lips and it is not moisturizing whatsoever. I have the same problem with the Pink Grapefruit, the Honey, and the Pomegranate one. This balm is yummy and makes my lips soft and kissable. I kind of like the fact that it smells and tastes like a child's vitamin (without the chalky aspect). I will definitely rebuy - this flavor and the Mango Butter flavor are my favorites!

on 2/28/2012 8:42:00 PM

I bought this on a whim... it was buy 2 get 1 free atWalgreens. I LOVE this product so much!!!!!!!!!!!I have chronically dry lips, nothing seems to help them............until I tried this!! I love berries in general and when i tried this i feel in LOVE<33 One con: The spin up thing on the bottom broke within the first 3 times on using!
***EDIT***
i will never buy anther burts bees chapstick. EVER. you might still like it, but burts bees has caramine in there products, which has something to do with red bug juice, that is NASTY.

I really like this chap stick. I put it on at night before I go to sleep and I wake up with moisturized lips. I stopped using the original Burt's Bees chap stick after I noticed my lips getting darker. (someone told me it was the orange oil in it)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the original (minty) BB's lip balm so decided to try this one on a whim. It is a clear balm with a pleasant mixed berry scent to it. It does moisturize my lips well but I find that the lasting power is not that great. Ideally I like my lip balm to have an spf as well. But I love the berry scent. I may or may not repurchase (since there are so many lip balms to try) but this is a nice, moisturizing lip product.

on 2/14/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Burt's Bees can be a hit or miss with me, and I am a huge fan of the Mango Butter lip balm, but the Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry has to be one of my least favorite lip balms from Burt's Bees. It moisturizes my lips for a shorter period of time compared to the Mango Butter one, but the smell is pleasant. It has a very thin consistency and glides on smoothly. I wouldnt repurchase again though.

on 1/25/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful chap stick!
I love the scent and how soft it leaves my lips!

on 1/23/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

my lips tend to get really dry really often, despite putting on an all natural balm before bed and trying to remember to keep something on them all day as well. its to the point that i avoid lipstick now b/c my lips are just to flakey to have it look good. or i should say, WERE :)

i'm soooo happy i tried this! i'm a fan of berry scents in general, and i'm a big fan of BB's pomegranate lip balm. i do NOT like the beeswax one, as its too thick and minty. the pomegranate one is thicker than this one, but still good.

the acai berry is clear, and leaves just the smallest amount of sheen. DH doesnt feel weird at all to wear it out. its kind of thin, to the extent that i can really pile a lot on and it still feels ok, not like its built up or anything. it last slightly less long than other thicker balms, but i dont mind a bit b/c this actually hydrates my lips more, even when i apply it less often! if i forget it at home my lips are now better than they were with nothing on them before! it rivals my chagrin valley avocado lip butter, which is also amazing :)

i like this so much that i've bough 3 for myself (one was lost ): ) and 2 as gifts. DH thinks i've lost my mind, buying so many. but i know my mom and friend will love these as much as i do!

as for the smell, i dont mind it, kind of like it, in fact. after reading some other reviews, yeah it does KIND OF smell like flintstones vitamins, but when i 1st tried it i wasnt at all put off by the smell.

my absolute favorite thing about this is that it DOES NOT crease up where my lips meet-- you know how some lip stuff gives you that line of built up product where your lips come together? not this!

i'll buy this again and again! i'm surprised at the kind of low rating it has on here!

on 12/19/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have never used Burt's Bees products before. This is the first lip balm I tried so I really cannot compare it with other lip balms under the same brand. My usual go to lip balm is Kielh's No. 1 lip balm for the past few years. It looks and feels like Vaseline with a tiny bit of SPF to it.

Compare to Kielh's, this one is thinner and creamier I think. It is not as glossy/oily as No.1. The package is easier to use since the Kielh's one tends to be runny during warm whether and can be a bit messy if not careful. This one has a very artificial scent in my opinion. I am not completely against it but I have not use similar products on my lips for a while.

Although the package is better, the staying power for this balm is really not long. I find myself in need to re-apply it every few hours. The initial effect is nice but it tends to wear off rather fast.

It might stay as an emergency lip balm but I think I will stick to Kielh's as an overnight treatment.

on 12/14/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a condition causing dry lips so I am never without lip balm and try new ones all the time. I have tried several in this line, this is my least favorite. I thought it would be a deep berry color given the color of the cap. Another BB balm has a berry colored cap and the balm is the same color. The balms taste is not great to me, its moisturizing but no more so than any other out there. There is just nothing special to warrant a repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments