August 27, 2014 | 1957 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I lusted after this for the longest time. To put it short, I hardly use my other shadows anymore. I really find myself going to natural eye looks for just about every occasion so this palette is perfect. The gold (half baked) and rose gold (chopper) are amazing! This palette is definitely an investment but one that is totally worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised that so many people like this palette.The color pay off is terrible without a base,with the base it oxidizes.Normally I mostly use brown and nude colors but to my surprise no color from this palette seemed to really fit me.The packaging is annoying because it gets covered with dust and little fuzzy particles all the time.I ended up giving it to a friend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Urban Decay basically revolutionized the cosmetic industry when they released this palette. Even after years, It is still one of the most highly coveted palettes. It is a universal name that every beauty lover knows from beginners to advanced MUAs (even known by guys who know nothing about makeup but constantly recommended to get their girlfriends as a gift). No makeup brand can release a neutral palette without it being compared to the Naked palette. Because it is placed on such a high pedestal, no palette can ever come close to (even if it's better) the success of Urban Decay's Naked.

For example, a common complaint of UD palettes is that it lacks matte shadows. Lorac Pro took advantage and release their version containing 8 mattes. So many brands are making their own spin off versions of the Naked palette and even perfecting it (Too Faced Chocolate, Smashbox Full Exposure, Lorac Unzipped, and many more). Although Naked will always be #1, I hate to say it but other companies are just coming out with better and better versions of a neutral eye palette offering different variety, finishes, and textures. However, this palette will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Even though I rarely reach for it (too shimmery for my liking), I will never let it go because I bought this with my first ever paycheck of $90 three years ago.

Honestly, if someone asked me if they should buy this, I would suggest the Naked 1 palette BUT if they are deciding between this or Lorac/Too Faced/Smashbox/It Cosmetics, I would have to recommend the latter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful set of neutral shadows in a cute and compact package. A must have for traveling, I've gone lots of places with it and its very durable. I do wish it had more matte shadows but overall its amazing. I have very very oily skin and the shimmery/frosty shadows always always crease on me no matter what i do, only reason it didn't get 5 stars but the pigment and blend-ability of the product is awesome. nice color selection too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Jennybnguyen

I got the naked palette for my recital and used it for stage makeup and it had amazing lasting power and pigment. I even forgot to put on eye primer and after 5 hours of dancing and sweat, it was still on my eyelids and looked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by that1makeupgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This warm-toned palette is a necessity in every make-up lover's collection.
It rivals with Too Faced Natural face palette, yet is my favorite due to the bigger color selection.
The colors are amazingly pigmented, and there is a little fallout with the shimmery tones if you're not careful. However, you can create from the most basic day eyes to glamorous warm smoky eyes using this palette.
I'd buy it over and over again. The only minus is the packaging.
Naked 2 and 3 have a hard case packaging, which make them ideal for travel.
The fuzzy packaging gets dirty very quickly and the 'Naked' gold sign fades.

However, I'd recommended it for anyone who is starting out with makeup, or a collector looking for staples in their collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Marieelias

I bought this on my last trip to paris, i had heard so much about it and when i found it on Sephora i bought it right away. I am sooo glad i did! It's not cheap, but totally worth the price. I use the "naked" and "buck" shades almost everyday, altough all of the shades works for an everyday-look. I use the shimmery/glittery shades and play around with when i want to look a little bit extra fabulous (lol). The thing about the naked palette is that you can mix and match with every shade OR you can use them on its own, whatever you prefer! I LOVE it. I also got a small bottle of eye-primer that works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to buy this because of the price, but honestly it's worth it as this palette will last you such a long time. The colour range is perfect for both natural day wear and nights out, and they're so heavily pigmented that a little goes a long way. I doubt I'd use any other brand of eyeshadow at this stage!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by emmahougaard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is soo beautiful! It has gorgeous shadows, and they work so well. The shades blend in very well. The shimmery shadows are very pigmented and absolutely stunning - perfect for nights out. But, I do think that some of the shades are a bit needless. It is a bit pricey but I think it's worth it. Would probably purchase again, if I run out of it and I'm still as interested in eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really late to getting this. My grandmother gave me a $50 gift card to ulta and I wanted to buy something I wouldn't have to repurchase, at least not for a very long time. I decided on a naked palette but it took me awhile to decide which one. I chose the first one because it had a matte darkish brown shade, which I really wanted, and the colors were just overall more appealing to me. I am C7 in Mac btw. But anyway after my gift card I only had to come up with $6, which really made me happy. I literally love all the colors and have had no problems with any of them. My most used would have to be sin, half baked, sidecar, and buck. Sidecar does have some fallout but if you use a primer and apply carefully it's not that bad. These eyeshadows are SUPER pigmented, even more so that Mac I believe (though I do LOVE Mac eyeshadows). I usually only have to dip my brush in once. They last very well with a primer. I couldn't tell you how they hold up without one because I wear a primer with ALL my eyeshadows no matter the brand. This is really an investment but I doubt you will regret buying this. Today I wore naked on the lid with buck in the crease for a natural no makeup look. For my graduation I wore smog on the lid, darkhorse in the crease, half baked in the inner corner, creep in the outer V, and highlighted my brow bone with virgin. It looked GORG. LOVE LOVE LOVE