Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

Price: $

on 1/5/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this on my lunch hour one day because I hadn't worn eye makeup to work and realized halfway through the morning that I looked like a corpse, which is not the look. So I grabbed this and just used my fingers to swipe some of the pink shade across my lid, the highlight on brow bones/inner corners, and the crease color on a sponge tip to line my eyes. it was a really nice subtle look. I love the crease color and use it the most, usually all over the lid. The other two are a little shimmery for me to wear on an everyday basis, but I think they are pretty legit dupes for MAC's shroom and naked lunch. The texture is incredibly smooth, almost like a cream, and they're very pigmented. I have crazy oily lids, but these actually held up really well, about 5 hours without a primer and very little creasing. These really are the best drugstore shadows.

on 12/15/2012 2:32:00 PM

I had seen alot of positive remarks about this product, so i decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly suprised by how pigmented the colors were, and they complimented eachother nicely. The kit comes with a sponge applicator brush and a bristle aplicator brush. The bristle brush is cute and works ok, but i felt the sponge aplicator was too hard to use, so i use my own brushes. Overall, the shadow is a great buy for so little cost, and i would buy it again. I really like the look you can create with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOOOP WOOP ITS SNOWING!!! Anyway..I have seen so many youtube gurus rave about the wnw shadows, so I had to try one.
My gift card wasnt working at the checkout so i had to use cash!BOOHOO!! but i do not regret buying this with cash at all!!!
The colours are so buttery and smooth and pretty pigmented! The only thing i do not like is that the pink filmed on me and i cant get and colour off now!!! I must be a sign to get some more wnw trios!!

on 11/20/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say this is my favorite trio from wet n wild by far i prefer this to the walking on eggshells trio because i think the colors look better on my skin tone than that one. I love lovee the pink color ,u can just use it all over your lid and apply some eyeliner and im set with my eye makeup. Will definitely repurchase this again.

on 11/6/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

While the general formula of these shadows are buttery and smooth, it took way too much of them to show up on my eyelids. All I could see is frost. I returned this to the store. Not very WOC friendly.

on 11/6/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: wore the brown all over the lid and the pink in the crease, SO much better when reversed! didnt bother with the highlighter because its just too white/bright for daytime. i just used my pinky and dabbed the inner corners of my eyes with if for brightness. the brown is the keeper of the trio, the pink is just too...frosty for daytime IMO. i wont repurchase the trio ,but i would get the brown. its a beautiful brown.
----------------------------------------------------------
more like a 2.5
i bought this trio for the pink color. i was trying to look for a knock off of bobbi browns pink eyeshadows. the pigments are rich and buttery but there is so much fall out. also, i am not a big fan of frost and the pink can look frosty. i tried to wear it with the pink on the lid, brown on the crease, but it just looked like a hot mess, you couldnt even see the pink anymore. then i tried the pink alone and it wasnt showing up very well on my NC42 eyelids. i am going to try it with the brown on the lid and the pink on the crease tonight & see what happens. it was very cheap so i am not taking it back but hopefully i can get it to work on me. i definitely wont be using the highlighter because its just too white, i need a more yellow toned (like cream colored) highlighter for my skin tone. good stuff from WNW though, havent used their products since highschool!

on 9/16/2012 11:20:00 AM

LOVE this trio! I have been looking into WnW Eye Shadows more lately. I bought "Don't Steal my Thunder" sometime earlier this year after reading good reviews on it, then I did a bit more reviewing, and bought the "Comfort Zone" Palette, and just yesterday purchased the "Sweet as Candy" Trio. I must say that I am loving these eye shadows and the different looks I can create from them! I do notice that mainly the crease colors have a good bit of glitter in them, but they don't really show up as that ( looks glittery in the palette but not so much on the eye) I think these have a decent pigmentation on me and for the price, you can't beat them! For the 3 shadow trio ( Sweet as Candy ) I paid 2.99 at Walgreens, and for the 8 color palette ( Comfort Zone ) I paid 4.99, so, that is pretty good! I would repurchase these.

on 8/22/2012 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i dont know if there are many people using this trio the way i do, but i suggest this way for a very sexy look. actually its very easy, i just use the crease for the lid and vice versa. its because i love this crease color a lot (its a pitty it comes less than the actual pink lid color). its an amazing cool brown which is not very dark and not too shimmery (actually this is the reason i chose this quad). ideal for natural smokey eye ! i use the pink lid color in the crease to warm up the whole look and i use just a little bit of the lightest color to lighten under the eyebrows as well as in the inner corners. i have the walking on the eggshells too, which is the most natural trio in the series, but texturewise this one is much better because its less powdery and you can actually work with a brush and colors wont fade away (see my review for walking on eggshells).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette. It never fails me. In fact, I notice I get a lot of compliments when I wear these three colours together. The pink colour on the lid seems to wear really well with my brown eyes, and then the brown in the crease is actually one of my favourite crease colours, it must set everything off. And the off-white cream colour as a browbone highlight and in the inner corners lights everything up. When I travel, I make sure I bring this trio with me because it's a good go-to when I don't want to lug a ton of eyeshadows around. Wet 'n' Wild is very affordable, and does not test on animals.

on 7/28/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

So confused about this one. I have a lot of wet n' wild eyeshadows and the quality is great, very soft and buttery texture, however, for some reason sweet as candy does not have the same quality. I LOVE the crease shade so much! and the eyelid and browbone shades are nice as well. So for the colors i would give this 5 lippies. For the texture on the other hand, i feel like i'm trying too hard to get enough color on my brush or even when I use it with my fingers. I thought maybe I got a bad one so I repurchased it and it was still the same. If I try a little harder than the rest of their palettes, I can still get a great look, so its still workable.

Video Reviews & Tutorials