December 22, 2014 | 933 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean pressed powder - Sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mmmakeupfreakkk

i got this product from my sister, since she wasn't going to use it anymore btw... well, this product is okay but not the best for keeping a face matte, light and blemish-covered. its kay for keeping it nice and fresh but not the best at it. i like how it dosent give me acne or whiteheads like most of my products do, and i also like how it tends to keep me A LITTLE matte, . i would like a product that would keep me fully matte for 7 to 10 hours, so im deciding to buy the oily skin pressed powder. i would not buy this powder again. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by applecour

So, right now is the first time I've used this product. I applied the Clean Sensitive skin makeup, and patted this over top. Let me just say, it is REALLY powdery. It made some spots on my face exceptionally dried up, such as around my nose. That happened immediately upon application. I think this may do better if applied with a brush, which is what I'll try tomorrow morning. It does have very good oil control from what I can tell. Usually in a matter of minutes the creases of my nose get slick. Not yet! Hopefully this doesn't break me out! The compact is pretty sturdy looking/feeling. We shall see if this withstands the test of time. It usually only takes about 5-7 days before I know whether or not a product is for me or not. I'll be editing ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

On a daily basis, I am not usually wearing much make up. I usually wear just a mascara 1 or 2 days a week. But don't be misinformed- i have just as much makeup as the next person. i like sales, what can I say?

Which brings me to this. A couple weeks ago I broke out more than I thought was humanly possible. During this time, I decided to layer this on top of Almay Clear Complexion foundation. It worked like a charm, and soon my acne was cleared up.

This looses on lippie because I am fairly confident this oxidizes SLIGHTLY. I'll look in the mirror a couple hours after applying and my face is much more tan than I remembered that morning. It is so slight though it really does not bother me, but I also do not apply it very much. All I know, maybe it is two dark for me (though I have the lightest one).

The compact seems pretty sturdy and I like it. I also use the puff it came with because it does not apply right on my skin when I use one of my brushes. All the same! Try it if you are thinking about it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edit: OMG THIS BROKE ME OUT SO BAD. Like so bad that I don't even wanna leave the house until my face clears up. I dunno what's in this stuff to cause such a tremendous breakout, but mother of god, it's awful. I've got huge, painful cysts everywhere now. Shame, the color was so perfect too!

------------------------------------
(original review)Don't look now, but I THINK I may have found my HG pressed powder. I have a LOT of trouble finding adequate face powders. I'm really pale & almost every powder is just a leeeetle too dark for me, or else if I DO find a color that works, it ends up caking up or breaking me out, so I'm just never satisfied. I used the regular Clean powder for about a decade but recently found myself breaking out & developing slight skin irritation from all the camphor & menthol in it. I switched to Maybelline, which worked for a while but has recently started oxidizing & turning orange on me. Then I tried CG smoothers but the fragrance was WAY too strong & the lightest color was just a tad too dark for me. *lesigh*

So I tried this powder as a last-ditch effort before grudgingly moving on to department store brands. I really don't know why I never tried the Clean powder sensitive skin version before but so far I'm loving it! Creamy Natural is a perfect match for my dracula skintone, and hallelujah- it's UNSCENTED! It disappears into my skin, sets my concealer, & easily matches the look & performance of higher-end powders that I've tried. This is a really underrated product, IMO. The only thing I don't like is the compact. I don't know why CG ever redesigned their compacts but the new ones are just terrible. They're bulky & difficult to open, and they break very easily. I'm thinking about just getting out my heat gun & swapping the new powder pans into an old CG compact or something.

So hopefully this is it for me. Hopefully I don't experience any adverse effects and can finally settle on a readily available CHEAP powder :D continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by marimbist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's okay. Makes your face look furry and hairy though if you use too much. You can only wear it for about three hours before it starts to flake and come off.
Not buying this again. Revlon is WAY better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdgewood

This is my favorite powder to use. It is not too heavy and not too light to use on my skin. My skin is oily around my T zone..so using this powder helps to eliminate the shininess and is perfect for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It blends very well, almost where it looks like I am not wearing any powder! The packaging is okay, but I find that the mirror detaches from the compact fairly easily. Overall, this is the best powder for my skin and I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi - Here I am again reviewing powders and foundations. My skin has become much more sensitive, and I have to watch what I put on my face as my skin will burn like fire, and show it! I used this CG Clean Powder for Sensitive skin just today. I have used the "older models", but I thought they were just so-so. My mother loved them, however and were great on her skin. Going back to this new powder for sensitive skin, I found I really like it! It was like a light foundation which was a real plus for me. I have this in Med. Light. It may be a little pink, but it is fine. I think if people are not getting their correct shades, this may be where some of the negative reviews are coming from. I do not find it powdery or cakey at all. I will update later if I need to, after I have used this for a while:)UPDATE: I still like this powder, but I feel one might have to touch up two or three times a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by carolynduffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder to set my foundation for 10 years. It was the first make-up product I was ever allowed to use. This stuff is great for setting my foundation, it keeps my skin shine free for about 5 or so hours. I always keep a powder in my purse to reset my foundation. This powder has a clean smell, is light, and helps fight my oily skin. I haven't found a powder yet that can handle my oily skin as well as this one can.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkylipstx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is my best kept secret if you have hyper sensitive skin this powder is for you. This powder is very buildable if you apply a good cream on your face then use a sponge a rubbery kind the kind that comes with the mac studiofix you will get full coverage from this powder like a foundation! Also a good tip is you can also use a shade darker then you are easily since this is just a pressed powder. I use this when i dont want to use foundation it prevents any shine for hours an hours. I also recommend this powder to anyone who wants to stop using foundation all together this is a perfect transitional product. It is cheaper at walmart. I am not crazy about the packaging i depot my powder and stick it in a mac compact LOL dont tell anyone! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NyteRyder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this powder--the color(ivory) is perfect for my pale skin. I have very sensitive skin, but this doesn't make me break out, and just looks lovely--I would recommend it!!!!