November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by backstagebettie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hands down best eye primer I've ever used and I've tried them all. my only complaint is you get very little product. I don't mind spending more for quality but a tube doesn't last very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrydoesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have already repurchased this product. It is AMAZING at making your eyeshadow last without creasing on your lids but I think it is just too expensive... I need to use this everyday and it only lasts me around 2 or 3 months. If you have the money, go buy it since it is my HG eyeshadow primer but I just wish this was a bit cheaper...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not a fan of the universally-loved NARS eye primer. My HG is Laura Mercier's eye basics, and I find that I prefer the creamier texture of that. This is almost waxy in texture. I would put 3-4 dots on my eyelid and try to blend it in with my fingertips, and sometimes I could still see white waxy patches even after repeated blending. Also, after applying it I would put on eyeshadow and it would also be patchy. I don't think this blends well in general. In defense of NARS, I was battling an eczema outbreak at the time I was trying this, but even so, the LM still wore better on my dry patches. Returned this to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A bit of a disappointment for me given the price and general reputable nature of NARS products. The packaging is deceiving--there is not that much product and I don't know about anyone else but I barely get anything on the wand. Though, it's ultimately not too big of a problem because it takes really little product to do the trick. The other eye primer I wear frequently is the Urbay Decay Primer Potion (UDPP).

This primer applies really well, quite smoothly actually. And it does a pretty good job of keeping makeup from smearing. Though the packaging is deceiving, a little bit of product goes a long way.

But my problem with this is that my eyeshadow does not apply well over this primer. It makes my eyeshadow patchy! UDPP makes it hard for me to blend my eyeshadow, which is what led me astray, but at least it's not patchy. I'm not sure if I need to let it dry first, or maybe I'm using too much (don't think so) or if it's just the nature of this primer.

So on the one hand, it's an effective primer in that it does a better job than other products I've tried keeping my eyeliner and shadow from smudging. But on the other hand, my eyeshadow looks patchy.

I will keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this to give a slight white hue to the eye area. I thought I may have put on too much, but once I put on less it also became less effective. I prefer the Laura Mercier eye primer in Flax as it does a better job keeping my eye shadow in place and doesn't make my eye area glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this for a long time, as everyone seems to love it. I ended up returning it because it definitely didn't do the job well enough as my MAC paint pots or urban decay primer potions do. I have oily lids and this was just like running a lotion on your lids, did not feel like it was doing anything.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a mini of this as a Sephora VIB reward -- I was really excited because I've wanted to try it for years. Up to now, I've been using Urban Decay Primer Potion to make it possible for me to wear eyeshadow. I have really oily lids so if I don't wear eye primer, the shadow creases within an hour, my liner smears off, and my mascara ends up smudged under my eyes, a la a hooker raccoon. Pros: I love the doe-foot wand applicator of this, much more so than the UDPP tube, and the thin consistency (UDPP is THICK). And this product definitely does prevent smudging and smearing. Cons: The main bummer with this (aside from the high price and small quantity) is that it makes my eyeshadow application very patchy. The shadow just won't go on in some areas, and I can't figure out why that is - with UDPP, my shadow applies evenly and really pops. The NARS primer does nothing for the intensity of the shadow at all. So I won't be buying a full-size one. Next one I'll try is Wet N Wild Fergie -- I've heard great things....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by emm_1606

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best e/s primer I ever had !!!!
I've worked in a huge drugstore in Quebec for years, in the cosmetics section. We had a lot of brands, such as Guerlain, Clinique, Stila, Lancôme, Clarins, etc. I tried a lot of things.
And because of my job, I had to wear eyeshadows.
I have combination skin and dry undereyes, but really oily lids.
Everything creases on me, without a primer.
I used too faced shadow insurance in the past, and it worked really well. Unfortunately, for some reason, it doesn't work on me anymore.
This thing does. I could wear e/s for hours and hours (and probably wake up with really nice makeup in the morning !!!!)
It's colorless, which is a good thing for me.
It makes the colors pop, and mostly, it doesn't crease at all. I didn't believe it was possible anymore ! It is !!!!
Now I can wear anything !!!! Really worth the 29$ i paid for !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by krissyjolene

I bought this with high hopes but it didn't work for me! My make up went on beautifully but after about 4-6 hours my eyes started to crease...very annoying. I like the texture and packaging of this product a lot and I liked it while it lasted. I would have held onto this if I needed something for just doing my make up for an evening only.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super product worth investing in! Shadows never last on my oily lids and this primer is a miracle! It's hard to overlook more tempting products when make up shopping such as lipsticks, blushers etc, but primers are basic make up kit essentials!