December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so sad. I really did want to love this. It removed my makeup perfectly and completely, which is no easy task- I wear Revlon Colourstay most of the time. The bottle and pump were easy enough, the foam was creamy, it smelled good, it was cheap... But it broke me out horribly. After a week and a half of using it, I had seven painful zits. I hadn't changed anything else, so this was, sadly, the culprit. I couldn't knock the rating down all the way, because it did a wonderful job at removing my makeup. It just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely the best cleanser and the best makeup remover I've ever used! And the fact that it is two products in one, is an added bonus. I have sensitive and dry skin, and use Revlon Colorstay foundation, and some serious MAC eye makeup; and this makeup removing cleanser removes ALL my makeup with three simple pumps of this product. I have NEVER come across a makeup remover that removes makeup without the use of an extra toner or extra makeup remover product! I really hope this product stays on the shelves for a long time because it is excellent. It doesn't sting my eyes, it doesn't make my skin dry and tight, and it's lovely feeling and gentle, yet efficient. What a gem. I will buy again, and most likely buy some back-ups. I also use this product on my skin in the morning for just regular cleaning to get a fresh-feeling face to start the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by catlover9_9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very good, non-drying, non-irritating cleanser. My skin is oilier in the summer, drier in the winter, with rosacea (well controlled by Metrogel) all year round. This Aveeno cleanser removes my makeup very well without aggravating my complexion in any way. I can even use it to remove non-waterproof mascara in a pinch. And it's cheap! I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by adiep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have extremely dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin and this cleanser was not overly drying. I think it does a decent job cleaning and removing make up at the end of the night. I also use it in the morning to rinse away any oil and dirt from bed time. It has a generic flower soapy smell. Overall I do like this cleanser. For the value it effective removes non water proof make up, oil and dirt well with out irritating my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser at walmart for I think about 6-7 dollars. It's my first Aveeno face product and I have to say that I am surprised at how efficient it is in cleansing my skin. I usually need 1-2 pumps to thoroughly remove my makeup including my mascara and my face feels so clean and refreshed after. It also has a faint pleasant and calming scent to it which I really like because I have tried cleansers that are too heavily fragranted (Lancome, Lo'real etc )they make me feel like I have dried off perfume on my face. The only downside of this product is that it dries out my skin a little bit but then again it might be because I wash my face a second time after I removed my makeup just to ensure that my face is clean. A moisturizer can easily fix that though. Will definitely repurchase, this and DHC cleansing oil are my absolute favorite makeup removing/cleansing products but DHC is kinda pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for something to wash off all my makeup for a while, because with other cleansers, some specifically makeup cleansers, I have had to scrub my face until its bright red, and there still will be residue left on my face. I love the packaging, one pump is enough for my face and neck. I love that it foams up and it feels light. It also smells really refreshing. I use this with my scrublet (available at Sephora and w Loreal go 360 clean) to gently massage the product on my skin for about 1/2-1 minute and I find it's a great combination. It literally dissolves makeup in one cleaning and I wear all long wearing products usually. I was only able to find this at Ulta after looking at CVS's and my Target near me. This is a great product for every type of skin, even extremely sensitive. HG status right here.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It truly is an all-in-one makeup remover. It removes foundation, waterproof mascara, lipstick, and sunscreen. I use this to remove makeup and follow with Cetaphil's Daily Cleanser (the clear one) and there is a noticeable improvement of my skin; I was breaking out before because I did not properly removing my sunscreen. One pump a day is enough for everything.

With waterproof mascara, you might have to massage it in for a bit. The more mascara you wear, the harder it is to catch all of it so I always keep around a separate waterproof eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by cheerjules

I have used a lot of expensive cleansers. I would have to say that this product has been one of the best ones I've ever used and it's super affordable and I would say cheap compared to others. It not only removes all the make up on my face ( except sometimes it doesn't remove all my mascara) it leaves my skin super soft and smooth. It' has definately improved my skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by terfulford

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best cleanser I have tried!!! Usually I use an eye makeup remover first then I go and cleanse. I put it to the test and rubbed my eyes with the cleanser and I thought this is going to sting but it didn't and 99% of my eye makeup was gone. I was getting ready to purchase some more eye makeup remover but this has saved me the money of doing that. So unless something changes for me I will be repurchasing this when it is gone!!! Great Job Aveeno!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best drugstore makeup remover out right now. I wear Colorstay and, while it still leaves traces sometimes, it removes WAAAY more than the Olay or Neutrogena products I've tried. It removes my eye makeup completely.