October 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor In Love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I have always wanted to buy Tresor (the original) but always hesitated because it seemed just too heavy. Then I came across 'Tresor In Love' and even though its not the same as the oringial one, i still find it lovely for the spring/summer months. Its fresh, light and romantic. The lasting power isn't the greatest even though it claims to be a EDP but I can see myself wear this alot this spring/summer season. It barely lasts 3 hours on me. The bottle is so beautiful - simple and classic. Not a fan of the body lotion though as I find it doesn't smell the same as the EDP. EDIT: I have worn this continuously for a two weeks and sadly to say I'm not loving it as I did the first few days I had bought it. It smells too generic for my liking and the drydown is nothing special. I will give this away to relatives as I'm not a fan of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jessicalinnea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review here on MUA, and I think that this perfume is the perfect first product to do a review on.

I'm In Love, totally in love with this perfume! It smells soooo good, I can't live without it! I love it so much that I only use it for special occasions, I don't want it to ever run out. The smell is fruity yet with a bit of musk, I would say it is a really seductive smell.

PRO - Here in Sweden you can buy a set of this perfume and get the shower cream and body lotion too, they both smell exactly as the perfume. Lovely! I have found that if you take a little of the body lotion and put it on your neck, behind your ears, and then spray the perfume on, the fragrance stays on alot longer than without the body lotion.

I love this scent and I will buy it again, when my bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe finding the right perfume is an individual thing and reading reviews isn't always the best way to find one that suits you. It's very, very nice but I'm still searching for my signature scent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been meaning to review this...I wanted a new purfume at Christmas and heard Tresor had one out. I had been admiring that Tresor advert with that actress on it and I loved the way they said the purfume and it looked all sophisticated. I heard the perfume in the advert was ok but nothing special so never purchased it. Then recently I heard they had a lighter and better smelling version so I thought I wouyld indulge as it looked sophiscated and pretty in a romatic bottle with a rose wearable elasticated ring thing over the top of the bottle. Also it had a lovely blush colour and looked girly. I saw it in a sale and went with it.
My boyfriend discribed the smell as soft - well he doesnt work at a fragrance store bless him but I think he means light but he repeated soft nodding apprecaiteively. It is light and romantic and slightly floral, I really cant pinpoint much barely a rose but not a rose fragrance but I cant identify much. But I like it aas it is suttle and simply feminine and non offensive. Like as if a man wouldnt know you were wearing a fragrance and perhaps you just smelt nice like a sultry female but a natural woman scent.
I read this fragranceis class for the modern older woman. So I gather that is me. I like it as it does have a timeless scent and I probably wont buy this again but if they again upgrade this or make it longer lasting in terms of scent or perhaps another version with fruit then yes I am buying. But this fragrance is a safe bet for the older classic perfume loving fan of chanels and the like. Get it for mothers or ladies in their thirties and beyond as it is classy and has a slight powder to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of the Christmas gift's I received from my dear husband and not a fragrance I would be attracted to. Original Tresor I'm familiar with and to be honest never personally cared for (turned too green for my chemistry) but admired when others wore. Many refer to Tresor as a mature scent for a buxom peach satin clad woman and have really beaten up on the fragrance. I don't share their vitriol. Back to Tresor In Love I actually find this a breath of fresh air compared to my usual fragrance sensibilities (Opium-Shalimar-Wish-Le Baisir du Dragon..). My DH is obsessed with lighter floral citrus based scents and gets hot and bothered when he smells any fragrance that contains grapefruit notes. Go figure. And for that reason he purchased this for me. I am a self proclaimed lover of complex spice/incense/sandalwood/bergamot fragrances and I'd wear them all at once if I could. My scent reflects my personality which is very intense discerning and far too passionate for my own good. DH purchased this to lighten my spirit and free up my energy. How touching. I guess. Anyway this is less green than Tresor but more energized. Although this is floral it has a little something that IMO makes it femme for other reasons. Don't be led astray by disparaging reviews. This is a scent that morphs as your wearing it and that's what makes this intriguing. TIL opens warm with a peach and floral violet with a hint of musk and citrus/cedar. As the scent warms on the skin the floral note takes a step back and your chemistry decides which note to pull up however the final scent will not stray too far from the initial spritz but it will be fuller and slightly sweet. My chemistry pulled up pear cedar and rose. I won't slap any ugly labels on this but will say that if your looking to update your fragrance wardrobe this would be a good start. I'm climbing out of my scent rut and into the arms of Tresor In Love.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I’m not sure if I really like this scent. I used to wear Trèsor many years ago because I had sniffed it on some friends and it was heavenly on them and I fell in love with it, so I bought it, and I enjoyed it for a while. But then, maybe because of my chemistry, or because my nose got used of it and I sprayed a bigger amount, it turned very heavy on me and I abandoned it for many years. When I saw the new reworked and much lighter edition I was curious to try it. Yes, it is nice and pleasant but the beginning is sharp in a nasty way that upset my nose. The heart otherwise, is very lovely, crispy, bright, bloomy, fruity and delicious in a certain way, like the original Trèsor used to be. The dry down then turns back in an almost unpleasant sticky artificial sweet pear smell and doesn't last very long. So I don’t know if I would buy a full bottle, as there are many scents I actually like much more from the beginning to the end, including the original Trèsor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ecstatice

This frangrance is just my style, it is sweet but with a kick! I love it so much and the packaging is simply too cute!
HOW IT SMELLS:
slightly floral, with a small kick of spice, tiny hint of musk
gets sweeter throughout the day, and it also gets deeper and more musky

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by merilm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this parfume. So good, so romantic, so soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ramen91

My first choice is actually either Miss Dior Cherie or Anna Sui's Flight of Fancy but there's a road show advertising for Tresor in Love and I just walked over and had a whiff and I'm really impressed.

I'm not perfume connoisseur, so I'm just going to describe from my point of view.

When I first sprayed it on, I don't really like the smell. I think its abit heavy as I don't like strong fragrance at all. But after 5 minutes or so, it changed into something very soft and tender, I don't know what's the word, but it smells very smooth and clean and I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

Another thing is, the bottle looks really pretty with the flower on.

But I probably won't repurchase cause a bottle can last me for about a year or less and by that time, I would have gotten bored of it and moved on to another fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by FruitDiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My boss, knowing that I have more than a passing interest in fragrance, presented me with a sample of this, saying that her husband was considering buying it for her for their anniversary but she wasn't sure about it. I dumped some on my wrist, expecting the worst, and the worst is what I got.
After a few minutes, I told her that it was so cartoonishly feminine that it seemed like drag, and brought to mind pink embroidered pillows and canopy beds and ruffles. Later, as it became even stronger, pinker, and more chemical, I downgraded my opinion to: a Baby Jane version of femininity, a classless, delusional woman stupidly choosing the pinkest girliest youngest perfume in order to seem youthful and optimistic to others.

Baby Jane nightmare. It's hard to believe the name isn't a joke- it makes Midnight in Paris seem sophisticated. I just want to smash its romantic optimism with an oversized bottle of Dune, or something.

21 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No