Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 7/6/2012 9:16:00 PM

The color and pigmentation of this gel eyeliner is pretty good. However, like many gel eyeliners that I have reviewed, this is on the basis of using gel eyeliners on my upper waterline which is a method called "tightlining". This eyeliner did not work because it would smudge on the outer corners after a few hours of wear. It was good to try it out but obviously back to Sephora it goes!

on 6/29/2012 1:20:00 PM

This was my first gel eyeliner I purchased and I recommend it for first time users. The big draw was that the brush was included with the eyeliner pot. It goes on really smoothly and it sets within a couple of seconds but it's not as long-lasting as I hoped. If you want staying power, it definitely needs primer to hold it down.

on 5/28/2012 8:51:00 PM

Love this eyeliner. Even on the most humid days and through allergy season this eyeliner doesn't budge. It can be applied lightly for a sheer look or a little heavier for a bolder look. I will never use another eyeliner!

on 5/28/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this for CAD $29. So that makes it like $15 for the brush & gel liner. This is actually my first gel liner. I've only tried liquid or pencil (but find both stray) this actually stays on ALL day, does not smudge or give me a raccoon eye effect later on in the day. It's a nice dark black and is easy enough to work with. I'm not too crazy for the brush, but it is nice. I just don't know how to store it since I lost the protective cap for the one end :(. I will buy again when I run out.

on 5/10/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dries immediately upon meeting AIR. Doesn't go on smooth. I had to redo my entire eye afterwards bc this stuff is the worst. Waste of money. But i kept the brush : )

on 5/6/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice, natural eyeliner. I love that it comes with it's own brush which makes the whole thing a pretty decent value, and I like that it glides on smoothly.

on 4/16/2012 5:57:00 PM

I really like this product. I got it in black a sampler pack (I guess that's what you'd call it!) agt Ulta with some eye shadows and a lip stain. I bought it a while back so I don't remember all the details. :) I've taken up tightlining after a LM makeover and watching some YT videos. I don't normally use waterproof makeup, and didn't realize this was WP, but it washes off really easily. It lasts all day, and stays put. It works well for tightlining - for me - and love the way it makes my eyes pop. I would probably buy this again, but it's going to last me forever!

on 3/24/2012 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was really excited to try these liners when they came out. I immediately bought the bronze one. It was perfect for summer. It's a very beautiful shimmery brown. It's a very smooth formula. I actually really liked using it as an eyeshadow base across my entire lid. The two sided brush it comes with is really great. I use it to apply most of my cream liners. I honestly didn't use it that much since I have so many other products, but a bit into the fall when I went to use it again, it was completely dried out! I was very disappointed at this and it ended up being a waste of a great product (and my money). So if you want to get your money's worth, I recommend this for someone who will use it every day.

on 3/18/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is sort of a comparison between this product, and my first love, Blacktrack.

I first tried this when I bought a Tarte value pack from Sephora. I wasn't expecting anything special, but this product wowed me. For a little while, it completely replaced my MAC Blacktrack.

I find that this stays on my lower lash line better than Blacktrack, but it still migrates by the end of the day. I'm not sure if I have exceptionally watery lids, but I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put all day. It runs mostly in my outer corner, where my eyes are the most watery but stays put very nicely every where else, which is a huge improvement over Blacktrack.

This product does dry out very quickly, but I found that this increases the staying power on my waterline. However, it makes lining my upper lash line quite difficult.

The perfect combination for me is to use Blacktrack on my upper lash line and this product on my lower lash line. I've yet to find a better combination, and am quite pleased with the results.

on 3/11/2012 7:04:00 PM

My very first review on MUA!

Eyeliner is a must in my world, so I have and will reviews for other liners I have tried in the past.

I really like Tarte and it's environmental philosophy, not to mention good products and great packaging.

Sadly, their emphasEYES eyeliner is not a clear winner for me.

I bought both the "black" and "bronze" colours, which I would give two ratings for. The main difference, besides the colour, is the staying power. I find that with most black liners, because of the bags under my eyes, tend to lose it's staying power over time, and I end up having an embarrassing black ring underneath my eye from smiling too much! Unfortunately, the black isn't any different than other brands, and leaves this horrid ring.

The bronze colour, however, had a much stronger staying power, and it has a slight shimmer which I think is great for Summer. Although I still recommend the bronze, I think it is better suited for individuals who have a warmer skin tone as it is more of a copper-brown.

The big plus with this product? Two-sided brush that comes with!