December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Undercurrent

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy 10 more of this if it hadn't sold out at my MAC counter. This, Industrial and Almost Noir are killer colors. Undercurrent is an intensely pigmented teal-turquoise liner that glides on with no trouble and stays put on my rather oily eyelids. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by tomoyopop

Wowzah, wowzah, wowzah. This color is SHINY. The sample color on the website makes the color and sparkle look way understated than it actually is in reality (for all the Pearlglide Intense liners). This would be a great liner for night. I don't know what I was thinking, buying this and intending to use it for daytime purposes. My general thinking is that Powerpoints are great day pencils, while Pearlglide Intense liners are for night. Don't get me wrong, Undercurrent is a very pretty color; it looks like an iridescent aqua on the website, but is actually like a very iridescent blue-green mermaid tail color. It goes on extremely smoothly (almost too easily) and stays on for a long time (although with a bit of flaking after an hour or two). For me, however, it's going to be staying in my makeup bag for awhile before I find a way to wear it without looking like I'm ready for Mardi Gras, especially since I'm Asian and have smaller eyes that don't really have room for extravagant colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful color, stays on, my only problem is that it irritates my eyes so much, I've been crying all day :(, I wore it on my waterline for the first time today.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you can only buy one of MAC's new pearlglide eyepencils THIS IS THE ONE 2 GET!!! It is a gorgeous teal color with very very FINE gold sparkles. The lasting power is AMAZING! I'm a person that anything that goes on my waterline disappears with in an hour, but this stays on until I take it off. Last night I wore it on my waterline & accidentally fell asleep with my makeup on (I know...a NO NO, lol) & it was still on this morning. I have sensitive eyes & it does not irritate them. All of the pencils in this collection are beautiful, but I <3 <3 <3 this one! Get one while u still can!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I generally don't use or gravitate towards bright e/l but I make exceptions every now and then. I did this with Tealo, and when Rave came out, I had to have it.

So here is Undercurrent, sitting there on display at the MAC counter, and I swatch it on my NC40 hand...oh WowwoOOWwWooOOoWW! Bright? Yes. Green (and I love green)? Yes, but a green teal. Sparkly? Yes, but very fine micro sparkly gold bits. Do I love it? YES! It truly pops without looking cheap or garish (as long as you use it judiciously). I applied some to my lower lash line today and my eyes look more awake...only problem is, I look like I should be out somewhere instead of stuck at home working on the computer!

I think this would be absolutely lovely at night...I want to try this with Steamy to see how bright this will go...SO glad I bought two of these (they were the last two the MAC SA had!)...

UPDATE (4/25/10): I am removing a lippie because this e/l irritates my eyes like crazy! After wearing this, my lower lash line is all red. I have tried this e/l and Black Line several times with the same result. Booo...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As so many have already said, this is the absolute standout color of the Pearlglide Intense Eyeliners! I don't so much view this pencil as teal as much as I do green, but it is an amazing color. MAC is finally getting it right with these pencils, and I'd say that if they keep up this Pearlglide Intense line they will be barking right up UD's tree with their 24/7 Glide On Eye pencils, which are my absolute faves in terms of color selection and quality. I initially bought one of these and went back and got the last one. A beautiful find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to agree with everyone and say this is a beyond gorgeous e/l..I wear liquid liner on my upper lashline so I try not to collect too many pencil e/l because I only wear them on my lower lashline and not even in the waterline. I saw swatches of this though and had to have it. I love the glitter BUT whenever I wear this I get alot of fallout throughout the day. It's hard to tell if it's the glitter thats flaking or the product itself, I'm just left with dark specks on my cheeks that I have to wipe off during the day and I hate that! UD 24/7 liners don't do this to me so minus a lippie for that! The unique color and glitter combo and price (compared to UD) would still make me repurchase though and maybe I can find a way to use this so it won't flake!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not that excited about glitter but I do love a good pencil liner.

Let me tell you a money saving secret. If you aren't a glitter lover either (and yes, this is very tiny, fine glitter in Undercurrent)-go the the drugstore and get yourself Rimmel Kohl Kajal Pencil Liner in Jungle Green. The EXACT same color-sans glitter and for a lot less money, too.

MAC once again disappoints.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying that this is the most beautiful eyeliner I have ever owned in my life. I am such a sucker for teal, so when I saw the swatch of undercurrent, and saw that the color was leaning more towards the green end of the teal spectrum, I was sold. I have never owned one of MAC's pearlglide liners, but I have used other high end brands like MUFE Aqua eyes and UD 24/7, and they are fantastic. But I was not expecting such amazing pigmentation! There is a lot of glitter but it is very fine and compliments the color beautifully. Undercurrent is best used for an evening out or special occasion since it is so bold. My husband and I attended a formal event for his work and I wore All that Giltters on my lid, Satin Taupe in my crease and Undercurrent smudged on my lower lashline for a pop of color. It was GORGEOUS!! This color was the showstopper of the collection so if you can find one, pick it up!! You won't be sorry.