July 22, 2014 | 2359 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Coffee

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MissBettyful

I use L'Oreal Cream Eyeliner and since I believe they have discontinued it, I decided to try this when it was 50% off.

It comes in a cute jar but it is quite deceiving. There isn't that much in it but that's alright, it was cheap. I use my Quo Angled Eyeliner Brush to apply this and the colour payoff isn't great. I have to let it dry, apply once more, then the colour is decent. I'm not impressed with the staying power of this either, doesn't last all day, especially not in warm weather. Now that it's getting cooler out, I may try it again to see if it'll work better.

I got this for my sister in Ivory and she said that it works very well to open up the eyes and as a highlighter.

I may get this in Ivory to use a a highlighter, but otherwise, I will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I wanted a deep brown color, but this was just too light. Had to build up color in order to get it to show up and wasn't that impressed with the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coffee looks like a medium warm brown in the picture online and in the jar in real life; however, it goes on as a much darker brown. (I already have a black-brown so I was hoping this would be more of a true brown, but it's darker than I wanted...) However, if you are looking for a dark brown, this eyeliner applies easily and lasts all day with an eyeshadow primer. (I haven't tried it without primer since I use primer every day, due to my very oily skin.) The included angle brush is a surprisingly good quality for the price, though I still prefer to use my own round eyeliner brush. For only $3, this is definitely worth a try!

My only complaint is the packaging -- the jar is much larger than it needs to be to hold the amount of product you get. I had to reorganize my eyeliner section to fit this large square jar in with all of my other small, round gel eyeliner jars -- even though the ELF jar appears to contain the same amount of product as the round jars from other brands!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by jaimeleigh2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much of E.L.F products are hit or miss, I usually wait till a half off sale (or something comparable) to try out new things. Well for me, this was a fail. I don't consider myself to have oily lids, but this stuff just smudged right off of me. It worked OK to line on my lids, but on my lower lash line, this stuff didn't last. I admit I didn't really try it as a base either, but as an eyeliner, this stuff just didn't cut it. For reference, I sometimes use the Elf liquid pen liner, which last just fine on me. I've also used Smashbox, Stila and Maybelline gel/cream liners that all lasted on me a lot better than this. Sorry to bring the ratings down, but this is a definite miss for me, and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this cream liner. I was sad at first bc they were out of black for quite some time so i finally gave in and ordered this one in coffee and a few other new colors. I tried finding reviews but theyre sparse. But im so glad i just bought them bc they rock. This is so creamy and create a natural
Line for daytime since black sometimes is too much.. It glides doesnt tug and stays put after that. Its def worth $3 and so much more. I have other cream liners and at times they can be bit drier and harder to put on just like i like but theyre good but this is better.. I love all the colors i own would love to rebuy if i need to but see it lasting awhile. I also have used these as bases. This coffee provides a darker base and looks beautiful with a greener shadow on top. It dont budge or crease (i dont have oily lids though) ive been using these every day and love it. I wish more people would review them bc i really

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by umiryuzaki90

I bought the cream liner for 3 bucks and I was amazed! I bought the white one forgot the color but definitely would buy it in other colors.. Long lasting and does not smear super amazed by that!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Maybe it's because my expectations were really low since I have been disappointed by E.L.F products before, but I really love this eyeliner. It's a perfect color for me,since I don't really wear black eyeliner. This is a great dark brown that looks very flattering on me. The pencil glides very nicely,and I find it very easy to draw a straight line. I can also draw a very thin line, or build it up if I want it to be thicker. It also lasts all day for me as well. I'm very impressed. I really recommend trying this. How can you go wrong for 1$?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

EDIT: Dried up too fast, probably because the jar is plastic. Not worth it to replace it every few months. I've had mac fluidlines for over a year and it hasn't even started drying up!