LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/22/2012 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! I bought it as a cheap alternative to my tin of Antipodes Skin Saviour, and although the Ultrabalm isn't as luxurious (and doesn't smell as nice) as the Antipodes stuff, it's a quarter of the price, so I'm happy.

It's winter here, so I'm finding it hard to get out of the tin, but that's to be expected when it has Jojoba oil in it. Jojoba's actually a wax, so it has that slightly grainy feel to it, and doesn't spread in the way an oil would, but it just means lots of little applications, instead of one big one.

So far I've used it as a night cream, eye cream, lip balm, cuticle conditioner, spot moisturiser (for keratosis, eczema and dry knees) and tattoo care cream. It hasn't failed me yet!

Also, the tin is great, really easy to open, but doesn't come apart in my bag.

If you're reading this though, Ultrabalm ISN'T a lip treatment... it's in the wrong category. It's an all-round skin balm.

on 6/27/2012 11:46:00 PM

I purchased this balm a couple of weeks ago when I went into the LUSH store to pick up my favourite soap.

Basically this is a very natural product with only three ingredients, Jojoba oil, Candelilla wax and Rose wax.

I was surprised when I first opened this balm because it is really hard, like candle wax hard, I was expecting to be able to swipe and apply like most other balms.

Has no fragrance, for some reason I thought Rose because of the Rose wax but it just smells like wax.

With this you need to rub your finger across the surface until the friction melts some of the balm to oil and then you can apply it to your skin.

It is oily but not overly greasy. It applies well and you can use it on just about anything.

The label says "for bits that chap and chafe", so far I have used it as a balm for lines on my face, round my eyes, my lips, dry spots on my skin, scars and massaged into the ends of my hair.

I like that the oil absorbs easily into my skin and there is no greasy after feel. Leaves my skin feeling soft, moisturised and helps plump out those pesky frown lines.

I don't particularly like it as a lip balm, I find it too thin and it doesn't stay on your lips but I like to smooth it around my lip area because it is a great moisturiser and then I add lip balm.

You get 45g of balm in a tin with a screw on lid, which is a great bonus as anyone who has wrestled with a lip balm lid which just won't come off will testify.

Great value as a little goes a long way and one tin should last you a very long time.

Anyone who loves the idea of an all purpose natural product would love this balm, I do

on 6/1/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Doesn't really moisturise my lips at all and has a thick, grainy, lumpy texture. Definitely will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I used this in addition to sweet almond oil to cleanse on a whim. Whilst I'm not mad on the texture, it does make a nice nourishing addition to my oil cleansing routine when my skin feels dry.

on 4/27/2012 12:24:00 PM

I really like this product, but I don't use it on my lips - I prefer a waxier lipbalm (Honeytrap!), and this is not waxy, it's just greasy. That said, I love using it around my eyes at night and on any dry patches on my face. I also like it for my cuticles, though it's a bit greasy. So, basically, I use it alone on my eyes or to "seal in" any product that I've already applied to my eyes. I find it completely non-irritating and one tub is going to last a while! One cautionary note - this stuff does become melty/greasy in hot weather, so be aware of that. I haven't tried putting it in the fridge, though this summer I may resort to that. Also, it's quite greasy once applied, so, for me anyway, this is a nighttime-only product. There is no discernible smell, but it doesn't really smell good. But the smell (which is faint) is not enough to keep me from using it. Also, it is great for traveling, since it can be used all over the body and is, I find, quite soothing to irritated skin.

on 4/16/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the other LUSH Balms and had to try this one after reading all of the good reviews. It is really really gritty so I can't get over that when I use it on my lips. I'm thinking that because LUSH products are homemade and no one else has complained similarly this might be just a bad jar, but I'll try to finish it and maybe give it another shot.

on 4/5/2012 8:58:00 PM

I have been using this on my lips for a few days now. This is the best lip treatment i have ever tried.!! I wear lipsticks almost everyday and i want my lips to be in prime condition. The lady at LUSH recommended this Ultrabalm. And wow!! Not gonna change brand anymore now. I have tried a lot of other organic lipbalms such as trilogy, olive, etc. But LUSH Ultrabalm is the best by far. It feels gorgeous and smooth on my lips and after 1 application overnight, my dry chapped lips were transformed into smooth soft hydrated lips! i use this everyday in the morning before lipstick application and at night. And its so cheap as well! Would I buy again? YES YES YES!!

on 1/10/2012 9:23:00 AM

This balm is fantastic and extremely pure as it only has three ingredients. It softens lips and banishes any dry patches. I normally use 8 hr cream but this does the job just as well and I love the fact that it has natural ingredients.

on 12/1/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this great little balm on my heels, elbows, knees, little dry patches, even on my sons eczema! Lovely natural product, great alternative to vaseline for ultra sensitive skin!

on 11/19/2011 3:41:00 AM

Love this! This saved my awful, dried heels. This could practically be used anywhere (I would not recommend using it on the face though). I usually use this on my elbows, knees, heels, lips, or any really dry places. It is expressive where I live, about $15, but it lasts forever! I highly recommend this for those who have really dry patches that are hard to moisturize. If it can save my heels, then it can save your dry patches!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this lip balm, it's rich soothing and all natural doesn't contain any preservative or fragrance ,it's not fancy lip balm but it works like magic on ma dehydrated lips.and quantity is a lot for the amount u pay for it,last really long ...but doesn't contain SPF which is ok for me cause I use Neutrogena lip balm with SPF when I am out in da sun

Popular Lip Treatments