October 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard this is a great brush for applying liquid foundation but when I tried it it only worked ok. It blends the foundation pretty evenly and can provide quite full coverage if you stipple it. Itīs a really dense brush, almost too dense. I feel it might do a better job if it had just a little more give to it. Then it could really buff the foundation into your skin in stead of just placing it on top. Personally I prefer the sigma f84 angled top kabuki for liquid foundation, but I still get some fair use out of this one. I use it to blend out my blush and bronzer and for that purpuse the density of it really comes in handy. So I guess it worked out after all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

IF YOU WEAR FOUNDATION I RECOMMEND YOU APPLY WITH THIS TOOL. It really does flip your base world upside down. It blends and melts the foundation seamlessly into the skin and eliminates harsh lines your foundation can cause. This brush is beautifully dense and will smooth your foundation out like butter. Worth every penny. I find that I use less product because the coverage you get is generous

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Can't believe I only came across this brush now!! Love love love it!!! Really works the foundation in to the skin and gives such a flawless finish!! I have a mixture of mac and crown foundation brushes and sigma f80 is by far my fave!! Think I'll invest in there eyeshadow brushes next!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by emmageorgiou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the first brush I got from Sigma and I'm so glad that I found it. It gives a BEAUTIFUL finish and can be used to for both stippling and buffing. Absolutely gorgeous. To get an airbrushed finish, you need a lot of dense, tightly packed bristles. That's exactly what a flat top kabuki is. If you're having some problems with your foundation, I'd highly suggest picking up one of these brushes and just seeing what happens because it gives you so much more control than a classic foundation brush. Of course there are cheaper options, I think Sonia Kashuk and Sedona Lace make very similar brushes. I do think this brush is a bit overpriced as there are so many much cheaper options out there. Sigma could definitely be a little smarter with their marketing strategy and lower their prices as people are now gravitating towards cheaper options. I definitely think you get your money's worth though! And the packaging the brush comes in when you order it is adorable.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, I don't quite like this brush all that much. Yes, it makes the finish of my foundation look so perfect, not cakey, so even and smooth and the bristles itself are so soft and densely packed and all. So why can't I obsess over this brush like ten million other girls in the world? Simple, it's the size. The circumference is quite small so it takes longer time to blend in foundation which can be a hassle in the morning. I like the size of my ELF studio powder brush better but it sucks up product like crazy so I decided to give F80 a try to see what the fuss is all about. Simply put, I'm not too impressed. The only thing I like about this brush is that I just need one third of the usual amount of product when I use the ELF studio brush.

Pros:
- Super soft bristles
- Perfect finish
- Doesn't suck up products
- Blends in like a dream
- Doesn't shed
- Affordable

Cons:
- The circumference is way too small, takes longer time to finish applying product compared to ELF studio powder brush
- The ferrule isn't as sturdy as it looks; I've already made a dent on it from dropping the brush accidentally. Doesn't affect performance whatsoever but still it makes me upset.
- Takes forever to dry

Not gonna repurchase. Planning on getting Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by whiteparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love it. When I first applied my foundation with this brush I was like "OMG this is NOT good". I guess I expected miracles as soon as the brush just touched my cheek. Then I started blending and it was just as amazing as people say. My foundation looks flawless. I just bought the Urban Decay all nighter to avoid the cakey look - It's not necessary anymore. But it will (hopefully) make my now perfect foundation last. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Before buying this brush, I read some reviews that said this brush was "mediocre...falls apart easily....overrated....not great..." and I was like wow I'm sure these people are fun at parties.

BUT LET ME ASSURE YOU THIS BABY IS THE BOMB LIKE SWEET MOTHER MARY IT IS FABULOUS. (and you can trust my opinion)

I am only 17 years old, so spending $21 on a makeup brush wasn't really high on my priority list. (I'd rather invest in books, you know?) I had purchased some dupes from Ebay, and they were AMAZING, but I was oh so curious as to whether they compared to the Sigma brushes. So after babysitting a couple hellion children, and pinching some pennies, I finally scrounged enough money to buy a couple of these brushes. (F80, and the F88- the ones I liked best out of my dupes) When I finally got to try them, I was astounded! These are fabulous!!!

I do have to mention though that my dupes are almost as good. They are basically the exact same brushes, except maybe a wee bit less dense. But I do prefer my Sigma (Maybe because of the brand name on them...I hate to be a brand snob but....) So i gave my two dupes to a friend and kept the legit F80, and F88. They really apply foundation flawlessly! Using these brushes cuts my makeup routine time in half. I have troublesome acne and scars, and I usually never have to do a second coat while using this brush, since the synthetic fibers ensure that all the product is being placed on my face.

I recommend these brushes to EVERYONE. Although the prices can be steep when buying more than two at a time (Seriously Sigma, you're good, but why keep raising the prices? Slow down there Satan.Some of us have budgets) I think these brushes are worth it.

P.S, to all those worried about them falling apart, as long as you wash them CORRECTLY you shouldn't have a problem with them falling apart. Learn to clean your brushes ladies. It is so vital. You will never have to repurchase brushes ever again. My friends mother has Sigma brushes that are YEARS old, and they have lasted because she washes them correctly.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Abbyb717

I love this brush! I love it slightly more than my Tarte Airbrush foundation brush, mainly because it's a lot smaller and easier to handle. It's quite dense so it's easy to buff in foundation. Truly leaves your foundation flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rmoussavi

This brush is just AMAZING! I don't know why I didn't come across this before! I've only been using it for like 2 months now and it leaves a beautiful flawless finish.
I live in the UK so its quite hard trying to get Sigma products, and I'm the type of person that has to see something in the flesh and examine it properly before i buy it. I hate online shopping, normally everything i buy online i end up most of time giving it back or chucking it away. So i trusted what people online had to say and the great reviews on youtube.

IT IS THE BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH. EVER.
For best results, tap the brush onto the skin so the foundations sinks into the skin. even when I'm in a rush i can do my foundation within seconds and still looks good. AND WORTH THE MONEY!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I've had this brush for about 9 months. I've only started using it now and I'm in love with it. I love the guartenteed longevity that a brush provides. At first, I did not love this brush because the texture of my skin was so bumpy, foundation applied horribly. I like my foundation to look natural, and using this brush left my face looking far from natural. Don't get me wrong, you can still use this brush, but you'll need to spray the brush with mac's fix +.

Now that my face is more even and smooth, I love this brush. I don't need mac fix + anymore for my foundation to look natural. This blends and buffs my foundation into my face beautifully. The flat edges make it easy to get into the tight contours of my face.

I love the look of this brush! It's handle is a shiny, black, and kind of stubby. It's got an almost rainbow-metallic lettering saying "Sigma Flat Kabuki - F80". The bristles are so soft and the brush head is flat and very dense. Also, the bristles are synthetic, not natural, so the brush does not soak up any of your foundation! With the density of the brush, cleaning this baby is quite a task! But don't be discouraged, thoroughly cleaning it is possible.