Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 2/26/2013 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

on 2/22/2013 12:59:00 PM

The smell of this is delicious-very sweet, fruity, natural. It is very moisturizing, and lasts a good few hours. However, I find that it can sometimes be a bit grainy if your lips are not completely smooth. You get a good amount of product in this. I may buy this product again, simply because of the smell and pretty good moisturizing :)

on 2/20/2013 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this lip balm quite a bit! It's a little too thick for my liking though. I don't mind since I only apply this during the night. I never use lip balm during the day, never have and never plan to. After about a week, including some occasional picking, my lips are obviously more healthy and soft. I'm pretty sure they would be better if I applied during the day as well. My lips aren't chapped anymore. I'm glad since lip balm have never done anything for my lips besides making them feel dry and sticky. I've never been faithful to any of my lip balm before as well. I have never finished a tube, ever. Not even this one...yet.

on 2/20/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only balm (lippie) that is quenching my parched lips during this dry, windy winter. The regular BB balm never moisturized my lips, but the Nourishing formula is amazing. It is a must-have in my makeup bag, and is under all my other lippies now

Ah, Burt's Bees. The standard of readily available natural beauty products.
This is a self-explanatory product. It's a lip balm in a tube. The tube is of the same quality as pretty much any other lip balm tube. My only complaint about it is that the plastic on the outside eventually peels off and leaves your little tube looking like a mess, but maybe I am handling it too roughly.

This balm feels thicker than some of Burt's other creations, and I looooooove that. If you want something lighter, go for pink grapefruit or the rejuvenating balm. But if you like feeling the balm on your lips and having the satisfaction of knowing it's gonna make them feel great, pick this up. I've strayed, but I always come back to this lip balm.

And yes, it does smell vaguely like mango.

on 2/11/2013 7:10:00 PM

love it very moisturizing love the mango smell

on 2/10/2013 11:35:00 AM

I am such a lip balm junkie...haha. I love this one! It's the most moisturizing BB's lip balm. It lasts the longest (before needing another application), smells the best, and provides the most long term benefit for my lips. When used exclusively, my lips look and feel really great. =)

This is my backup cheap (ish) balm to my rather expensive HG (Karite lips vanilla lip balm).

on 1/31/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

ive been using this product for 1,5 months. ive always loved burts bees and i purchases this one because of the smell aand texture. most lip balms 'exfoliate' my lips, so they usually leave my lips chapped instead of moisturising it. but this one doesnt leave my lips chapped, and it glides on smoothly on my lips, easy to apply. i still have to reapply once in a while, but it doesnt seem a prob for me. great value of price, and its 100% natural! probably thats why this doesnt ruin my lips like other lip balms do. i can say im obsessed, gonna get some back ups soon. yes def will repurchase

on 1/24/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a lip balm hoarder and I've been trying this product out for about 6 months (usually when there is no other lip balm in my bag haha). I love the smell of this product and how smoothly it glides on, and I also like that it's all natural. But... this lip balm is not moisturizing on me at all. It has the consistancy of a lip butter and I feel like it sits on top of my lips instead of sinking in, and it doesn't really add moisture to my lips even in humid summer months when I don't need significant moisturization. At most, I feel like this forms a barrier to maybe prevent more moisture from escaping, but it doesn't add any back.

Because it doesn't sink in, it also has a pretty mediocre wear time. I expect my lip balm to come off when I eat or drink something, but there is usually sort of residue left that helps my lips feel moisturized because the product has sunk into my skin. This is just gone, and my lips feel exactly like they did before I applied the product.

I'd really only recommend this to people who love the smell of mango. This does basically nothing for your lips, even the CO Bigelow glosses that aren't even supposed to be lip balms and have drying peppermint oil moisturize my lips better than this balm does.

on 1/20/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I really like the honey one, but this not so much, I was really looking foward to this one because I thought it would have more scent & flavor, it did but not much flavor and the scent smelled like a rasberry pomergrante wendy's salad, & BUrts bees is amazing! It works great but it gets very cold in the winter here & when I put it on it seems like it freezez with my lips and dry's up once it hits the cold and wind, and then I try putting on more and it doesn't help, but it's perfect for summer.....just not mango.

Popular Lip Treatments