E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - Coffee

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I have a light brown/hazel eye color, so this medium brown eyeliner is perfect for me for natural looks. I don't use the brush that comes with it, I use a very fine brush for a fine line. I love the creaminess of this formula, it lines quickly and easily. And, I've had it for a few months and it hasn't dried up like other brands I've bought. I'm sure it will (like the other reviewer said, it's really similar to mascara), but for the price, it won't upset me to toss and repurchase.

I like e.l.f. Studio cream eyeliner with the exception of Coffee. I don't wear black eyeliner, so I prefer a dark brown eyeliner to make my eyes stand out. This one does not do it. Coffee is light brown. I prefer e.l.f. Copper, which is really a dark brown bronze, and a very beautiful color.

I only use gel liner to tight line my top lid. I've been using gel liners for about three years. Before all the inexpensive ones hit the market, I was wearing PX and the expensive ones get hard quickly too. Too me, gel eyeliner is very similar to mascara ~ you have to keep replacing it every two to three months.

So, that's why I buy cheap brands now. I learned my lesson the hard way. If I am in a jam, I run the eyeliner container under hot water, the same thing I do with old mascara. It will help stretch your product for at least one additional evening or day. I will continue to buy e.l.f gel eyeliners, but not this color...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I never use brown as an eyeliner (in general) because it doesn't make my eyes pop. I ordered this from my last ELF haul because they are so cheap! But I've found another use for this. I used it on my brows today, and they were perfect! Lasted all day too! I think once I finish my MUFE eyebrow corrector, I won't have to buy another. I'll just use this! Love it!! (I'm NC40-42, Asian skin tone, with black hair)

Ok, couldnt get this to actually line my eyes for the life of me. Looks like I will be sticking to MAC fluidline, and no complaints really. I wear that almost everyday, and the jar actually lasts a really long time.

BUT...this cream eyeliner in coffee is PERFECT for my eyebrows. Perfect color match and it acts like a wax. I dab some of the mac eyeshadow i usually use to fill in my brows and it lasts all day.

The packaging is terrible. The cap doesnt screw on right. I expect this to dry up pretty quickly, but not a huge loss for the price.

perfect for shaping brows too!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've raved about this cream liner in 3 other reviews on Gun Metal, Purple, and Metallic Olive and I will say the same things about this one, it's a fabulous liner, as good or better than some of my expensive highend liners. Glides on easily, lasts all day, and makes my eyes pop. Coffee is a basic brown color that looks very natural and pairs well with tan and brown e/s. Try this. For only $3 it is so worth it.

I use L'Oreal Cream Eyeliner and since I believe they have discontinued it, I decided to try this when it was 50% off.

It comes in a cute jar but it is quite deceiving. There isn't that much in it but that's alright, it was cheap. I use my Quo Angled Eyeliner Brush to apply this and the colour payoff isn't great. I have to let it dry, apply once more, then the colour is decent. I'm not impressed with the staying power of this either, doesn't last all day, especially not in warm weather. Now that it's getting cooler out, I may try it again to see if it'll work better.

I got this for my sister in Ivory and she said that it works very well to open up the eyes and as a highlighter.

I may get this in Ivory to use a a highlighter, but otherwise, I will not purchase this again.

I wanted a deep brown color, but this was just too light. Had to build up color in order to get it to show up and wasn't that impressed with the formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Coffee looks like a medium warm brown in the picture online and in the jar in real life; however, it goes on as a much darker brown. (I already have a black-brown so I was hoping this would be more of a true brown, but it's darker than I wanted...) However, if you are looking for a dark brown, this eyeliner applies easily and lasts all day with an eyeshadow primer. (I haven't tried it without primer since I use primer every day, due to my very oily skin.) The included angle brush is a surprisingly good quality for the price, though I still prefer to use my own round eyeliner brush. For only $3, this is definitely worth a try!

My only complaint is the packaging -- the jar is much larger than it needs to be to hold the amount of product you get. I had to reorganize my eyeliner section to fit this large square jar in with all of my other small, round gel eyeliner jars -- even though the ELF jar appears to contain the same amount of product as the round jars from other brands!

As much of E.L.F products are hit or miss, I usually wait till a half off sale (or something comparable) to try out new things. Well for me, this was a fail. I don't consider myself to have oily lids, but this stuff just smudged right off of me. It worked OK to line on my lids, but on my lower lash line, this stuff didn't last. I admit I didn't really try it as a base either, but as an eyeliner, this stuff just didn't cut it. For reference, I sometimes use the Elf liquid pen liner, which last just fine on me. I've also used Smashbox, Stila and Maybelline gel/cream liners that all lasted on me a lot better than this. Sorry to bring the ratings down, but this is a definite miss for me, and I won't be repurchasing.