Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/29/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

well... to be honest this product is a must have. It have most of the color that you need and it also easy for you to carry when you are traveling. In addition, the color is also pops out even though I have an Asian medium tan skin color. They also come with a very useful eyeshadow blush.

a bit of downside is this not last very long if you have an oily eye lid like me. However, I use a too faced eye primer and I think it's kinda solve the problem.

hence, I think i will buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this palette! I've had it for a little over a year, and I use it almost every day. In fact, I almost never have to buy eyeshadow because this palette has everything.

Shades: I love that this provides a wide range of dark and light shades, which makes it great for wearing both day and night. I've created several go-to everyday looks, and I love to combine shades from the light end of the palette and the dark end. Most of the shades are shimmery, but the two main matte shades (Naked and Buck) are also really nice. I personally don't line my eyes with eyeshadow, but a lot of my friends use the dark shades as liner, and the results are beautiful.

Quality: I am really satisfied with the quality of all of these shadows! They go on smoothly and are so easy to blend. There is a little bit of fallout, specifically with a few of the shades like Sidecar and Half Baked, but I don't find it a problem because I always apply my foundation after my eye makeup. I always use a primer (right now, I'm using Sephora's), and my eyeshadow always lasts all day and doesn't crease.

Brush: I actually really love this brush...in fact, when I'm on the go and don't have my other brushes with me, I can use this to do my entire eye. The bristles are really soft, and it makes it easy to apply and blend shadow.

TLDR: Give this palette a try! The colors, quality, and brush are all great; it's super versatile, and you will not be disappointed!

on 5/17/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Yas! I use this palette almost every day. It is really pigmented and easy to blend. It doesn't get all over my face when I'm putting it on, too, it's powdery but not flaky. I've never had it settle into any creases in my eyes or anything, with or without primer. Most of the shades are really shimmery though, and "hustle" looks oddly bruise-like on me (this may be me being so pale though!). I love it. Especially good if you're just buying yr ~first nude palette~. :)

on 5/16/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have wanted this for a year and finally got it. The number one status of this palette made me think it would be the holy grail. I have to report that it is not as wonderful as I thought it would be. I really expected, based on reviews, that it would be superior in quality to other brands, but I can't see it. The shades can all be duplicated with cheaper brands. The two-ended brush is a nice bonus and it does work, but my main problem is the muddy brown and bronze tones of most of the shades. They look awful on me. I really tried to do a neutral eye several different ways, but it isn't right for me. The pale shimmery shades are fine but again, easy to find in other brands. The dark blue one doesn't fit at all. This would be worth keeping only if you have money to burn. I would keep it if there was even one unique shade that was beautiful. I'll keep trying to find a really good palette.

on 5/6/2015 10:48:00 AM

First off, I love all three Naked palettes. This palette is the most neutral one out of the three. The color payoff is awesome and it has a range of light to dark colors, which is great for both everyday looks and glam looks. It includes both matte and shimmer shades, though I would much prefer if they included more matter shades since I don't really like to use shimmery shades for everyday looks.The only major downside of this product would be its packaging--I don't like that it doesn't have a clip kind of thing that secures the lid, which makes it really hard to bring this one when I'm traveling.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Naked works all the time, it's a day to night to day palette. It's easily wearable with any occasion, and it's surprisingly glamorous if you want it to be! But it's also as everyday as you want.

I found the sparkles intimidating and "too glam" in my early 20s, I looked made-up. But approaching mid 20 (I'm turning 26 next month), Naked has made me look professional in numerous settings from daily office to office parties to meetings. I admit I was shy in my early 20s though. I found the extravagant gold-brown colours to look too mature then.

Now it's my go-to for many daily uses, it's my fallback palette when I don't want to be creative. It's something I know I will always get right! Some of my favourite looks can be achieved with Naked alone. It's also my travel palette.

It's really good!!! Buttery, a lot of glitter fallout though. If you wear hard contacts, you should forget about it. I have the MAC #239 shader brush so that helps. The brush works on any shadow and makes application flawless.

The Naked brush:
is terrible. It's very stuff and it makes application very patchy. I use it as eyeliner, that's how stiff it is.

Compared to Naked 2:
2 is very silver. I much prefer Naked because it's brown based, works on my light Chinese skin. Naked 2 is more white/silver/grey. It gives a cooler impression, and I find it to be much more casual because the cool colours make me look minimalistic. It does! Especially the whites and the grey-based colours, AND they are not pigmented. I can never be "Glam" with Naked 2. The case is much sturdier than Naked, so it sometimes is my weekend travel palette.

Compared to Naked 3:
Naked 3 is pink/rose and this works wonderfully on my warm-toned skin. I find it to be girly pretty and casual, less glam than Naked. However I LOVE the smokey looks from Naked 3, I would have loved this in my early 20s. I find Naked palette's smokey looks to be very glamorous and more suitable for "special" occasion. I'm a big computer nerd so I prefer Naked 3's smokey looks. Naked's daytime looks are fierce and independent, Naked 3's daytime looks are girly and pretty. Both are beautiful. The brush in Naked 3 is much much better, it's less stiff and the blender side is fatter than Naked 2's. Still all three brushes suck because I have MAC brushes.

Compared to Lorac Pro: (I know, I have a million makeup palettes)
Lorac Pro has an entire row of matte colours!! (8 matte and 8 shimmer) The "shimmer" colours in Lorac Pro are not as glittery, they have a more satin finish and with less fallout. I find the matte colours to be very artificial especially colours like white and mauve. It's like chalk. The light colours on Naked (including the glittery ones) are more skin-like and more natural. Although Naked colours are all dark compared to Lorac Pro, I seem to use Lorac Pro more for nighttime casual outings -like last-minute bar hopping with friends. Espresso on Lorac Pro is my favourite matte dark brown, its texture is extremely buttery. All colours in this palette are buttery, thus easier to blend and create a muddy mess.... bah.

Compared to NARS makeup:
I think if I wasn't an eyeshadow junkie, I wouldn't own any of the Naked palettes. I would buy only NARS Duo's and wear naked brown colours from NARS. Their quality and size is amazing, I mean how many browns do you really need right? As you can see above, I have 4 palettes of brown colours.

So in all honesty, I would recommend Naked for the makeup lovers. It's a lot of fun with Naked palette (and 2 and 3, for that matter). But if you just want ONE basic daytime look, go with one NARS Duo. Or even just two full-sized eyeshadows (a light brown and a dark brown), and you're good forever.

on 5/4/2015 2:18:00 PM

I still adore this palette. have it a few years now and constantly reach for it for day time looks and night time shadows. I love all of the colours, they all work well with blue eyes (any colour eyes I'd say) pigment and staying power is brilliant. love the package. .really can't say enough good things about this palette. will Def repurchase. .have just hit pan on a few of my favourite shades

on 5/3/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this palette in 2011, and I still find myself using it regularly for complete eye looks or to augment other palettes. It's a beautiful palette, with lots of great colors. A lot of people complain about the colors muddying together, but as I've learned more about how to do my eye makeup, I've grown to appreciate having colors that are really close together (e.g., Half Baked, Smog, and Darkhorse) because you can use them to add just a little depth to what looks like a really simple monochromatic, low-maintenance eye look -- perfect for daytime eyes on my tan skin, not to mention it makes a difference in pictures. This palette was also my first foray into mattes and showed me how professional tawny browns like Buck and Naked could look in contrast to the metallic golds and browns I always gravitated towards. Previously, I probably would have never purchased a denim blue like Gunmetal or anything pink or purple like Hustle, but now I find these shades really wearable, and I appreciate that this palette has encouraged me to stretch a little bit as far as what I consider "neutral."

So, cons: Naked isn't perfect. The quality of my Two Faced palettes and Nars palettes are slightly better in terms of color payoff and fall out, and the velvet packaging gets raggedy pretty quickly. I do find myself wishing it included a dark matte brown for smoky eyes and going out looks, and I often bring in my beloved Nars Coconut Grove single to fulfill that role. However, considering how many times Naked has been duped by both HE and DG brands, I think it's obvious that it was a game changer when it came out, and I believe it is still a palette worth having and buying today if you have warm undertones.

on 4/29/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I echo brookelynne2's sentiments.
These colours are not good if you have a cool skin tone.

Neat Packaging
Lots of shades in one container

Poor pigmentation
Deceptive colours

on 4/24/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The most over hyped eyeshadows ever, Once applied all these eyeshadows look exactly the same, dirty and ruddy, the shimmer is not a nice formula it looks glittery and greasy from a far. Waste of money. www.romyangela.blogspot.co.uk

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804