November 28, 2014 | 1721 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by soapsaholic09

First of all, don't eat this mask. I know it smells like vanilla, bananas and oatmeal (breakfast, essentially), but don't eat it - you won't like the taste (if you check the ingredients, you'll see why). Secondly, the texture of the mask is chunky and will not stiffen on your face. As you're trying to smooth the product onto your face, chunks of it will fall off. Once you get it on and working, the effect of the mask should be decent. You skin will seemingly appear brighter and softer after the treatment, but for some of us older girls, this is not an effect that lasts. For the price of the mask, you get what you pay for - especially in knowing that in the realm of face masks, there are many other options out there to choose from. A fun and appetizing experience nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask! In fact the only reason I didn't give it a 5 is cuz it doesn't make an extremely dramatic difference to my skin, but this is probably because I have good skin anyway. (Don't be thinking what a bish I am now, cuz I have awful dark circles) However, it does smell so incredibly amazing, and moisturizes and exfoliates very well. It smells like oatmeal, bananas, nuts, and cinnamon! OMG I just wanna eat it. It does look pretty gross on ur face tho haha. I always scare my 3 yr. old daughter when I have it on LOL, she runs away from me. Anyway, I usually leave it on for a half hr, and afterwards, my face feels sooo soft, smooth, and looks bright and clear. They say these masks only stay good for a few weeks, but all my Lush fresh face masks, (and I have tried about 5 different ones), have stayed good for several months. I do keep my fridge quite cold, and I keep them in the back, which is the coldest place in my fridge. I just used up the rest of this today, and it was 6 mo.old and smelled just as delish as when I first got it! U can also freeze them, especially if u buy several @ once like I do, and thaw them out the nite b4 u wanna start using it. I get about 4 or 5 uses out of one of these. I definitely recommend this gentle, exfoliating, and moisturizing mask to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by arscharfen21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into LUSH for a few samples since I had just heard about their products. I have very sensitive skin and am selective on what I use on it since I am prone to reactions. I actually purchased a jar of this since the girl told me that it was the most mild and even kids could use it. Oatifix mask broke me out into a violent, hot red rash. When I washed it off I was impressed at the softness of my skin but then it began to burn. I had to use ice and running water to get it to calm down. I think that the fragrances they use are what bothers me. I use other products from other brands that have some similar ingredients in them that my skin does not have a reaction to. I wanted to like this, but just can't use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm in the minority here I recognise, but this mask broke me out into a violent, itchy red rash. I had clear skin moments before I used it. When I washed it off I was impressed as it's tremendously moisturising. The next morning however I woke up with a crazy rash all over my cheeks and forehead. Stupidly enough, I was so taken with the smell and feel of this mask that I tried it a second time, a few days later. Never again! Broke me out just as bad. Impossible for me to recommend it despite the deliciousness. Please test this on your skin before applying all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So good I just want to eat it up :)
I love Lush fresh masks and I am glad they don't make me break out. Oatifix is a gentle scrub and gives just the right amount of moisture.
I usually have to put a ton of moisturizer on at night, but after this mask I really could go without if I wanted to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by chxxoo

LOVE this mask! I have combination skin that can be sensitve (I react to weird things, like Clinique and Amore Pacific) but my face drank this up. And it smells heavenly!

I'll usually apply it after taking a shower/cleansing my face. I use a toner afterwards and a light moisturizer. I find that doing all of this before bed yields soft and glowing skin in the morning. Best of all, it doesn't break me out. Whoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So my skin was freaking out - dry sensitive patches, spots, oily T zone - the lot. Went into Lush for some serious skincare overhaul - I've been using Ultrabland and Oatifix at night and Fresh Farmacy in the morning and Celestial morning and night for the past 3 days. So far, so good, my skin seems to be calming down and balancing out. The Ultrabland, Oatifix and Celestial have really hydrated my skin and I've had no reaction to them. I do get a slight reaction to Fresh Farmacy, which is no surprise as its a soap, however I'm using it to sort out the spots and will now alternate it with Angels on Bare Skin until the spots are gone and then it'll pretty much be there solely when the spots get outta hand.

Oatifix feels and smells great. It hydrates but doesn't leave my skin oily. I'm glad this worked as I've tried Cosmetic Warrior and it made my skin worse - sore and spotty. I do think it's a bit cheeky that the pots are sold with far too much product that doesn't get used up before the use by date. I have used the mask 3 days straight and there are at least another 5-6 uses still there, however I would normally use a face mask once or twice a week (it's only because my skin was soooo bad that I've been using it more frequently) in which case I would barely use any of the contents. This seems to be an issue with a lot of people and it would make more sense to sell the masks in a smaller amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This stuff smells too good!! I lick it always a little bit... too yummy!

Im used to these black pots and keeping it in fridge doesnt bother me.
It doesnt apply good when its cold, its better to warm it up a little before. And- god- this smell... so sweet! The mask is sticky and doesnt look good on face but it doesnt really matter.
What matter is that it really moisturizes and leaves my skin soft with a not greasy but nice film...

Im gonna repurchase or just ask for it when I return 5 empty pots. Its nice treat! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used 3 of Lush's fresh face masks and Oatifix is my favorite. I'm 51, have normal skin but it dries out in the winter from my wood stove. The other two masks are Sacred Truth and Mask of Magnaminty- also very good.

This is moisturizing and balancing. It also smells so good you could eat it. I'll continue to purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lindsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started working in a highly dry environment. We're talking electric heating central!!! I needed a boost for my dry and flaky skin and I thought this would work. I was sadly mistaken. I purchased this product in hopes of achieving moisture pretty much all over my face, instead I guess I shocked my system and ended up with a facial RASH! I only used this product once and I think I put it on on a Saturday and by Wednesday my face was covered in hives!!!! 7 days later, now, my face is still recovering and it is an even more dry and flakey mess! On a good day my skin tone is uneven. I have fair skin and I am lightly covered in freckles. This mask made my face splotchy red with NO FRECKLES! I guess I ended up with a mildly reddened face with hives on my upper cheeks which spread to the skin 1 - 2 cm's out from my nose and I never have any marks or areas of unevenness there. I wish I could have liked this product. I would one day love for my face to be hydrated and not simultaneously be overwhelmed by raised welts/pimples. Does anyone know of a hydrating skin product that is made for sensitive skin??? I would love to know. I would even pay upwards of 100$ for it!!! Oh, and the mask burned slightly for 3 minutes then the burning subsided. I just thought that is what it was supposed to do! Guess NOT!
EDIT: My skin is still a mess after using this mask! It is still red. Holy smokes! NEVER BUYING A FACE MASK EVER AGAIN! From lush or anyone. This has been the worst experience EVER!!!! It was like I burnt my face!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No