April 18, 2014 | 1194 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Porefessional

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very good primer if applied correctly (patting into place). Unfortunately, I have dry skin that doesn't tolerate silicone based primers well at all :( That's the only reason I wouldn't buy this again. I wish it worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't brake me out and keeps me matte . I do use a matte setting powder as well. Feels tacky going on but dries well. I don't have the other people did applying foundation over it. Goes on like a dream for me . Def repurchase . I only use in t-zone tho I use my arbonne prime for my cheeks that are not as oily. Works out well

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LummazXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a pack with the eye cream and That 'Gal primer for the same price as a single tube of Porefessional, so my value for money was great. The formula is really smooth and makes my skin feel great and it is easier to apply foundation with it on. For me it has a slightly weird smell, but it is nothing compared to MAC Studio Fix. I had an issue the first time I tried to use it when after I had removed the foil covering, no product would come out. I had to get a hairpin and jab a bigger hole into the top of the tube, and when I tried to get product out after this, around a tablespoon amount came out all at once. Luckily I had a small sample pot to put the extra in from when I first got a small amount of porefessional by begging a benefit employee. Overall, it definitely makes my pores around my nose, chin and forehead appear smaller and smooths my skin out so it is ready for foundation. However, when I apply it over foundation it turns to a weird texture and doesn't look very nice on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

I wanted something to even out my skin tone and reduce blotchiness and the appearance of pores and I also wanted something tinted that could be worn alone without foundation. I love the texture of this product (very smooth, silky, and whipped) and a little goes a long way and while I don't think it completely covers pores I do find that it makes a difference and it feels good on my skin. My skin is sensitive and is not reacting negatively to this product. I especially like that I can wear this alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by vannii

I was kind of disappointed with this primer. I had heard so much about it and a lot of the beauty gurus I watch on youtube use it. I have really big pores on my nose, well I used to, I recently switched my skin routine and now my pores aren't really an issue any more. But when I did, this primer did not do it for me. You could still se my pores through my foundation. Another thing that I didn't like was that it took a while for it to dry so it's not optimal if you're in a hurry. I noticed that when I put it on before it had really dried it became flakey. The only good thing about it was that it's pigmented so it kind of helps reduce redness.

Where I live this primer is really pricey since they only have at Sephora, and I really don't think it's worth the price. I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by RandomFuture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I currently have a deluxe sample of this product. I've been using it as a primer but since I changed my skin care routine my pores aren't really an issue anymore. It works well as a primer and you only need a tiny amount. Before when my pores were bigger I felt it helped them look smaller but I'm now looking at correctors so I probably won't repurchase this. It is a good primer but since pores aren't my biggest issue I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Kookoolovesyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this for my birthday as part of a gift set. It's not something I would normally buy as I don't have too big a problem with pores and tend to use a good primer, but as it was free thought I'd give it a go! I'd seen a few of the reviews on here and know that people find the consistency hard to deal with. I used a really small amount of this, patted it onto the areas I wanted to smooth out and them put foundation straight on top and it looked amazing! You literally couldn't see a single pore! Staying power isn't amazing, it's now 7 hours later and the effects are starting to fade, but would definitely use this again for a night out or meal. Overall pretty happy with this one! X

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product is on par with the ineffective Dr. Brandt's Pores No More. Each time I try to use this and get some kind of meaningful effect from it and each time I am so disappointed in what it has to offer. Tarte's BB Cream has the same texture and diminishes the appearance of pores, except it also supplies coverage (read: better deal!). Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Initially, it seemed to cover pores and wrinkles but the effect did not last long. This made me oilier too. My makeup didn't look any better with this and in fact, by the end of the day, my pores looked worse than without this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the Porefessional as a free sample from ULTA. My first thoughts:
A. Again, BeneFit. Rocking the product names.
B. What the hell is this stuff supposed to do?

So, it's supposed to minimize the appearance of pores. I'm currently not struggling with large pores, so I can't comment on its intended effectiveness. I will say, however, that this stuff feels like a dream.

Never have I put anything so light, so, whipped, so silky on my face. Mmmm. It also smells like heaven.

While I wasn't sure exactly why I was applying it to my face, I did notice the difference when I went without it for the day. Namely, my makeup was a lot harder to apply. Especially around my eyes. This is the perfect primer for those of us who end up tugging our skin around when applying concealer.

Highly recommend. It's a wonderful experience. The only reason I say I wouldn't buy it again is that I didn't buy it in the first place and I'm not sure I'd want to dish out that much cash.