September 16, 2014 | 2162 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This def makes me glad i never can afford HE makeup because this is def a dupe for Nars Albatross. It may be slightly more powdery than soft like Nars but considering the price difference its not that bad. This is an amazing highlighter for anyone!
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
Elf Gotta Glow is available in the studio line section of blushes on the Elf site. You can also find this at some Target stores depending on your location. The price is only $3 like most of the studio line products. Its so amazing how little you pay for an amazing product!
=SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE=
Gotta Glow may be claimed to be a "blush" but its a HIGHLIGHTER..its a ivory white powder with a golden silver shimmer to it. Its not shimmer so much as a sheen to it. It looks amazing on anyones skin. Im super pale but ive used it on darker skintones & it can look great too- no matter what undertone you have, cool, warm, neutral, this will work. This is meant to be use to highlight areas where the sun shall hit you & want to stand up. opposite of contouring. I love to use this on my upper cheek bones around the temples. Above the eyebrows, & cupids bow. it can be applied with fingers, or brushes. I have used this w/ a fan brush or a fluffy brush. the less dense the bristles/hairs are, the more natural this will look. you dont want to pile it on so it looks like you put a whole bunch of shimmer on your face. If used correctly, this will make you look like you have a inner glow to you. I know some say that more oily skin types may want to stand clear of highlighters but i think powder h/ls will work best. I love the formula. its soft, smooth, easy to apply & blend. The shimmers you see in the pan rarely show up on the skin. I always tap my brush since i like to apply sheer layers & build up than look crazy foolish. This powder is finely milled w little to no fillers. Its not chalky or hard. it stays put on my normal skin for around 6 hrs or so without fading. I use face primer as well. Id suggest using a cream/liquid h/l underneath & top with this if you need it to stay a little longer since its almost your base for the powder to stick to. i do this sometimes if im going to be out awhile. Its great. its just like the studio powder blushes, so pretty on the skin. They feel great to the touch. Great highlighter for such a great cost!
=PACKAGING=
I love the Elf Studio packaging. its soo similar to the Nars packaging. the nars albatross is so similiar for a little piece of the price you'd pay for the it. I love the matte flat black square compact with snap shut lid. The lid contains a see thru window to see what shade is inside. Its the same size of the studio blushes. The back has a little sticker w/ shade name on it. The inside you get a little mini mirror which is nice. The back end is a huge pan of highlighter/powder. Its sooo much it will take me forever to get through! you get tons of product. The packaging looks expensive. doesnt feel cheap. its sturdy & compact. great for on the go or makeup travel bags. Its very pretty to lay out. Its slim but still holds a whole bunch of product safely! great packaging!
Overall, this is probably one of my favorite highlighters- its so pretty on the skin. it makes me look healthy & fresh! can be used all year round for the inner glow. I love it & def will repurchase if i ever get through it. its so surprising that it only cost a few dollars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I fell in love with NARS Albatross but as it is outrageously expensive, cannot justify buying it.

As all the blogs said, this is an excellent dupe. I find it a liiiiittle too gold, but otherwise it's almost identical. And who knows how Albatross looks outside the flattering lights of the Sephora store. I haven't had any problem with powderiness or blending. There really is no reason to waste your money on NARS while this product exists.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by blondyyy

like it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this product every single day. I have really pale skin with neutral undertones, and I was afraid this would look to chalky/light on me. But it's actually really beautiful. I find that a brush applies too much, so I use my fingertips to blend a little of this into my cheekbones, on my brow bone, and down the center of my nose. It adds a beautiful glow that, as long as it's blended properly, isn't powdery looking at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great natural, not too obvious, great glow highlight :)
PROS
**Cheap price
**Nice packaging
**Good amount of product
**Great golden highlight
**Gives a good, natural glow that blends very well into my blushes
**Not too obvious of a highlight

CONS
**Can be a little powdery
**If not blended out well it can look a little chalky but I haven't even had a problem with that. I'm just saying that from right when I swipe it on without blending it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkandgreendotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is terrible!!!! I've enjoyed all of my ELF studio blushes that I've purchased so I thought that I would love this as well. Boy was I wrong, while this does have a lovely color to it, a subtle highlight with some gold shimmer, it is way, way, way too chalky. It applies terribly and looks powdery and completely obvious. On top of that it pretty much started breaking and cracking after I had it for like a week. I definitely do not recommend this, it looks way too cakey and powdery on the face!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good product but its not for me. I'm cool skinned fair girl and I think a gold highlighter doesn't look right except maybe on cheekbones. This product like a couple other elf products don't seem to last on my skin very well. If you like goldish highlighters this will probably work for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great shimmer/highlighter. I use a fan brush to apply it as a highlighter on my cheek bones, and use it under the arch of my eye brows to highlight my eyes. Would definitely purchase this again, especially because the quality for the price is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I found recently that my local Kmart carries Elf Studio products now, along with the $1 line, so the price for this is really good at $3. On the ELF website you can find from time to time deals, and when I purchased this I believe I paid $1.50. The packaging is really good, similar to NARS packaging (except my NARS packaging gets super dirty, not my ELF packaging!) The product it self is slightly shimmery, I find the shimmer to be slightly gold. I don't find this chalky like other reviewers have said. I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones, and down my nose, etc. I also use this as a highlighter for my eyes. I have quite a few highlights, and this is my favorite one to use all the time! Perfect for all year around, and it applys beautiful on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Wow, I love this so much., It's my first powder highlighter and I can't believe how easier this is to use than cream/liquid/stick ones. I just use e.l.f.'s angled contour brush to apply this to my cheekbones and a little on the brow bone and nose. It's a very bright, silvery-white shimmer that looks so pretty on your skin. The packaging is, as usual with e.l.f.'s studio line, simply amazing for such a low price.
Edit: Took off one lippie because the consistency is kinda chalky.