July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on my quest to find some product that would actually cancel out my genetic dark under eye circles. At first I balked at the price, about $9 for a drugstore product, but then I went for it. I'm quite glad that I did. While it doesn't completely cover my under eye circles, I have yet to find a product that does (and I've tried every drugstore concealer/corrector known to man, as well as Bobbi Brown corrector--I have a review for that as well...) At first I thought the pot that this came in was tiny, and then I purchased the Bobbi Brown corrector and realized that the Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Corrector pot was actually HUGE! And the $9 I paid for it, versus the $25 I paid for the teeny tiny pot of Bobbi Brown was well worth it. This product does significantly lighten and brighten the dark circles, even though it doesn't completely hide them, but nothing does. It also doubles as an excellent eyeshadow base, so I can knock out 2 steps at once. I just put this product from my eyebrows down to just past the dark circles. It hides any eyelid redness or discoloration wonderfully. It can also be used around the nose or anywhere else you may be prone to discoloration/redness. The texture is creamy without being greasy or heavy (unlike the BB corrector, which is both,) and it blends wonderfully and without tugging (again, unlike the BB corrector.) I also had no issues with slipping or creasing- it stayed put all day, which impressed me. I would definitely be willing to try some of the other products in this line, especially the blush, now that winter is coming and creamy blushes won't melt off in the hot South Carolina weather. Overall I'd recommend this product and I'd certainly buy it again, as well as try out the rest of the line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed with this product. At first I was excited because I thought this had HG status potential, as it's a concealer PLUS Olay serum. However, I felt that it settled into the minimal creases I have beneath my eyes, didn't blend well, and had little staying power. Will not purchase again.
    *EDIT* This was settling into creases, yes. However, after consistently using a retinol treatment under my eyes. This works great, covers the dark circles, and does blend with a bit of effort. Not sure I'll repurchase, but not as much of a waste as it was originally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I purchased this at CVS for $12 and I'm happy with the product. It's yellow based corrector, blends really well, and brightens my under eye area. The consistency is not a thick and creamy as my beloved BB corrector but people might prefer the thin consistency of the CG. Will not repurchase since this pot will last me a lifetime!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't go as far as saying I have HORRIBLE dark circles, but they're pretty bad ( due to lack of sleep caused my mild insomnia ): ) This sucks cause people always comment on how tired I look, and how much older I appear then my actual age ( 15 ).

I've been using this product for almost a YEAR now, and there is still about 1/4th of the product left ( which is REALLY good for the price, $8-ish?).

Since I have yellow undertones, this corrector works really well ( since this corrector is extremely YELLOW, it helps to reduce purples, and blues since they're complimentary colours (opposites on the colour wheel) which works so so well to cover dark circles (: ) Of course, you'll find that it is a bit too yellow to wear alone, so you'll have to wear concealer on top of it; just make sure to PAT and NOT rub!

In terms of "staying power", it usually lasts me half the day, then I have to re-apply a bit more (just in the shadows of the dark circles), and then just pat on some concealer. Overall, not a big deal for me (although it WOULD be nice if it did stay all day, but, I guess you shouldn't ask for too much, since this corrector is already SO good)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC 25-30, yellow Asian Skin. This product is amazing!! LOVE! I was convinced after reading reviews here to try. I usually steer clear of CG products b/c I think they're generally too pinnk for my skintone. I do have dark circles under/around my eyes. This product covered extremely well, is creamy and easy to work with. I use a concealer brush. I don't think it's that expensive for a product that covers so well and last for a long time. Will definitely buy again : )

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not work well for me, was far too dark for my fair, freckled complexion. Seemed to sit on top of my skin, looked a bit cakey and felt unnatural and dry. I bought this in conjunction with the concealer, based on covergirl.com color match rec's - Would not repurchase either one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: covers well, creamy, not cakey

Cons: settles into fine lines, looks white, pricey

This gave me amazing coverage, but the color was too light for my NC37 skin tone. It looked white and settled into my fine lines. I didn't find the concealer very moisturizing, either. Not worth the price.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using the La Mer Radiant Concealer for under eye darkness and circles, but this settled into fine lines and began to emphasize dryness. The CoverGirl/Olay corrector is AMAZING...it provides complete coverage of any darkness and does not settle into fine lines. The pot is huge...I have been using it for over a month, and I have not even begun to make a dent in the product. I just swirl my finger in the pot (to mix the serum with the corrector) and gently pat my under eye area. If I need extra coverage I apply the under eye concealer over the corrector.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kleaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had horrible dark eye circles for as long as I know, and I have tried everything from Tarte's dark circle defense to cheap drug store alternatives.

This is by far the best corrector/concealer I have ever used. It is a yellow shade which matches flawlessly with my skin, in fact the amount of concealer I use (L'Oreal Touche Magique) is much less now with this corrector underneath.

I have very dry skin under my eyes and this conceals them amazingly. I do not know how effective it is with puffiness, I haven't noticed too much of a difference. But it does take the shadow away from the edges of your dark circles.

It lasts all day and does not set into my lines or creases. The packaging is alright, although I can see myself not running out of this product for a while. Definitely my HG concealer/corrector.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lac925

I love this corrector :) I finally went out and got it after reading some of the reviews and I'm glad I did. I have dark undereye circles (thanks to my mom LOL) and concealers/foundations never really covered them. Since my skin tone is more on the yellow side, this product blends in perfectly. I was soo surprised at the results - I tested it at home when I got it and it made a HUGE difference (and this was on TOP of my makeup at the end of the day!). The packaging is all right - I just have to make sure my hands are clean before I dip into it - but the price COULD be a little lower. Now, I want to try the other Simply Ageless products in the line ^_^ Overall, I give it a 4/5 and will repurchase when I run out!