April 17, 2014 | 2060 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a green-eyed girl, I couldn't wait to try this out! And the verdict? This is probably one of the worst trios in terms of color combinations. On my olive skin, the lightest color is invisible and the plum color is absolutely not flattering. The brassy brown, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wear this all over the lid for a smokey eye. But, really, one color out of three? That being said, the plum color, though not for me, is really pretty and good quality. I'll try and incorporate this in another combination. Worth a try and I imagine it would really suit DDD's and LLL's, but me, fail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

The shades in this trio look beautiful in the pan. However, after applying them to my lid, they just turned into purplish mud. The depth and shimmer of the lid color doesn't show up on the lid itself. This purple color comes off dull and makes me look dead. The browbone shade is too dusty mauve for that area on me and it just looks dirty. The brown crease shade is dark on me and a perfect crease color with not too much shimmer. The brown shade is pretty and highly pigmented. Using all the shades in this trio makes me look tired. I really don't like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one of my favorite sayings ^_^ I adore the brown in this palette but find the rest of the colors hard to work with especially the eyelid color that is dark purplish...

Reasonably hard to work with because it can make you look like you just got beat up.... So still trying to work with it a bit whenever I have extra time to myself. Good palette. Its cute and fun. Even though right now I just use the brown on its own.(:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that I'm more of a higher end makeup buyer, but decided to try this because I've heard rave reviews and you can't beat the price. The pigmentation on these shadows is very good, and for someone who is on a tight makeup budget, or for the school aged customer, these are perfectly respectable shadows. I will stick with the higher end brands that I know and love, though, and not repurchase, because there *is* a difference in quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, my eyes are light green and this eye shadow trio make them look amazing! I usually use different shades of brown for my eye shadow but I wanted to try some other colors for a smokey eye so I bought this on a whim. I'm so glad I bought it! I wore it for 12 hours straight and it didn't smudge or crease on bit. It goes on beautifully and the colors are pretty pigmented. It goes on really easily too and the colors look great together. I definitely recommend this especially if you have green eyes like me. For 2.99 its definitely worth buying. You just cant beat WNW eye shadow and pretty much all of their other products. This looks great with their creme liner in black :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I do like the colors in this trio. They are nicely pigmented and apply easily. However I find I don't like wearing them as they are designed to be worn. I do like pairing them with other shades. Because of that I probably reach for this trio less often than the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really lovely colors. I've always found purple colors hard to wear, mainly because they make me look like I've been punched in the face. However, this trio has lovely eggplant and brown colors that are pigmented but still neutral. This looks very pretty with my green-hazel eyes. Walking on Eggshells is my daytime look, and Knock on Wood is my nighttime (although I'm pretty eyeshadow conservative, so take that into consideration).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

This is perfect for everyday and shows up very nice and pigmented. I like this better than walking on eggshells. The cranberry color is gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this eye shadow palette, because I love Wet 'n' Wild eye shadows and the colors looked beautiful on this. I knew the colors were too dark for me, but I just wanted to have it anyway.
I love the eyelid color. It's beautiful burgundy and even if I usually don't wear so dark shades on my eyelids, this one is gorgeous.
The crease color is way too dark for me to use as it's meant to. The only ways I can use it is on the outer corner of my eye or I can line my eyes with it.
The browbone color is weird. It's too dark and red to use on browbone. I tried it on my eyelid and I looked like I had been crying. My eyes looked red. I don't know how to use that color.
Even if I only like one of the colors on the palette, I still would buy it again, because the color I like is so beautiful and the palette is so affordable.
The pigmentation is amazing. If I had darker skin I'm sure this palette would be one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this trio. When I first started buying makeup, I had bought an Avon quad with these colors. Unfortunately, there was no color payoff, but this makes up for that times 100 :)

PROS
**Great pigmentation
**Warm, rich colors
**Smooth texture
**Cheap and good quality

CONS
**Can't think of any.