October 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Creamy Formula

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I work in the health care and am constantly washing my hands (and wearing latex gloves does nothing good for them either)!! I like to put this on at bedtime to fix my cracked skin. It works wonders!! It is fragrance free so it I like it when I don't want it to clash with my perfume. Dirt cheap and effective!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by aaren

This is an honest to goodness HG face moisturizer. I go back and forth with products trying to get the one that "does it all" like Neutrogena and Olay and L'Oreal. But I'm the happiest I've ever been with a face cream now that I'm using this. It is on the thicker side but I haven't had ONE breakout in a month from it. I use it after the 2% salayic acid toner I use. The toner knocks out my breakouts but is very drying. But the lotion restores all moisture -- SO my skin looks better than ever. Thanks Vaseline!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MissObserver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this product as a result of the reviews I had seen on this website and I have to say, I am 125% happy, LOL. I have very dry skin and I came onto Makeup Alley with the view to finding a suitable product which could "quench" my skins thirst. After receiving this item within one week from eBay (not available in the UK unfortunately, if u do know anywhere, please let me know) I was truly amazed. This is my new "must have product" and it definitely does wonders for my skin. This definitely gets An A+ from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by librarian_wannabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great for night use, as it's a little greasy for day. I like heavy creams at night for my face. This is soothing and moisturizing. It's never irritated me or clogged my pores.

I don't always use this. Sometimes I stray, but always come back to this.

EDIT: so I've strayed again. I'm currently using Elta creme, and really liking it for night use

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a very small squeeze tube that was 5CAD, a bit expensive for a little amount. The cap was very hard to open though... I'm not sure why. It just is.

I hated the scent... it smelled so... I don't know. It guess I would've preferred a light lotion scent or no scent at all, but oh well. But it's white, very thick and creamy and it did make my bumpy skin a little softer. But still, I don't think I'd buy it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Scout8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is my HG overnight lip treatment. I exfoliant my lips with a washcloth and then put a thick layer of this on my lips before going to bed. You have to rub it in a bit. My normally chronically chapped lips stay moisturized all the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Looove this stuff! I have this as well as the original vaseline, and I think this one is better for dry patches on the face and body, while the original formula is better for the lips. I've been using it for the past two nights on my nasty cracked winter heels and I can honestly say that they have never looked this good since I was 14 (when I started to wear shoes that kill your feet). I love using this on my face as well, and my dry winter skin isn't flaky anymore, especially around my nose area which suffers the most from all the tissues. As to its packaging, I prefer the tube form since it's more convenient, but the tub form is a better deal. I'll probably get the tub for at-home usage. :) I give this cream my HG stamp of approval!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sunscreenPPDs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Greasy, sticky, and all-around gross, no matter how little I used. Hands were chapped in a few hours even without a repeat handwashing. Not all that if you really need moisture, and if you really need moisture, there are products that feel better on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel like I'm reviewing a completely different product than the descriptions here, but I didn't find this helpful at moisturizing my skin at all.

Every night, I apply lotion to my hands and anywhere else that's on the dry side after showering and leave it on all night as I sleep. This stuff was greasy and sticky, like slightly dilluted petroleum jelly (bottle says it's 30% petroleum). I used about a small amount to avoid it being too greasy but enough to cover my hands thoroughly. In the morning, much to my surprise, my hands felt dry and rough. I noticed my elbows and newly shaven legs were more dry and flakey too. This stuff didn't impress me at all.

And I wouldn't put this formulation on my face with the stearic acid and 3 stearates.

I think the ingredients have changed because I remember the list on the bottle being far shorter when I saw it a few years ago...very little more than petroleum, an emollient, and vita E. Now it's:

White Petrolatum USP 30%, Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E Acetate, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Ethylene Brassylate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by seagal4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was such a great product. I have combination skin normally but during the winter, my skin tends to dry out dramatically! After ONE application, the dry spots were gone and my skin was left glowing and dewy. Only advice with this product is to apply at night and let absorb fully because it can leave your face looking greasy if applied immediately before makeup.