August 23, 2014 | 1064 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Savytt

This is a fantastic product in my personal opinion. I tend to enjoy primers with a more silicon base and this tube of magic is just that. Before this product I was using the Smashbox photo finish primer in light. I didn't realize how much I disliked the Smashbox primer until I tried the POREfessional. The Smashbox primer is much more greasy in comparison, it helped keep my chin in a constant state of breakout. I am sticking with the POREfessional from now on which is a big deal because I have commitment issues with makeup products! Cheers to smoother freshly primed skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DivaFabuLiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A bit pricey, yes, but it's very easy to use and I found that it evened out my somewhat uneven skin tone pretty nicely, and I was happy that it didn't have that horrible silicone-y greasy finish that most primers tend to leave. My skin is oily and reactive and this product didn't trigger any breakouts or clogged pores.

I got a small test tube from Glossybox but I'm definitely buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

It's okay. Does make a nice surface. Does feel weird to the touch, almost scrapey after. Looks good, doesn't feel good, let's put it that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
goes on silky

cons:
price $30

I don't really know if it really minimized the look of my pores, but then I don't think I have large pores (thanks to my skincare routine :). So not worth the price but I'm looking for a better primer and Its so hard! Does not break me out like the Smashbox primer. It does go on very silky and I like the consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by liindzz

It is a bit pricey- but definitely worth it. I've suffered from oily skin and large, prominent pores on my forehead and cheeks all my life, but this product makes them virtually disappear. I feel confident in this, because I know it'll make my skin look smooth and poreless everyday, although sometimes I'll put on a thicker layer if my skin is looking especially oily. This holds my concealer and foundation pretty well, maybe for 4-5 hours until I have to retouch, but I always put a little more porefessional on top of my foundation and I'm good to go! Maybe it isn't the best for under-foundation primer, but for those who suffer from large pores NEED this product!!
The Primed and Poreless by TooFaced slightly outdoes this though, which is why I'm giving it four stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Petja1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is huge disappointment, while it has nice texture and it does little something to minimize the pores (therefore 1 star) it made my foundation slipped of my face and created patches. No matter what I did, it always caused my foundation to melt down and it looked terrible too. I am a makeup artist and tried it on different skin types and it always ended up sliding of the face. Wouldn't recommend it at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by marciaxo

I really wanted to like this product since it is a little expensive. I bought the mini size off of Sephora for about $12. First of all, the travel size is TINY. If you're expecting to get a good use out of it, I advise you just go ahead and buy the full size (If you're sure if you really like it. For myself, I have really dry skin and so I felt like this primer dried out my skin a little bit. Also, it claims to be pore minimizing but for me, it honestly did not do much. I feel like there are better primers/pore minimizers out there for a better price so I would say go ahead and skip this one from benefit.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice primer. I don't have massive pores, so I don't notice a big difference in reduction (nothing can make them disappear) but I find it does even out my complexion, giving a nice base to work off of. It really helps prevent some oil production and prolong the longevity of your make up. It is only a small tube, but you only heed a small amount, so it's worth the investment. Works better than the drugstore primers that come in larger sizes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Porefessional masks 25% of my pores and does NOTHING for my foundation application OR longevity.

For $30 I expect more.

If you are looking for something higher quality I would suggest Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer. It's SOOOO much BETTER. (And for $30 you get 1 oz --- as opposed to Benefit $30 for .75 oz)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Glorified Monistat Chafing Lotion. And the Monistat is better, to be honest.

I was sucked into the hype while visiting a Benefit store downtown. I do enjoy some of Benefit's more original products, but this was just a waste. Yes, it totally does what it says it's supposed to and for that, it gets a star. I liked the fact that it had a bit of 'skin-like' color to it, which I thought added a nice touch as a primer, so I gave it another star. 2 total stars.

But it's $30 to the Monistat which is $6 and does a better job. Recently though, I gave up both of them in favor of a primer by 100% Pure, which has no silicones and works just as well. I never realized how much my face disliked silicones. I deduced after a few months of testing out products that it doesn't mesh well with my skin and leads to clogged pores and spots.

So, if you're into silicone primers, save yourself $24 and make a trip to Target for the Monistat.