July 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Heather Silk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is amazing. Being a student, I can't spend all my money on makeup. Especially blush. I was at walmart and I saw these blushes. WOW! This blush is amazing!! It's a beautiful pink with no glitter or shimmer. It doesnt look entirely matte. More dewy/satin. Quick Tip: Use ELF Studio Stipple Brush. This blush is highly pigmented so the brush really helps with light application. Hope I helped!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kristen0889

Love this blush! Only good things to say about it. I was at Rite Aid looking for a blush that was a darker, deeper pink than my bright pink Revlon blush. I saw this blush and thought the color was really pretty, but I was skeptical about the quality of this product so I tried to find another brand with the exact same color of blush as this but couldn't. Since it was so cheap I decided to try it and I'm glad I did! I don't remember the last time I used anything from wet n wild, but nothing about this blush would make you think it's a cheap drugstore product! The color goes on very pretty and flattering to my fair to medium skin tone. The color itself is hard to describe, it's just a nice, deep, pigmented pink. The first time I applied it i learned that this blush definitely needs a light handed application, but it was easy to sheer it by buffing with a kabuki brush. Tiny sparkles are detectable in the pan if you look close but it goes on matte, in my opinion. The staying power is decent. I would have to reapply after probably four or five hours, but that's pretty standard. Not much to say about the packaging-its reliable and the lid stays closed. Didn't give the included blush brush a chance since I don't like those dinky small brushes that look like they'd just leave a streak of blush on your face! Given the color, pigmentation, and quality of this blush I can't believe how cheap it is. The price makes it that much better!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by rosenylund

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend was wearing the prettiest blush and I asked what it was and not only did she tell me but she had nothing but amazing things to say about this blush. Since it was so cheap I had to get it. I went to several CVS, Walgreens, etc. to find it and finally found one in stock at Kmart. I adore the color. I don't care about the packaging because it's so dirt cheap. Okay, the product... well it's a gorgeous color and it's really pigmented BUT it's chalky and doesn't blend well at all. No matter how hard I work on it I can't seem to get an even application. I must find a higher end or at least better formulation of this exact color now. I'm on a hunt for a perfect match in a better formulation with nicer packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a blush addict. And not only am I addicted to blush, but the vast majority of my 20+ blush collection consists of high end brands (MAC, NARS, ILLASMASQUA, ETC.) I have never had anything against drugstore blushes, but I just haven't been able to come across one that fit all of my needs (pigmentation, longevity, color selection, etc.) I decided to try the Wet N Wild Color Icon blushes for two reasons: 1. I am addicted to blush and am always on the hunt for more and 2. I had read several great reviews on them on various blogs. Heather Silk is a very pretty berry-pink shade with a natural matte finish. On my NC42-44 olive complexion, it casts off a gorgeous pink glow; a 'just got back from the cold' type of flush. It doesn't turn warm on my skin, which a lot of berry-pinks tend to do. As far as quality goes, this definitely rivals my high end blushes (particularly MAC,) but for much, much cheaper (I got it on sale for less than $2 at CVS.) The pigmentation of the powder is immense and it goes on incredibly smooth. Overall, this is a great alternative to the more high end brands out there and I am glad that I purchased it. Surprisingly, I actually don't have a shade similar to Heather Silk in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I love this blush. I was bought it on impulse, Heather is my favorite name. I own only one other WNW blush- Pearlesnt (?) Pink- which is exactly like NARS Orgasm. Heather Silk is one of a kind. It's a beautiful, silky Barbie Pink. It literally melts into your skin. On top of it all, it's SUPER pigmented. Dont be afraid of using it as an everyday color. The trick is to use a light hand. You really won't regret buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by countryfied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I said I would buy this product again, but it is so pigmented and a decent size so it might last forever. The color is a matte bright dusty cool pink. The quality is amazing. I like the stackable packaging and square pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Heather silk is a beautiful, matte pinky-mauve shade. The blush is extremely pigmented and looks great on my NW40 complexion. If you have lighter skin, you might want to use a duo fiber brush or even a fan brush. The reviewer who complained that the package looked flimsy sounds a little snobby to me-- I have traveled with a lot of WnW products, including Color Icon blushes, and they have held up just as well as my more pricey products. I wish WnW would get rid of the stupid brush that comes with this because it's completely useless and takes up space in my makeup bag. I picked up this blush for about $3, a steal! Go buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I like this blush a lot. On me, it's a neutral to cool pink that goes with a variety of looks. It's really pigmented; I dab my brush in the blush once or twice and that's enough for one cheek. This is a good value and for $3, worth trying. Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOWOWOWOW! how can people dislike these blushes?? i can see everyone being able to use & appreciate these but i guess to each their own but as an only drugstore/cheap makeup lover Ive appreciated WNW new releases/formulas since now i will never yearn to spend 20x more money for something just like it.. HE makeup isnt all its hyped up to be most of the time for me...
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Coloricon Blushes are available wherever your WNW products are sold. Mainly in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as some Walmarts. This will vary depending on your location as well as price. The price is typically only $2.99!! super cheap & affordable for the most pigmented blushes from the drugstore, its unreal! if wnw can charge this, how come other companies cant? Also the price can vary with sales/discounts. Which makes it even better!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Coloricon blushes as i stated, are the best & most pigmented blushes from the drugstore! The formula is also amazing! The blushes are soft, pressed well & are the smooth as butter in powder form. The apply so nicely & blend great. For those girls like myself that have super pale vampire skin i suggest either using the lightest touch of blush or even better a duo fiber brush & then a kabuki to blend it out. This is needed since all 4 colors are super duper pigmented. Thats why i suggets these for all from the light to dark skin tones, they will show up. Some may be lighter or darker on the cheeks but all 4 colors are super pretty. Heather Silk is probably my fav of all since its the brightest of the 4 and its matte fuschia pink. Its amazing on my cheeks since it makes me look healthy & like i laughed for hours. I love it! Its a great blush to add to your collection. Its a medium toned fushica pink w/ purple cool undertones to it w/ no shimmer. BEAUTIFUL!!! Its performance is also great! it stays put for hours & hours with little to almost no fading. this will also depend on your skin type. I have normal to dry skin.i also use face primer & most of the time a cream blush but i find w/ these super pigmented blushes, they are best on their own on my skin. This will stay put for over 8 hrs & still look great! Best blush from drugstore in my opinion. Def try Heather Silk..its so pretty!
=PACKAGING=
The WetnWild Coloricon blushes come in a hard sturdy plastic compact. The lid is see thru w/ sticker w/ shade name on it at top and the back is black with a sticker w/ info, labeling & logo. The lid opens & shuts easily. Its not the best packaging but it holds/stores the blush safely & ive traveled w/ these & theyve held up w/ no cracking. The pan size is decent size. I wish they'd just quit giving us crappy brushes but it comes w/ one if needed. Its pretty crappy. i threw mine out. The pan is square shaped & trust me it will last forever since you only need to tap lightly for both cheeks. ive yet to hit pan on any of mine. The blush itself has a swirled patterned/engravement on top. it does not run the whole way thru but its still so pretty that i almost dont want to disturb it.
Overall, This is such a gorgeous pretty amazing blush!!! will i repurchasing?? um, heck ya!! these are the best & i will continue to pray that WNW will give us all more shades in this range to buy. These are awesome! and no more Limited Edition items, its annoying since hardly noone can get them.. Give us some more of these super amazing blushes!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by windson2279

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This blush is so pigmented and gorgous. I think people leaving bad reviews are just being snobby about it. Honestly, it has the same if not more pigment as a MAC blush, it jus has cheap packaging and u have to use a light hand or it can be too much. But what do u expect for the cheap price you pay?
This is one of the only drugstore blushes that show up on my tan NC40 skin without having to build it up. It really is worth the try :)