November 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Ultrabalm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by mixedgreens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, but I don't use it on my lips - I prefer a waxier lipbalm (Honeytrap!), and this is not waxy, it's just greasy. That said, I love using it around my eyes at night and on any dry patches on my face. I also like it for my cuticles, though it's a bit greasy. So, basically, I use it alone on my eyes or to "seal in" any product that I've already applied to my eyes. I find it completely non-irritating and one tub is going to last a while! One cautionary note - this stuff does become melty/greasy in hot weather, so be aware of that. I haven't tried putting it in the fridge, though this summer I may resort to that. Also, it's quite greasy once applied, so, for me anyway, this is a nighttime-only product. There is no discernible smell, but it doesn't really smell good. But the smell (which is faint) is not enough to keep me from using it. Also, it is great for traveling, since it can be used all over the body and is, I find, quite soothing to irritated skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the other LUSH Balms and had to try this one after reading all of the good reviews. It is really really gritty so I can't get over that when I use it on my lips. I'm thinking that because LUSH products are homemade and no one else has complained similarly this might be just a bad jar, but I'll try to finish it and maybe give it another shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Tirje980

I have been using this on my lips for a few days now. This is the best lip treatment i have ever tried.!! I wear lipsticks almost everyday and i want my lips to be in prime condition. The lady at LUSH recommended this Ultrabalm. And wow!! Not gonna change brand anymore now. I have tried a lot of other organic lipbalms such as trilogy, olive, etc. But LUSH Ultrabalm is the best by far. It feels gorgeous and smooth on my lips and after 1 application overnight, my dry chapped lips were transformed into smooth soft hydrated lips! i use this everyday in the morning before lipstick application and at night. And its so cheap as well! Would I buy again? YES YES YES!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This balm is fantastic and extremely pure as it only has three ingredients. It softens lips and banishes any dry patches. I normally use 8 hr cream but this does the job just as well and I love the fact that it has natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

I use this great little balm on my heels, elbows, knees, little dry patches, even on my sons eczema! Lovely natural product, great alternative to vaseline for ultra sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

Love this! This saved my awful, dried heels. This could practically be used anywhere (I would not recommend using it on the face though). I usually use this on my elbows, knees, heels, lips, or any really dry places. It is expressive where I live, about $15, but it lasts forever! I highly recommend this for those who have really dry patches that are hard to moisturize. If it can save my heels, then it can save your dry patches!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by organicjunkiee

Love this lip balm, it's rich soothing and all natural doesn't contain any preservative or fragrance ,it's not fancy lip balm but it works like magic on ma dehydrated lips.and quantity is a lot for the amount u pay for it,last really long ...but doesn't contain SPF which is ok for me cause I use Neutrogena lip balm with SPF when I am out in da sun

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

I've been using this every day since I got it and also bought one for my mum (she loves it too). So far I've only used it as a lip balm but can definitely see myself using it for other things if the need arises. I've always had very dry lips and they get really bad especially with changing seasons. This and Lush's lip scrubs have been the best thing thats ever happened to my lips. I love that this balm only has a few ingredients and actually sinks into my lips instead of just sitting on top of them and it feels like it really is moisturising. You also get soooo much product for only 7.90!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for my hair to smooth the frizz and it works so well plus I feel good knowing its natural and I can use it on my lips as well :)
Its an excellent all purpose balm.
I don't think any balm is particularly moisturizing for lips tho so I only use this on top of moisture as a sealant, it doesn't feel greasy and melts away to leave smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

not gunna lie... this product.... AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! i have a tin in my bag, one at home and i gave another tin to my grandmother who adores the stuff!!!!!
Uses
-nails and cuticles
-hand moisturizer (i generally use tiny hands and then use this to seal it all in or just this by itself)
-lip balm of course!!
-dry areas around my nose, elbows, knees and heels ( i use a tool to take the balm out when doing heels cause no one wants foot scented ultrabalm ^.^)
-eyebrow placement to keep hairs in check

and im sure ill find more ways to use this!! and ive used it for so many things and theres still so much of it left!! im hooked and will continue to repurchase over and over again and if it is ever discontinued ill be buying all in sight at the local store!! ^.^