October 25, 2014 | 1061 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only balm (lippie) that is quenching my parched lips during this dry, windy winter. The regular BB balm never moisturized my lips, but the Nourishing formula is amazing. It is a must-have in my makeup bag, and is under all my other lippies now

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

Ah, Burt's Bees. The standard of readily available natural beauty products.
This is a self-explanatory product. It's a lip balm in a tube. The tube is of the same quality as pretty much any other lip balm tube. My only complaint about it is that the plastic on the outside eventually peels off and leaves your little tube looking like a mess, but maybe I am handling it too roughly.

This balm feels thicker than some of Burt's other creations, and I looooooove that. If you want something lighter, go for pink grapefruit or the rejuvenating balm. But if you like feeling the balm on your lips and having the satisfaction of knowing it's gonna make them feel great, pick this up. I've strayed, but I always come back to this lip balm.

And yes, it does smell vaguely like mango.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Smiley0821

love it very moisturizing love the mango smell

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am such a lip balm junkie...haha. I love this one! It's the most moisturizing BB's lip balm. It lasts the longest (before needing another application), smells the best, and provides the most long term benefit for my lips. When used exclusively, my lips look and feel really great. =)

This is my backup cheap (ish) balm to my rather expensive HG (Karite lips vanilla lip balm).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ive been using this product for 1,5 months. ive always loved burts bees and i purchases this one because of the smell aand texture. most lip balms 'exfoliate' my lips, so they usually leave my lips chapped instead of moisturising it. but this one doesnt leave my lips chapped, and it glides on smoothly on my lips, easy to apply. i still have to reapply once in a while, but it doesnt seem a prob for me. great value of price, and its 100% natural! probably thats why this doesnt ruin my lips like other lip balms do. i can say im obsessed, gonna get some back ups soon. yes def will repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a lip balm hoarder and I've been trying this product out for about 6 months (usually when there is no other lip balm in my bag haha). I love the smell of this product and how smoothly it glides on, and I also like that it's all natural. But... this lip balm is not moisturizing on me at all. It has the consistancy of a lip butter and I feel like it sits on top of my lips instead of sinking in, and it doesn't really add moisture to my lips even in humid summer months when I don't need significant moisturization. At most, I feel like this forms a barrier to maybe prevent more moisture from escaping, but it doesn't add any back.

Because it doesn't sink in, it also has a pretty mediocre wear time. I expect my lip balm to come off when I eat or drink something, but there is usually sort of residue left that helps my lips feel moisturized because the product has sunk into my skin. This is just gone, and my lips feel exactly like they did before I applied the product.

I'd really only recommend this to people who love the smell of mango. This does basically nothing for your lips, even the CO Bigelow glosses that aren't even supposed to be lip balms and have drying peppermint oil moisturize my lips better than this balm does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by babylips235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the honey one, but this not so much, I was really looking foward to this one because I thought it would have more scent & flavor, it did but not much flavor and the scent smelled like a rasberry pomergrante wendy's salad, & BUrts bees is amazing! It works great but it gets very cold in the winter here & when I put it on it seems like it freezez with my lips and dry's up once it hits the cold and wind, and then I try putting on more and it doesn't help, but it's perfect for summer.....just not mango.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For a basic, everyday lip balm, this lip balm doesn't disappoint.
One thing I love about Burt's Bees is that they're an organic brand, so there are never any artificial ingredients. You're probably thinking that its heavenly mango scent is added fragrance or some other fake ingredient, but it's not--it's from the mango butter, of course! One word: LOVE.
Okay, well, actually, I have to admit that sometimes the scent makes me sick and somewhat nauseous, but at other times I just want to inhale the mango-y goodness forever!
The number of other butters in the ingredients are contributors to the nice sheen this lip balm gives. So when I want a hint of moisturizing natural-looking shine, I just apply this.
The wear time isn't great--just a mere 2-3 hours--but that's the average wear time for lip balm, anyway.
The reason why I lowered the rating to a 4 is because its moisturizing aspects aren't exactly the best out there (Vaseline still wins this category), so if you have truly chapped, sucked-the-moisture-out-of-my-lips lips, then this lip balm isn't for you. But if you're like me and you just need a little moisture, then this is great!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mailovelife

Bought this after my dad stole my beeswax one. I actually love this quite a lot, the texture is smooth and soft, and is very light weight and goes on smoothly. It smells fantastic, very fruity and tropical. It lasts pretty long, but I love applying it - it's addicting! It's about 4 dollars, which for me isn't that bad. The packaging is the classic tube with the swivel at the bottom. The lid goes on with a nice and secure snap, so there's no worrying about the lid coming off (like the Nivea tube ones)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the flavour of this balm - very fruity.
The texture is also lovely and it goes on very smoothly
nourishes my lips well.
The only downside to this balm is the fact that my lips feel dry after a couple of hours but I guess that's most lip balms for you.
I've yet to find one that hydrates my lips all day.

A lovely little lip balm but for the price I would not repurchase.