August 22, 2014 | 1800 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Dial Up

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by fhnoel1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will start out by saying I got this item for a dollar from my local Dollar Tree. The dial on this products doesn't seem to do anything different. With that aside, I do want to say that I LOVE this mascara anyways. It made/makes my lashes look natural, but still longer and voluminous. It did not clump at all for me, and I put on two coats. The second coat was applied while the first one was still wet. After it was dry, my lashes were still flexible and didn't flake even after I rubbed on them a bit. Even though the dial doesn't really do anything, it is still god.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by rubyannbyf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I originally bought this mascara on sale for $4 in Black Brown. I didn't like it much. I recently found it at the Dollar Tree and decided to give it another try in Black. It works pretty good, especially for a dollar. The formula is a little too wet but it lengthens my lashes really well. It thickens okay. I keep the dial between 1-2. If the dial is on 3 WAY too much product gets in the brush and makes applying it really messy. The brush is plastic, which is okay but would work better with longer bristles. I may buy more if I go back to the Dollar Tree, I would not buy it again at retail price though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by roseofthedevilsgarden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara at Dollar Tree, they had tons of them in 3 different colors, black, brown and blackest black. I got one in blackest black since i have black eyelashes anyway. Lately as im on a budget i cannot afford to spend tons of money on make up and now even 7 or 8 bucks for a mascara is too expensive for me. Anyway i took it home and tried it and i was pleasantly surprised, it is a great mascara. The dial doesn't do much except coat the brush with more mascara. I keep mine on 1 because for me even on 1 it can get clumpy. I normally don't wear any eye make up except for mascara and this mascara makes my lashes look nice and long and a bit more thick. I ended up buying about 2 more tubes since I don't see the point in stocking up on them if 1 tube lasts me about 3 months and they might dry out by the time i actually use the rest. Anyway it was a great bargain and a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been thinking of buying this mascara for sometime when I came a crossed it at my local dollar store. I bought the black one and was excited to try it out when I got home. I found the bristle too small to do me much good and that the brush was rather clumpy. It gave me alright length and volume but I had to sit and play with it for awhile to make sure it wasn't clumpy. No raccoon eyes or flakes.

I ended up giving it to my mom, who likes it enough to use it up. I will not be re-purchasing. Even from a dollar store.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was confused with using this product for two reasons (and how I fixed one of them):
>The Price: I found it at the dollar store, for a dollar. Yet, it retails at the moment in some places for $8. I don't know if I am getting the rejects at the dollar store, but it does not smell funny and the product seems fine. Just goes to show you it pays to look around even for the less expensive items. Or I am getting ripped off...

>When I first used it, it was really clumpy and messy. Granted, I have weird eyelashes that can easily clump any mascara. However, I fixed this but putting it on the lowest setting and swiping it on a tissue before applying. Now, it works awesome, and has had some great staying power. It will be something great to throw in my travel bag or in my purse. If it keeps applying as it has, I will probably would repurchase again, as long as I can get it for a cheaper than $8. (Where it was $8 was Harris Teeter which tends to jack up the prices)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by joy85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this at the Dollar Tree and bought it for... you guessed it! $1! I was pretty excited to find such a good deal. I don't mess around with the dials too much (it's left on 2). It's excellent at lengthening and gives me extremely long lashes. As for volume, I don't see very much volume, but that's ok because I have plenty of mascaras that give me volume, but I find lengthening to be more rare in mascaras. If I see them again at the Dollar Tree, I plan on stocking up and buy some more. I was pretty impressed with the quality dispite some bad reviews I read.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After about a week of use, I can say with confidence that this is the best drug store mascara I've used. One coat under and over my lashes give me great natural looking coverage and my lashes appear super long and soft, not spiky and hard. I always give my mascara a test run by sleeping in it (I know it's bad) to see how bad the 'Panda Eye' will be...this will give me some idea about smudging.......I didn't experience any smudging at all with this, just flaking. I haven't experienced any dry or falling lashes either. I like the fat tube because it's easy to grasp and I adore the brush. I think the 'dial up' gimmickry is really unnecessary and a waste. The mascara is wonderful all on it's own. Because of clumping and flaking, I only use it on setting '1'. EDIT (8/9/2012) I NEED TO EDIT THIS REVIEW BECAUSE THE PERFORM OF THIS MASCARA ISN'T WHAT I THOUGHT. IT SMUDGES LIKE CRAZY!!! IT SMUDGES SO BAD THAT I CAN NO LONGER USE IT. MY EYELASHES ARE LONG, SO I END UP WITH DARK BLACK CIRCLES DOWN TO MY CHEEKS BY THE END OF THE DAY. IT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have been testing and trying this mascara for about 2 weeks now and think ive decided i really like this mascara. i like to give mascara time to settle and dry a bit (not in a bad way) and i love the brush & formula of this.
PRICE- i was lucky to have picked this up at my Big Lots for $3 but i know in drugstores & walmart, target this will cost $6-7 around there. i do think almay is always a bit overpriced (not like Loreal is) but this mascara is great but Maybelline makes some great ones for a few dollars less
SHADE/FORMULA- i purchased mine in Black. im not informed on how many shades this mascara comes in but im sure the typical brownish black shades. i normally go for brown/blacks since i just like to add definition & volume but black is not really dark like some blacks can be. so if you are looking for a really pigmented super black, this isnt it. (they may have an even darker shade but i dont think they do) but i find the formula not too wet or drying. its in the middle. the formula seems more like a mousse consistency but like all mascaras, the formula changes over time, so far so good. the formula helps coat my lashes and provide definition and lift. i dont often curl my lashes since for some reason eyelash curlers always pinch me no matter what i try so i do have long slightly curled lashes to begin with. this does lift and seperate.
PACKAGING- this is very gimmicky. meaning there is 3 steps or 3 ways to use this mascara. so with level 1 being the stopper will take off the the most mascara and up to level 3 meaning more mascara will be left on the wand. so if you want more mascara, you "dial up" to level 2 or 3. i dont mind it but i typically stay at level 1 and reapply coats that way. ive tried each step. step 3 for me is too much and it ends up clumping but the wand does help to seperate the clumps pretty well. i do think its smart though and genius they did it. so we the consumers can decide how much mascara we want to be on the wand instead of dipping over and over or scraping off all the unwanted mascara. it comes in a white plastic tube w/ purple lettering and the "dial" that turns. this is easy to open & close. i like the purple writing, it simple and clean. overall, the idea is great and the wand is what i like too. this is not your typical bristle wand, its the plastic spikes wand which i like since the tend to grab and separates my lashes alot easier w/ less clumping.
overall, mascara is a thing that most people will either agree or disagree on since we all have different lashes and what we expect or want. i happen to have fallen in love with this. the whole dial up concept is wonderful and it makes me feel like i have options. the formula is great for defining and separating your lashes and it does provide a lift to my lashes. this makes my lashes look slightly longer and opens my eyes. almay really did something unique with this mascara. i like it and it works with my lashes. i would def rebuy if i find it on sell again, it may be worth the full price but im not sure. i like to see how the mascara works til they expire so ill update then.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by KutieKMK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! Settings don't make that much difference, except the higher you go, the more clumps you get. But on setting 1/2, my lashes are super long and defined!!! Definitely only need one coat. One of the best mascaras I've ever tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara it gives my lashes length.but its nothing to great.