LUSH Full of Grace Serum Bar

Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum murumuru), Calamine Powder, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa damascena), Organic Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Perfume, Fresh Portobello Mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Citronellol, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool

on 12/28/2013 6:44:00 PM

AMAZING! Love this product! I have really dry skin & as a serum/face oil goes I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own without adding rose hip oil over the top however, I use this everyday as an 'anti-acne' agent. The 1st bar of this I purchased I noticed my (regular) hormonal breakouts weren't as prominent or one would've known looking at my face that I actually had any pimples. They also fully cleared much quicker than normal. When I ran out of the 1st bar I wasn't going to repurchase, however after two days I had a massive breakout.....I repurchased as it was the only thing I had changed in my routine....after a couple of applications the redness was gone ' my skin was noticeably clearer. After battling adult acne & hormonal breakouts (despite having dry, dry skin) for well over 10 years with regular use of this serum I barely get any blemishes at all!!! I simply would not be without it now!!! I would urge lush to make a tin for it though.....I struggle to store the product well....

on 12/13/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

this product has me conflicted.

for one thing, this serum does not have a designated tin that they sell to store it in, but trust me when i say you WILL need one. i had to bring my own so i wouldn't have another one melt on me and become unsalvagable.

serums aren't cheap in the first place, so fifteen dollars didnt seem that much even though it appeared small, and i figured maybe the solid form meant i'd be using less because the product was compact, but now i'm not so sure. i can already see the wear on the bar and i've only had this one for maybe a week. i haven't even used it every day. i love the smell and the effect it has on my skin, especially in the winter. it leaves me feeling glowy somehow. but as far as the price, i have to hesitate.

on 12/9/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. The scent is divine. It is really moisturizing and seems to agree with my skin so far. No dodgy winter skin so far!

It is expensive for a very very small bar but it seems to be lasting really well. It doesn't really work under make up though - my foundation goes patchy over it so I think its best used at night.

on 11/4/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this little thing. Perfect for my winter skin, gets dry easily but nothing too gnarly. I put this on before bed every night and I swear it helps calm pimples so much. Also skin looks just generally more supple, even, and brighter. Just melts right in and smells delicious. I've attributed this to my sleepy time smell. No complaints except its hard to travel with, but what can they do? I just have them put mine in a little tin (that their hard shampoos come in) and it fits perfectly. BUT if I know that I won't be home immediately and its warm outside, I have them put it in their plastic containers, because if it melts I can just refrigerate and it holds it's shape. I would NEVER put it in one of their paper bags, if it melts, you're out $15.

on 10/30/2013 4:47:00 AM

I am majorly in love with this serum bar. I've never used a serum in a bar form before I started using this. I had to throw out my last bar as I left it in the bathroom which got too hot with the afternoon sun and it melted, spreading throughout a lot of my cosmetics. Sadly, I threw it away and forgot about it. However, I recently popped into a LUSH store (which involves going to another country as there's no LUSH in Malaysia) and bought a new serum bar.
I am so glad I did! I have combination skin and by combination I mean it's oily so I use oil control products then it becomes dry, so I use products for dry skin and it becomes oily!
This serum seems to calm my skin down a lot, takes away the redness, makes my skin feel 'comfortable' (not tight) and makes my skin smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm really loving the benefits.
I know others have said they can't use it in the morning, but I work from home so I have time to let it sink in before applying makeup. But I can understand if time was of the essence this would take too long sinking in.
Can you believe I actually re-apply this at midday after a quick splash of water to freshen up? My skin is absorbing this like air.
It's a great price for the benefits it offers, but be careful how you store it. I had mine in the paper bag it came with but the bag was becoming 'oily' and I was worried the paper was drawing the benefits from the bar so I've now got it in a LUSH shampoo bar tin which seems to be working fine. Just be very careful to store this in a cool place because it melts very easily.

Once again, I'm wishing for a "Maybe" button on the repurchase option. I've been using this product nightly for two weeks.

I want to love this, but and there are things I love about it, but I'm not convinced it's for me.

It smells AMAZING - at least as good as anything else in a LUSH store, and the best thing about LUSH for me is always the scents.

Reviewers on the their site stated that this was too greasy, but maybe they are not used to putting oils on their face. I don't find this to be any greasier than any other oil I use, but it is just not that moisturizing for me. I put this on at night, and really want to wake up to an improvement, but it just doesn't impress me much.

I do love that it is solid, but if you don't live near a LUSH store, this, along with their other solid massage bars, can't be shipped to you during the hot months without it arriving as a little plastic envelope full of, well, oil. So if you really liked it, you'd have to stock up in the cooler months. I'm in Florida, so there are only three of those for me. I love flying with the bars because I have to take less liquids when I travel, though.

I gave it four lippies on the price, because It is a very small bar for $15. That being said, I may need to edit at some point, due to the fact that I'm not sure how long it will last me.

If you live near a store and you're a LUSH skincare fan, give it a whirl. If nothing else, it's a really nice scent. If they make a perfume with this scent, I will definitely purchase and repurchase, but I'm on the fence about how full of grace this little serum bar is for my skin.

on 8/17/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I work in dermatology, I've tried every single moisturizer on the market, it took a serum bar (oil) to make me feel hydrated. So far I've had it for about a week, and I use it in the morning under my SPF and again after I shower. Again, keep in mind my skin is really really really dry, so it soaks in alot quicker than it would on most people. The price is on point too!

on 8/1/2013 9:49:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this product! I am seriously obsessed with it. I use it at least twice a week depending on how my skin looks and feels. I use it only at night because of how "greasy" it is under a moisturizer (typically LUSH's Vanishing Cream) and wake up in the morning with smooth and soft skin. It has seriously worked wonders for the dry skin around the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows. I don't just use it in those spots though, I use it over my entire face (and I have combination skin) and it does not make my skin extra oily or anything like that. I previously used 100% Pure Argan Oil from Josie Maran, which I still do use occasionally (mostly just to finish it off, since this works SO much better on my face at least, I still love Josie Maran for my cuticles, elbows, knees and hands!). Unlike some others, I really don't mind the smell of Full of Grace. I don't know exactly what it smells like but it is rather light, not too overpowering, and it does not seem to last long, or at least I do not notice it after awhile.

Packaging wise, I just store it in one of the little tins that LUSH has for sale, but I'm sure it could be in a bag or just left out but it will melt. I do not mind rubbing it between my hands, except i find that I usually get too much product. So I just leave it in the tin, and rub my clean fingers on the bar a couple times and get the perfect amount. Price wise, it may seem expensive at first, but it is cheaper than Argan Oil and lasts for a decent amount of time. I will definitely repurchase!

I noticed that there is not a list of ingredients on this page, so for anyone who was wondering, I looked in the LUSH catalog and it says "Portebello and Rose Serum" as well as "packed with moisturizing butters, fresh extracts, and soothing floral oils to hydrate and improve skin's elasticity." For $14.95 U.S. this stuff really is what miracles are made of.

on 7/31/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this was really moisturizing but it did break me out when I first started using it. I suggest using it in the winter or when your skin is really dry because it can be too heavy during the summer. It's a solid bar but it will melt a bit to your body temperature and leave you with a thick cream or oil that you rub on your face. It has a subtle smell of roses. It takes a few minutes to fully sink in. I use it at night and when I wake up, I am left with super soft, moisturized skin. It lasts long so I think it's ok for the price. For the packaging, there is none. This could be a problem because it can melt and it gets oily when you use it so you probably don't want it rubbing on other things. You can keep it in a Tupperware or ziplock bag.

on 6/25/2013 2:56:00 PM

I have mostly normal skin, a little oily here, a little dry there. This works wonderful! I use it after a shower and face scrub of Lush's Ocean Salt. The combination of these two cleared up my dry patches on the side of my nose and in my eyebrow that was peeling and annoying. I barely use any between my fingers and apply all over my face, especially those areas. I have to do this at least twice a week or those patches want to return. Remarkable.

Popular Treatments (Face)