LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

3.8

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

on 8/25/2013 6:22:00 PM

First of all, let me start by telling you about my skin condition.
lately i've been using creams for acne and it left my skin extremely dry, to the point where you see bits of skin flaking all over my face.
after 4-5 hours of putting any deep moisturiser my face starts flaking again.
i couldn't wear foundation because it would look cakey on my skin (and yes i do wear water based foundation for dry skin over layers of moisturisers)..
so its safe to say my skin is extremely dry.

>>>>> NOW ABOUT THIS MASK <<<<<<
this mask saved my life, its the best thing i have ever put on my face.

i use it every day for 15 mins. i usually put it on my face as soon as i wake up and before i get into the shower. by the time i wash it off, my face is fresh, moisturised and bright.

1- it moisturises the skin deeply (i no longer need to wear three layers of deep moisturisers to prevent flakiness. ( i just put this mask. rinse my face with water only *no soap* dry it, apply my sunblock and then my bb cream) and my skin is left smooth and moisturised the whole day.

2-even though the pot looks really small. it lasts me 3 weeks (roughly 20 applications all over my face)

3- after using it for a month it left my skin bright and fresh

4- it smells delicious and the packaging is great.

leave this in the fridge. the worker at lush said you can keep it in the fridge for 28 days and 8 days outside the fridge.
as for the price, in my opinion for all the miracles it done to me i say its worth it.

(tip for those who use it. Put it on your face 10 mins before you get into the shower and then once you're in, turn the hot water on and let it steam, leave it on for 10 extra mins.
i usually wash my body and hair and then rinse it off) when i do that i get better results, my face looks brighter and feels smoother.
that's just my personal preference and it works great with me.

on 8/1/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Although this is marketed for sensitive skin, it made mine burn and my cheeks were hot and bright red for several hours after I rinsed it off with lots of cold water. I had a look at the ingredients and it must be something in the perfume that caused the reaction. I don't know why Lush would actually add perfume to a product for sensitive skin... being mainly bananas and oats, it can't smell that bad to begin with, can it?

I LOVE this face mask. I have used every Lush fresh face mask, and this by far is the best. I will never part with this product. It makes my skin so soft and very clean.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yum :) makes me hungry! I have dry and sensitive skin so I find if very hard to find a mask that I don't have allergies to. I have had one in the fridge for 3 months now (I don't use it every week) and it hasn't gone off. Don't worry about the 3 week best before, it will be fine! Makes my skin feel really soft and glowy. I want to eat it, but I resist! I wish it was cheaper in Australia. Compared to the UK it's a little bit of a rip off. Ask for a sample before diving in!

on 6/25/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Definitely a pain to apply, but oh how soft my face has felt since applying this mask. I would do this at night, and one mistake I made, you do not need to use your nightly moisturizer after rinsing the mask off. It leaves your face very moisturized, will repurchase and keep in fridge.... :)

on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this mask on a whim while i was living in Holland. The lady at the counter said it would be moisturizing but i had no idea what a difference it would make to my combo skin. I have psoriasis/eczema in some spots all over. I even have a spot on the inside corner of my nose. During certain seasons the spot gets worse and starts to peel and become discolored. Not to mention it doesn't make the best surface for makeup to sit.

I did this once or twice a week and my dry flaky spot cleared. I agree that it is hard to apply, especially since you have to keep it in the fridge and it gets stiff. The key i think is to apply it while your face and fingers are still slightly damp. It rubs on better.

Another tip I have is if you don't have a lush store close (i moved and don't anymore) make your own. I have started doing that now. I take a handful of almonds and grind them to the consistency i want, depending on how exfoliating i want my mask to be. I grind up some oats and mix it all together with 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey and VOILA! You've got your own version of the Oatifix mask.

on 5/30/2013 2:25:00 PM

This product is so messy and hard to apply. I usually end up losing more product than I get the chance to use.
I love the smell though. And it does leave my skin feeling clean. However, I can get that effect from other LUSH products, with less mess.

on 5/27/2013 3:42:00 PM

Not my favorite lush fresh face mask. It's somewhat hard to apply because of the thick texture. It smells good enough to eat- like banana oatmeal. However it was hard to wash off and left my face with a filmy-oily layer.

on 4/26/2013 4:03:00 PM

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

on 2/2/2013 3:06:00 PM

I bought this recently and I am almost finished with it. I love this face mask. My skin is not that sensitive but I do like to be very careful becasue I break out to very odd things. So I bought this. I tried it bfore I went to bed and then washed it off in the shower. I really like this. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I also really enjoy this because of the smell. When the lady who was helping ,e opened it and let me smell it, it caught me off guard at first but then I fell in love. It smells like oat banana cookies with almond frosting. I also really like the texture. It is not abrasive what so ever but does exfoilate very slightly and I love it. The only thing I do not like about this is how fast it expires. I bought my on January 25 and it expires on Febuary 7. I am pretty sure you could strech that a day or too but I wish it would keep just a little longer. The other thing I do not like is that is gives my skin a slight burning sensation when I first apply it. I would toatlly reccommend this product.

Popular Masks