October 22, 2014 | 1403 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this pencil! I find myself using it nearly every day. It's great if you're wanting to brighten up your eyes or you've only been awake a few hours and you want to go out without looking completely worn out. I prefer to use this than a plain white pencil because I think they look a bit too harsh on me so this is a wonderful alternative for me. For reference, I am a NW5-10 (very fair) and I didn't have any problems using this pencil. I feared it would make me look like I didn't have a waterline or as though my skin ended at my eyeball and make my eyes appear smaller (crazy, I know) but it definitely doesn't. This is a beautiful alternative to a white pencil because it's less harsh looking and appears much more natural. I hope they don't discontinue this, because it's great.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought two. it's a little light for my skin color which is good because I use it to cover red spots on my face! i also use it to brighten my eyes, although i think i might need the darker shade as it looks closer to my olive complexion....but i bought two just in case!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Attention those with ACNE SCARRING.
I have slightly depressed scars on one of my cheeks that I can cover decently in the day (bobbi brown creamy concealer in porcelain followed by mac MSF natural in light medium), but at night harsh lights tend to emphasise the scars and cast a 'shadow' making them darker than they are.
I believe this pencil actually fixes it. Couldn't believe it when I tried it on them! I don't use this as an eyeliner - its not a good colour for me. But I'm so glad it works for my scars and I will definitely be buying a backup! Finally, I have literally tried everything, but nothing has changed the texture enough to stop the 'shadow'.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great for covering redness on my waterline. The formula is creamy and it stays put for most of the day, but it also removes easily with the right cleanser. Great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Lovely product. Different packaging than regular Mac eye pencils (is that term even valid when it comes to pencils?). Normally Mac eyeliner pencils are made of wood painted black, whilst this is left natural, with a sort of tawny color all around and a transparent cap - that way you can always tell it apart in your eye makeup stash. Anyhow, it performs great. The color is slightly lighter than my natural skin tone, probably a shade I would pick for under-eye concealer or cheek highlighter, which makes it useful for various reasons: First off, you can use it to sharpen the look of any dark lines wherever applied, e.g. right under the flick of your liquid eyeliner, or outside your natural lip line when wearing a dark lip etc. You can also use it to subtly bring out the cupid's bow in a discrete, non-shiny way. Furthermore, it looks beautiful as a natural inner tearduct and browbone highlighter for daytime looks, especially when blended out a little for maximum credibility. But what I mainly use it for, above all other purposes, is brightening up the waterline, since white tends to look quite harsh so I've completely excluded it from my daytime routine. This goes on like a dream, it's soft and creamy and it takes away all the redness while opening up the eye, making you look more awake. I'd been looking for a shade like this for a very long time and I'm so glad Mac made it permanent, even as a pro item. Recommended to anyone.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like the idea of a white eye pencil on my waterline - a bit too stark and unnatural looking. But there were times when I wanted "something" and didn't want to go the dark route - it's not that appropriate in my line of work and looks a bit too vampy for me for daytime/work. So when this came out from MAC I thought "at last". I really like it. It takes the red tinge away from the rims of my eyes if I'm tired or just not looking too bright. How I wish this weren't Limited Edition. There are so few products like this available that I'm surprised MAC hasn't made this permanent.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this pencil (NC15/NW20) without hesitation and I am SO glad I got it. Its a perfect waterline colour to open up my green eyes. Its creamy,pigmented,glides on really easily and stays put for a looong time. Even when it fades a bit it still looks so natural.

Really glad to read down below that this will be permanent at pro stores because I will most def. be buying it again.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the price, for me its a bit too pricy for a pencil. AUD$32 or so i beleive. To me thats a crazy amount for a pencil, but...it's worth it.

Overall Rating 5/5

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by heyitskristie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These pencils will be permanent and available at mac pro stores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

The perfect waterline color. I'm very pleased that MAC finally released an eye pencil like this because I could never find any eyeliner in drugstores or online that compared. The color instantly brightens up your eyes, and matches with endless eye looks- from neutral, bright or intense. There are some days that I have dark lid and crease color going on, adding a dark eyeliner can be to harsh sometimes and I was using a white eyeliner (MAC's fascinating- which I love to!) however, some days white would look a bit to stark- so I decided I would try this....the reviews convinced me I would be getting a fab product :) This gives you a fresh, awake look that is more subtle then a white eyeliner. I personally have no issues with waterline colors fading on myself, and this products does not budge all day- so I think it could work for anyone. I'm so happy I purchased this. Its also great under your brow for a more defined brow line and can be used as a lipliner to prevent feathering - you'll love it ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Saw all the great reviews and realized that I might be missing out on a good product that would be hard to find later. Went on line - they were sold out and so drove to Macy's and voila - they had it! I have been using it in the corners of my eyes and on my lower water line. Love it. Stays on for a long time and would just be great to carry around with you to freshen up your eyes - easy way to brighten up your look as the day goes on. Easy to carry and use - great pay off!