August 27, 2014 | 1562 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm in the minority here I recognise, but this mask broke me out into a violent, itchy red rash. I had clear skin moments before I used it. When I washed it off I was impressed as it's tremendously moisturising. The next morning however I woke up with a crazy rash all over my cheeks and forehead. Stupidly enough, I was so taken with the smell and feel of this mask that I tried it a second time, a few days later. Never again! Broke me out just as bad. Impossible for me to recommend it despite the deliciousness. Please test this on your skin before applying all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So good I just want to eat it up :)
I love Lush fresh masks and I am glad they don't make me break out. Oatifix is a gentle scrub and gives just the right amount of moisture.
I usually have to put a ton of moisturizer on at night, but after this mask I really could go without if I wanted to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by chxxoo

LOVE this mask! I have combination skin that can be sensitve (I react to weird things, like Clinique and Amore Pacific) but my face drank this up. And it smells heavenly!

I'll usually apply it after taking a shower/cleansing my face. I use a toner afterwards and a light moisturizer. I find that doing all of this before bed yields soft and glowing skin in the morning. Best of all, it doesn't break me out. Whoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So my skin was freaking out - dry sensitive patches, spots, oily T zone - the lot. Went into Lush for some serious skincare overhaul - I've been using Ultrabland and Oatifix at night and Fresh Farmacy in the morning and Celestial morning and night for the past 3 days. So far, so good, my skin seems to be calming down and balancing out. The Ultrabland, Oatifix and Celestial have really hydrated my skin and I've had no reaction to them. I do get a slight reaction to Fresh Farmacy, which is no surprise as its a soap, however I'm using it to sort out the spots and will now alternate it with Angels on Bare Skin until the spots are gone and then it'll pretty much be there solely when the spots get outta hand.

Oatifix feels and smells great. It hydrates but doesn't leave my skin oily. I'm glad this worked as I've tried Cosmetic Warrior and it made my skin worse - sore and spotty. I do think it's a bit cheeky that the pots are sold with far too much product that doesn't get used up before the use by date. I have used the mask 3 days straight and there are at least another 5-6 uses still there, however I would normally use a face mask once or twice a week (it's only because my skin was soooo bad that I've been using it more frequently) in which case I would barely use any of the contents. This seems to be an issue with a lot of people and it would make more sense to sell the masks in a smaller amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This stuff smells too good!! I lick it always a little bit... too yummy!

Im used to these black pots and keeping it in fridge doesnt bother me.
It doesnt apply good when its cold, its better to warm it up a little before. And- god- this smell... so sweet! The mask is sticky and doesnt look good on face but it doesnt really matter.
What matter is that it really moisturizes and leaves my skin soft with a not greasy but nice film...

Im gonna repurchase or just ask for it when I return 5 empty pots. Its nice treat! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used 3 of Lush's fresh face masks and Oatifix is my favorite. I'm 51, have normal skin but it dries out in the winter from my wood stove. The other two masks are Sacred Truth and Mask of Magnaminty- also very good.

This is moisturizing and balancing. It also smells so good you could eat it. I'll continue to purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lindsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started working in a highly dry environment. We're talking electric heating central!!! I needed a boost for my dry and flaky skin and I thought this would work. I was sadly mistaken. I purchased this product in hopes of achieving moisture pretty much all over my face, instead I guess I shocked my system and ended up with a facial RASH! I only used this product once and I think I put it on on a Saturday and by Wednesday my face was covered in hives!!!! 7 days later, now, my face is still recovering and it is an even more dry and flakey mess! On a good day my skin tone is uneven. I have fair skin and I am lightly covered in freckles. This mask made my face splotchy red with NO FRECKLES! I guess I ended up with a mildly reddened face with hives on my upper cheeks which spread to the skin 1 - 2 cm's out from my nose and I never have any marks or areas of unevenness there. I wish I could have liked this product. I would one day love for my face to be hydrated and not simultaneously be overwhelmed by raised welts/pimples. Does anyone know of a hydrating skin product that is made for sensitive skin??? I would love to know. I would even pay upwards of 100$ for it!!! Oh, and the mask burned slightly for 3 minutes then the burning subsided. I just thought that is what it was supposed to do! Guess NOT!
EDIT: My skin is still a mess after using this mask! It is still red. Holy smokes! NEVER BUYING A FACE MASK EVER AGAIN! From lush or anyone. This has been the worst experience EVER!!!! It was like I burnt my face!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very pleased with this product. I got a small sample size pot and managed to get three applications from it so a big pot it should last you a good while.
It smells beautiful, like cookie dough with a subtle vanilla spice scent. I used it over the course of a week and and my skin felt and looked lovely after using it. I would buy it again although I'd prefer a face mask I didn't have to keep in the fridge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

No way is this going on my face because this mask is way too rich for my combination/oily skin. I purchased it specially for use on my dry hands, and as I've guessed it, when I did use it, I could feel from the texture that it is very rich. The smell is lovely- of oatmeal and vanilla. No banana smell, though. Although I have given it a low rating, I will still repurchase it- just for my hands. I wouldn't dare use it on my face, maybe my neck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by RoxieHeart

I was wary of using this mask because it's recommended for dry skin but since winter makes my skin spotty but dry at the same time I decided to give it a go.

It smells really sweet, which I liked but may be sickening to others. It can be difficult to get an even coating on your face but I found that I didn't need much to get good coverage. I loved the fact that it isn't really scrubby as I don't like to feel like I'm rubbing sand into my face. When I washed it off my skin felt so smooth and the dry bits had gone and I didn't have to moisturise afterwards.

My only problem was the fact that once I put it on I felt my face stinging. Fortunately my skin didn't have a visible reaction but that was still enough to put me off using it again. Really disappointed as its ones of the few lush masks that aren't too scrubby (many have ground almond shells in them) but I simply don't trust products that make my skin sting.