November 26, 2014 | 1663 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: wore the brown all over the lid and the pink in the crease, SO much better when reversed! didnt bother with the highlighter because its just too white/bright for daytime. i just used my pinky and dabbed the inner corners of my eyes with if for brightness. the brown is the keeper of the trio, the pink is just too...frosty for daytime IMO. i wont repurchase the trio ,but i would get the brown. its a beautiful brown.
----------------------------------------------------------
more like a 2.5
i bought this trio for the pink color. i was trying to look for a knock off of bobbi browns pink eyeshadows. the pigments are rich and buttery but there is so much fall out. also, i am not a big fan of frost and the pink can look frosty. i tried to wear it with the pink on the lid, brown on the crease, but it just looked like a hot mess, you couldnt even see the pink anymore. then i tried the pink alone and it wasnt showing up very well on my NC42 eyelids. i am going to try it with the brown on the lid and the pink on the crease tonight & see what happens. it was very cheap so i am not taking it back but hopefully i can get it to work on me. i definitely wont be using the highlighter because its just too white, i need a more yellow toned (like cream colored) highlighter for my skin tone. good stuff from WNW though, havent used their products since highschool!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by 1993

LOVE this trio! I have been looking into WnW Eye Shadows more lately. I bought "Don't Steal my Thunder" sometime earlier this year after reading good reviews on it, then I did a bit more reviewing, and bought the "Comfort Zone" Palette, and just yesterday purchased the "Sweet as Candy" Trio. I must say that I am loving these eye shadows and the different looks I can create from them! I do notice that mainly the crease colors have a good bit of glitter in them, but they don't really show up as that ( looks glittery in the palette but not so much on the eye) I think these have a decent pigmentation on me and for the price, you can't beat them! For the 3 shadow trio ( Sweet as Candy ) I paid 2.99 at Walgreens, and for the 8 color palette ( Comfort Zone ) I paid 4.99, so, that is pretty good! I would repurchase these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont know if there are many people using this trio the way i do, but i suggest this way for a very sexy look. actually its very easy, i just use the crease for the lid and vice versa. its because i love this crease color a lot (its a pitty it comes less than the actual pink lid color). its an amazing cool brown which is not very dark and not too shimmery (actually this is the reason i chose this quad). ideal for natural smokey eye ! i use the pink lid color in the crease to warm up the whole look and i use just a little bit of the lightest color to lighten under the eyebrows as well as in the inner corners. i have the walking on the eggshells too, which is the most natural trio in the series, but texturewise this one is much better because its less powdery and you can actually work with a brush and colors wont fade away (see my review for walking on eggshells).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I love this palette. It never fails me. In fact, I notice I get a lot of compliments when I wear these three colours together. The pink colour on the lid seems to wear really well with my brown eyes, and then the brown in the crease is actually one of my favourite crease colours, it must set everything off. And the off-white cream colour as a browbone highlight and in the inner corners lights everything up. When I travel, I make sure I bring this trio with me because it's a good go-to when I don't want to lug a ton of eyeshadows around. Wet 'n' Wild is very affordable, and does not test on animals.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So confused about this one. I have a lot of wet n' wild eyeshadows and the quality is great, very soft and buttery texture, however, for some reason sweet as candy does not have the same quality. I LOVE the crease shade so much! and the eyelid and browbone shades are nice as well. So for the colors i would give this 5 lippies. For the texture on the other hand, i feel like i'm trying too hard to get enough color on my brush or even when I use it with my fingers. I thought maybe I got a bad one so I repurchased it and it was still the same. If I try a little harder than the rest of their palettes, I can still get a great look, so its still workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by olithea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this but I definitely got what I paid for. The color payoff was good on all three colors, but the eyelid color had a lot of fallout. I generally don't wear makeup for longer than 4 hours, and I didn't notice a lot of creasing in that time. I would have liked the crease color to be more matte, since I have hooded eyes and wanted the eyelid color to stand out more. The eyelid color made an absolute mess inside the packaging, and when I went to clean it out today, I accidentally dropped it and that whole color shattered while the other two were fine. I'm not devastated, I have colors that I can use instead of that, but now it's not as convenient. I might buy it again since I only spent $1 on it and it wasn't too bad. It looked nice on my cool skin, it was just messy. I mostly just picked it up for travel so I didn't have to carry a bigger palette with me to do daytime eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by vivo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love LOVE THIS! I'm Asian ( yellow/pink undertones) and this looks great with my brown eyes. I don't care much for the brow one color because I have double lids and it doesn't look flattering when I take color up that far. The pink and brown is very nice. Just have to blend with a light hand LIGHT hand. Great for everyday wear! And easy to carry around!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by cmtodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I LOVE MAC products but since getting married and trying to save some money I am shopping in the drug store market again. I liked the color of this palet and thought I would give it a try. Honestly I was amazed at how well this stayed on and the color was great. Coming from MAC this is great and I know it looks good.

I will be buying again and checking out other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by STlCKY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Pretty amazing for such a cheap price. I was going to pick up Walking on Eggshells, but ended up with this trio instead.

The pink shadow lacks pigmentation, but the white and brown are pretty good. Good for travel, since the packaging is small and the colors are good for a everyday, soft look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is seriously my go-to palette. I've been doing a lot more natural/neutral looks lately, and this has taken all the guess work out of it.
I usually have passed up on WnW anything because I've been so disappointed of them in the past. I've tried other trios, but haven't had much success. However, Sweet as Candy is different. The colors are really complimentry of each other, they blend wonderfully, and each eyeshadow has decent pigmentation.
Like someone reviewed below, the pink shade sort of lacks pigmentation. You can build it up to get it the way you want it to, but I've found that it can wear down to a soft pink as the day goes on, even with a primer.
The brown shade is pretty decent and has really good color payoff. It's a shade that can easily be darker or lighter depending on how much you use.
The vanilla shade has some serious pigmentation and has huge color payoff. Its really shimmery, so if you're someone who doesn't like a high shimmer on their brow bone, I suggest you use this lightly.
The included brushes, a sponge tip and a regular small brush, are a joke. I wouldn't use these at all, and generally throw them out.
This has been my favorite trio from WnW so far. I suggest it for people who want something they can easily carry with them in their bag or for travel and need something small.
I would buy this trio again, however I see myself only really needing to buy the pink shade again.