BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 5/12/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My feelings on pores are thus: If you are a human, and not a cyborg, you have them. And they aren't going anywhere. So if you feel tempted to purchase this product out of a desire to eradicate/eliminate/or radically alter the plane of your face, put down that $30 and buy something to genuinely treat yo self instead. Life is too short to obsess over the inevitable.

I bought a sample size of this product on a whim while stuck in the vortex of the travel aisle at Sephora (tricky buggers). I have occasionally used this for the past couple months and still seem to have a good amount left. I should qualify that I have dry, red skin so my primary concern is adding moisture to my skin and giving it an even tone. Blemishes, oil, and acne are not my main issues; if those are your concerns, this product might be worth the investment, but I would recommend trying a cheaper silicone-based primer along with the sample size of this first.

I do think this does a nice job of "blurring" any imperfections; if you have any scarring concerns from past acne, this might be worth checking out. But it doesn't do much to even out skin tone and it doesn't add any kind of "glow" or radiance like other primers do. I have also found it is just a touch too drying for my skin. I also haven't noticed a major in the appearance of my pores; they're slightly diminished, but not enough to justify the cost of such a small amount of product.

So, the long and short of it: think about why you want this product before plunking $30 down on it. Are your pores really a "problem" or is this just another thing the beauty industry wants us to fret over?

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this for my T-zone area, which is where I tend to get the most oily. It does a nice job of keeping my skin looking and feeling smooth, and minimizing the appearance of pores on my nose and cheeks.

on 5/7/2015 1:32:00 PM

This is my favorite primer for reducing pores. A small size has actually lasted a long time. It works better for me than Smashbox and Maybelline green cream primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried a lot of primers and this is the one that I keep repurchasing. I wear sunscreen every day but all of my favorite sunscreens tend to be a bit shinier on my skin than I'd like (I prefer physical sunscreens to chemical ones, BTW). This is the one primer that effectively mattifies the sunscreen layer. I use it after applying sunscreen and prior to applying foundation.

FYI, regarding the sunscreen test: a lot of the primers I've tried were indistinguishable from the POREfessional on my hand (I researched dupes) and I was very optimistic that they would perform just as well in practice on my face. Same or very similar colors and textures but somehow the POREfessional primer was the only one that actually blurred/mattfied sunscreen shine.

The one reason why this doesn't get a five-star rating from me is because even though I apply it to my entire face, the foundation on my nose still needs a touch up after a few hours if I'm being fussy enough (almost never that fussy though). That said, this happens no matter what primer I use; just reserving a five-star (lippie?) rating for the magical product (primer or foundation, or primer/foundation combo) that may or may not yet exist that truly lasts all day, nose included. Still, this is a great product and really more of a 4.5 out of 5 for me.

As a point of reference, my skin type is mostly normal/a little dry and not at all sensitive (apart from burning if exposed to sun without protection). I could probably give myself a dog poop face mask and still come out a-okay.

This works so well for me before applying my foundation. It minimises pores and makes my make up stay on, so fab purchase for me. However, I do suggest getting a tester or buying a small sample as it can break people out and doesn't glide well on dry skin. Overall, it's a hit product for me.

on 5/4/2015 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

works much better after you apply your foundation and you tap it on the area with the most visible pores. It doesn't work for me under foundation at all.

on 4/29/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was excited to use this because people tell me they kept going back to it because it's so good. All I can say is that I have no idea why..

I'm not a fan of silicone based primers because of the clogged feeling, but I hate my open pores so I'll persevere. This primer added no staying power to my makeup (tbf it didn't claim to) but it didn't even reduce the appearance of my pores,, no matter how many different ways I tried using it, so my foundation and concealer just sank in as normal, and at times looked even worse with it there.

So disappointing when you're excited to try a product.

on 4/28/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a trial size of this from Ulta recently to incorporate into my makeup routine and this broke me out horribly. Thankfully I stopped using very soon after noticing the bad breakout it was causing and plan on purchasing the Lancôme La Base pro primer soon. That product is oil-free and makes my makeup look amazing. If you have sensitive acne-prone skin. I would use this primer with extreme caution.

on 4/22/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

For me, this is like putting plastic wrap over my skin. It is occlusive and makes me break out. If you have a similar problem and still want to use primer, try LORAC POREfection, which has salicylic acid and antioxidants.

on 4/22/2015 12:57:00 PM

This is amazing stuff!! Due to it being a little pricey, I bought the travel size tube and use it only for special events, not everyday wear. Minimizes pores and it just lets you glide your make up on like a pro. Deff a thumbs up!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors