July 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by HPgurl2288

Usually I'm not a fan of cream blushes, mostly due to my weariness of messing up my foundation. This is the first product works well with foundation already applied and the color is true and stays on throughout the whole day. Looks super natural too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by babydollkarina28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in #6 Quickie and I LOVE IT!!!! It lasts all day and it's the perfect everyday color for light to medium skintones. I have super oily skin and I would never have thought I could pull off a cream/liquid blush before trying this MUDE HD Blush. Try it it is GREAT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

My heart bleeds when product is wasted, that's why i'm gonna dispense two alternatives on how to control that dreaded pump that the packaging designers at MUFE screwed up.

As with all cream/gel/stain blushes, i believe in dispensing them at the back of the hand to blend out and warm up before applying onto the complexion. When the product is warmed up it sinks in better. The back of your hand is a like a palette, you can use it to gauge and to vary the control and the amount of product needed. If you apply the product directly onto your skin there's too much risk of using too much/blending not quickly enough hence creating uneven patches.

That might help those ladies with problems using cream blushes but doesn't solve the dreaded pump problem yet, so this is what you do: Clench your left hand into a fist. Using your right hand, press the tip of the pump dispenser tightly against the side/back of your left fist, then depress the pump to dispense. By doing this, you're blocking and stopping the product from rushing out like a uncontrollable tidal wave. Then blend out that small amount onto the back of your hand and apply in very light layers. Because this blush is very pigmented, go slowly.

Lastly, this is what did. Because i have an eye cream with a similar problematic packaging, i dispensed small amounts of the product into a small screwlid jar and applied it from the jar instead of the pump bottle. You can buy these tiny plastic airtight jars from any vanity stores (i bought mine from SaSa in Singapore). First you sanitize them with alcohol (i used MAC's brush cleanser) and then do a few pumps of the blush, screw it tight and off you go. Finally, you still need the back of your hand as a palette, cos this blush is waaaaay pigmented.

That said i applaud MUFE's wonderful breakthrough creme formula, it reminds me of Becca's Beach Tint (which i love as well) minus all the messy separation. This product is what creme should be. I've had alot of greasy cheek experience from Pot Rouges, Stila CCs and yuk, MAC's cremeblush (that always attracts tons of hair in the pan) but this one sinks right in into nothing. If you do a light layer of powder over, you'd be able to tone down a bit of the vibrancy and it does look like blush glowing from underneath. It does come with some small bronze/gold sparkles but fortunately it doesn't turn up too much on the complexion. (Shimmerphobic here!)

Because i just bought it today i can't be sure if this will become a HG yet but i sure would love to try the other shades. I matched my NC30 warm complexion to #7 (one too many) and it's about 90% close to the natural warm pink that i blush. Rave!

-- UPDATE ---
Turns out this was just a taaaaad too cool for my skintone! Otherwise perfect. Should have gotten one step up which is #8 instead. Up for swaps :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. So far I have bought two of them and they are great. Longlasting, buildable color. You have to use a brush though, and make sure you blend well. Also, be careful the pump can dispense too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by lexielex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this color in #12. The formula is very nice and it's stays on all day. For this color I usually wear Mac Springsheen over it, or Hard Candy Honeymoon. The SA advised me to apply under foundation for a glow from inside out. I usually do this or apply a little powder on top.
Like everyone else said you only need a little of the product, application is kind of tricky. I just stipple it on and blend out with my fingers for the best look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in #14 which is described as pale peach. I'm always nervous wearing peachy/orange colors as I am pink toned and can't pull them off very easily...until I found this blush. I've been searching for a blush similar to what Emily Blunt wears (a pale peachy color that doesn't overpower her light skintone). The finish is not dewey like other cream blushes, instead leaves a matte-ish finish. I havent had any problems with it drying fast as others has complained. I do agree that a lot can squirt out but I've learned to be careful as I pump the product out. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by dharbo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 3 which is a hot pink to me instead of a fuschia. I have seriously never bought such a bright color blush but this goes on so pretty. Imagine you are crushing on someone, then get all dressed and dolled up for a party and suddenly your eye catches a glimpse at your crush. You feel all flushed and tingly inside. Well BAM that's the color of this blush on your skin. It's exactly that color you get. I am medium skin tone and I love it.
I agree that the packaging needs to change, maybe a tube with the long thin applicator tip. A DOT is all you need, any more and you'll look like a total clown. I wish I had more money to get more colors but at 25 bucks a pop it gets to be overkill for my budget! Oh and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND or you will regret it. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked colors #2, #11 and #12, but after trying these out, I'm not in love. It's unique in terms of packaging and being more sanitary, but I much prefer NARS cream blushes, in my opinion those are more pigmented, and easy to work with, and they don't appear "flat".
Pros:
1.packaging is great as it's more sanitary
2. some of the colours are very pigmented
a small amount of product is needed

Cons:
3. This dries quickly, so you have to work fast
4. once this is applied on the cheeks this tends to look flat on the skin.
5. the colours that aren't very pigmented do not last very long at all.
6. The price. I just don't think one is getting what they paid for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've only tried this in Truth or Dare so far, which is a bright fuschia color. I agree with everyone else that the pump mechanism on the bottle is terrible. I tried to squeeze it very very gently and I still got a ton of product and ended up having to wipe it off and toss it-- such a waste! The color, however, is gorgeous. It does require some work, especially since Truth or Dare is a very bright color. I have to blend it quickly with my fingers and buff it with a buki to get it to a intensity that I like. I figure lighter colors wouldn't require this much work, but even so the color is beautiful with all this effort! Surprisingly natural looking, considering how bright the actual product is. I'd love to try other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by funkiemunkiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product so much. Iím obsessed with blush but I always have a problem finding a blush that stays on all day. This blush does have a relatively good staying powder, but the application process is such a pain it ends up not being worth it! The formula dries SOOOO quickly, Iím not even joking. Iíve tried using my fingers, my MAC 187, MAC 168, MAC 109, MAC 129 but nothing works! Once you spread the product out, itís basically already dry. I tried dipping my MAC 187 in the product and then stippling it on my face, but the moment it touches my face, itís already halfway dry. I practically tore my face apart trying to blend this product into my skin. The best way I found is pumping the product on a dish and spreading the product even across the stippling brush, then onto your cheeks. But itís still difficult to apply as the product on the brush is already about 80% dry. Packaging also sucks because itís really difficult to pump out a tiny amount. Maybe Iím just a cream blush noob, but Iíve used NARS, Stila Convertable, Dior, and MAC and none of them ever gave me any problems with application.

Overall, it's not the worst product in the world, but I didn't really like it. I gave it a 3 because its pigmented and lasts relavtively all day. Maybe if I had more time in the morning to carefully blend out the blush, I would like it more.