Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 8/15/2012 11:53:00 PM

Holy cow, I don't write many reviews, but I'm amazed by this blush and had to add to the raves on here. I recently bought it as a cheaper alternative for travel to my go to daytime blush Nars Douceur. I never though I would say this, but this blush outshines Douceur by a mile, and at 1/6 the price. It looks like a boring light pink in the pan but on the cheeks it's a gorgeous neutral peach, neither too warm nor too cool, goes with everything, and simultaneously sculpts and highlights my cheeks and gives them a glow. Good stuff!

on 8/8/2012 7:41:00 AM

Got this blush based on the reviews and I really do love it. I can easily see this being one of my favorites. I do not wear a lot of blush because I have some redness in my cheeks already, but after applying foundation I like to apply just a little. I have pale skin also. This blush applys a nice, muted pink color to my face. I think the color is lighter than what is actually in the pictures, but it's still dark enough that it will show up on you face. You really can't overdue it with this blush, which is nice. Will buy again!

on 7/30/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Holy Grail Blush!!!! This works wonders on my aging, pale, freckly complexion which also has a touch of rosacea that normally looks awful with blush.

This looks polished, classic and refined. Seems to tone down the red bits, and liven up my face without making me look clownish or like I'm suffering a high fever!

I brush it on with my own blush brush as the one that it comes with is useless, and suddenly I look younger and healthier. Great blush. Never seems to go on too heavy either. Very sheer application, but just enough to make my face look finished and polished.

on 7/13/2012 1:17:00 AM

I've used this for months and I love it! I'm an NW 15 and it adds the perfect amount of color to my skin! It's not too shimmery or overpowering in any way. Very nice pigmentation and affordable. I'll most definitely continue to repurchase :)

on 7/10/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

After running out of my beloved NARS Orgasm, I decided to give this a whirl. I have to admit, my affair with Orgasm ended because after prolonged use, the "shimmer" to me seemed like pure glitter. I couldn't stand it anymore.

Although this looks odd in the packaging, it looks AMAZING on my skin. I am NC15/NC20 at MAC. This is pigmented, but buildable - which I adore. I had to put a lot of work into blending out Orgasm to make it look at least somewhat natural. With Santa Rose however, I can get the perfect, natural glow with minimal effort. Brilliant.

on 7/7/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Three words: Dupe for Orgasm.

on 7/7/2012 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I absolutely love this blush. I'm not usually a fan of shimmery blushes, but this one is an exception because the shimmer is not over-the-top, and because the gorgeous colour makes up for it. It is very pigmented, lasts very well on my skin, and is very affordable. I will definietly repurchase this blush if i ever run out of it.

on 6/20/2012 10:04:00 AM

This color is so pretty, stays on, but isn't that highly pigmented for a blush, but for the price I would buy again!

on 5/23/2012 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Rimmel must have reformulated this blush. I have an old pan of it from probably four or five years ago, and the color is gorgeous, the texture silky, and the sparkle minimal. The original Santa Rose is a flattering peachy pink with a hint of sparkle. The new Santa Rose I bought recently is a totally different color. It's now a muddier, an orange-y pink color that was a sparkly mess on me.

I would have gladly repurchased the original, but the new Santa Rose is terrible.

on 5/15/2012 12:11:00 PM

This is one of those dirt cheap emergency make up buys. Normally, they are a total disaster area, but not this one. It's an ideal 'natural flush' shade for my fair skin (no darker than NC20) and is perfect with pinky or red lip colours (I use more peachy/coral tones with corally lip shades to avoid an 80's style colour clash).

The pigmentation is fine on my skintone. Not so 'loud' that i look like a clown with half a swipe, but not so feeble that I need half the pot to do the job.

Lasting power not so great, I need to reapply halfway through the day, but the price is SO reasonable that I can more than forgive that.

Packaging is what you'd expect from a budget brand, nothing luxe or special; functional and to the point. No frills; no brush, no mirror but so what? Compact brushes are utterly useless 99.9% of the time and I carry a mirror in my MU bag anyway [shrug].