July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 Metal Mania Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Wow. I'm so happy I bought this!! It's a little smaller than I expected but the quality is definetly there. Although small, the shadows are highly pigmented and much much more buttery than I expected! And the best part is...there's 88 of them! I haven't had an oppurtunity to really play around with the colors yet, but I'm sure I'm going to have a blast. My only wish is that there were more blues and grays, but it's okay because every color that is included is beautiful and will be used! I will for sure be ordering more palettes from Coastal Scents. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I typically shop Mac/UD higher end products so I labored over trying this palette.

I ordered from the CS site and had it in 2 days. It came in a priority shipping box with oodles of bubble wrap and it was wrapped up like a beautiful present! CS sent me some sweet samples too!

When I took the palette out of it's own box, I fell hard. First of all.. it's huge! Most importantly, the shadows are really beautiful. I will not tolerate chalky shadows and there are none in this set. The colors are very buttery and remind me of UD and Mac frosts. There are some that are more sheer and have a holo effect.

I always use a primer or shadow base and had no issues with fading. Packing on the product was easy and blending was a breeze. With my metals I like to use Mac Uppity fluid line as a base. It makes the metals pop and you could party for three days in your look.

The shadows are dime sized but don't be discouraged.. there are 88 of them!

The palette comes with two longer handled sponge applicators in the lid, but you'll ditch those for your pro brushes anyway.

The price is 24.95 and worth every cent if not just for the fun factor. I will not travel with this due to it's size but I love love love playing with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I was surprised by how little fall out there was when I first used my 88 Metal Mania palette. I did a copper and lavender eye over my Beauti Control e/s primer. The textures were nice, blended well and didn't fly all over the place. It is very shimmery, so you mature girls might consider that the finish is metallic. Having said that, there's no glitter, just a huge selection of shades to compliment your collection. I used 2 shades of coppery colors on the lid with a dark plum in the crease and a light purple on the brow bone fading into pink. Like a sunset.

I will update this review as I discover how other shades perform.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by acton13

I bought the 4 palettes for $69.95 and this palette was included. This is my first time buying Coastal Scents palettes and i absolutely loved them! I fell in love with the 88 metal mania, actually i mostly use that one and i barely use my other palettes.lol. I deff. recommend this product for someone that is buying Coastal Scents for the first time or want pretty metallic colors. I like it because the colors are metallic but they not over done and they have a nice range of dark and light colors. I love using the silvers, blues, and purples to create a sort of smokey eye.
Also, packaging was very well done and for the price you can't resist!

=]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PALETTE. I was originally going to purchase the Coastal Scents 88 Matte Palette, but decided to try this one out because it has tons of everyday wearable colors. I am so happy I bought this. Most of the colors are shimmery, but they look amazing. They are so pigmented and, when used with a proper brush, blend smoothly and beautifully. These shadows are WAYY better than any drugstore brand. If you don't want to dish out the cash to buy MAC, you should consider this. The only downfall is the packaging.. Its flimsy and difficult to open sometimes. And the applicators are terrible. Cheap! But who cares, for $24.95 you can't ask for everything. BUY THIS! You will not be disappointed. There are such a wide range of colors that would compliment ANY skin tone. I bought mine on Amazon.com (free shipping...woo!) Wonderful investment. ;]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I cannot believe how much I love this palette!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the colours except for all the reds and pinks, apart from those, it contains all my favourite colours in one cute palette! It's like having all shades of mac's woodwinked, satin taupe, sumptuous olive, and etc (only better)! Love them all, and I do believe they're fantastic quality, sorry girls, but for me they're better than mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They apply super smooth, love it! I'm addicted now, and I'll have to buy a matte palette from them soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. I originally bought the 88 shimmer and I used it for a while, but then I noticed I wasn't using it much because I wasn't using such bright colors anymore. I saw the metal mania palette come out and I was so excited!! I got it as fast as possible and it's absolutely perfect! There are lots of different colors to choose from, but they are all mixed with silvers and bronzes for a more subtle look. Still tons of colors to choose from, but you don't have to wear crazy colors every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Exxyea

This is a very good palette for colour selection. However, I think the quality is a little overrated. The colours aren't that pigmented and some of them are chalky. They don't always go on smooth when you apply either, and sometimes building up the colour isn't that helpful. However, the colours do last me an entire day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The quality is amazing and it's super cheap for such a large amount of eyeshadows! The packaging is very nice and cute. Really top quality eyeshadows. They are not too metallic but can be if applied in certain ways. Must have this! Great shades too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by louloubelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG I love this palette! They eyeshadows really are top quality and lasted a 10 hour work day without creasing using only WnW cover stick concealer as "primer." The individual shadows really are smaller than I imagined watching reviews on Youtube, but they're so pigmented that a little really does go a long way. LOVE LOVE LOVE and I will be purchasing additional palettes as gifts.