July 31, 2014 | 1438 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by miffffy

I love this scrub! I prefer this over the apricot scrub because the beads are much finer and I feel like it really cleans deep into my pores. I like the smell, it doesn't smell like green tea to me but that's okay. I have combination dry skin but this product doesn't dry me out that much. This product is in my top 5 favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ohsigrid

I've been dealing with acne every time I don't have enough of sleep, so i tried so much scrubs and cleanser to minimize and to get rid of these red patches in my face. Before i buy new product/s i make it a habit to read reviews about its pros and cons and there you go! i've read that St. Ives green tea scrub can reduce the redness of the acne and totally eliminate its stay on face. It's somewhat true!=) I'm on it's 5th day and I can say it is effectively lightens the reddish appearance. After washing your skin becomes so soft and tight so for cold weather it might dry your skin,=)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THis stuff is the best
my skin looks so fresh afterwards
it calmed some spots down
and made my skin texture smooth and "youthful" seriously I had soft teenager skin rather than sun damaged, crocodile texture that was slowly becoming my face. Yayy, not no more....
Definitley a holy grail product for me now. I don't really have an acne problem, but I had some rare spots come up from eating dairy ( dairy-intolerance) and they are settling down now.........so I would use something moisturizing afterwards, for sure. If you have oily skin though I bet this would be nice. My skin is usually thin and a lil dry but this left it feeling like it is...full of water, not grease. I just need a pea size amount, so great value. Took my makeup off pretty good. I LOOOOOVE ITTT SO MUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

My skin really responds well to manual exfoliation. I was excited to try this product based upon the good reviews. I've found that my acne-prone skin stays in-check better when I manually exfoliate regularly (multiple times a week) to assist it in cell turnover. My Wal-Mart had practically every St. Ives scrub except this one, and then I remembered reviewers on here talking about the travel size of this product being available. Ironically, they had the travel/sample size but not the full size. I'm really glad I did not spend the money on the full-size product. Neither the chemical compounds in it nor the exfoliating grains are strong enough for my liking. It wasn't a "bad" scrub, it just wasn't impressive. My skin did not feel particularly clean, and the scrubbing grains were extremely fine and not overly pleantiful IMO. (Yes, I understand that smaller grains are supposed to be better, but I prefer some of the natural products and homemade products with larger grains. Just my preference.) I will add that my acne has been (knock on wood) extremely under control with the Phisoderm acne gel cleanser, but after trying this for a few days, I woke up with a few whiteheads in the areas around my nose and on my chin. It very well could be coincidence, but I'm going back to my regular cleanser and scrubs.
*UPDATE*: I decided to give this a second try. I bought another trial tube, and then yesterday, finally a full tube at Target. I'm not going to change my rating, because I do firmly believe that if you have truely problematic acne, that this is not for you, despite the fact it claims to be. My acne, fortunately, seems largely in "remission," so this product is currently perfect for me. It has just enough anti-acne ingredients to keep things in check without burning up the healthy skin. It has a gentle scrubbing texture and a very nice scent, better than most fragrances in acne products (some which downright stink). I don't think there's a single ounce of truth or value in the green tea anti-redness claim, but whatever. Right now I am enjoying this cleanser while I can. If I have to go back to something stronger later, then I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coviedo

I was so obsessed with the St. Ives Apricot scrub blemish control wash but it was so harsh on my skin that i needed to look for one less rough and I came across St. Ives Green tea scrub and it is less rough and more gentle on the skin and treats your acne as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is fabulous. Definitely one of the best facial scrubs I've even used from the drugstore. I picked mine up at Target for $4.99. Green tea is great for your skin so even if you aren't acne prone this product will work for you. It smells like Beautiful Day from Bath & Body Works; clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. The exfoliants in this scrub are very fine so they won't irritate by over exfoliating. I'm not too much of a fan of St Ives' apricot scrub but I truly do like this one. I love how soft and clean my face feels afterwards. Definitely found a favorite face scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Ellie12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I have acne prone skin /oily and I would say this scrub took care of it ! Surprisingly this stuff works ! I absolutely love it! Definitely took away the redness, it's so weird because now that I realize it this scrub is what helped me clear up MY face, and I purchased the travel size but didn't seem it worked this wonderful but it did! I loved it ! For sure recommend for oily/acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by megsti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this scrub. I have oily skin and I exfoliate at least every other night and sometimes every night before I go to bed. This scrub does the trick without being too abrasive. Did I say it smells good? Oh my lord it smells good. The exfoliants are fine and I really feel like it polishes my skin. And the price?!?!! WOW. I like this better than my expensive Purology exfoliater. You won't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ssnowkelly

love tjhis stuff, so disabppinted that can't find in any stores around me anymore,used to be able to find it anywheres , cheap. need to order from internet now and pay shipping, bummer, have stocked up have 4 tubes, plus daughter uses so buy for her. Is it being discontinued? like better than apricot scrub much gentler, why do these companies always discontinue products people seem to like., frustrating