October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MACBarbiex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never really considered Clinique foundation before, and I got randomly bought some last Christmas. It is the Anti-Blemish Liquid Make-Up Foundation (not part of the Step 1 to Step 3 Collection) .
I didn't like this product right away because it was the obvious wrong shade for me (02- shade ''Fresh Ivory'') but it could not be helped as it was bought as a present, so I stored it away for months as I tan regular and have olive skin naturally so I would never be using this product as it was too light.
I dug it out again eventually when I was experimenting contouring my face, and it came to great use as I have found out it is an amazing highlighter/mild contour/concealer ingredient! It blends so well with the foundation colour I use surprisingly as I considered it so 'pale'. It is a thick consistency (reminding me of MAC's 'Studio-Sculpt SPF 15' foundation) so I think if I considered using it (in a different shade) you would not really need to use a lot. I have relatively pinky/purple under eye circles so I love using a thicker concealer, and even though its classed as a foundation I think this is perfect- for me anyways. As a highlighter/contour it comes off as a 'brighter,lighter' look, kind of like how Ben Nye Banana Powder is used on lighter skin tones (like Kim Kardashian). It works for me anyway:)!
The packaging is a little boring, the box is a floral type pattern but the bottle is simple- but Clinique is known for its simple, professional packaging. The bottle is like a wide (ish) oval shaped bottle but is not that big. Like in reference to SS SPF 15, it may be down to the fact its a heavy concentrated product and not much is needed. I have been using this for over 4 months on an everyday basis and I'm nowhere near finished still, you only need a little amount (not sure how much facial wise, but likely not a lot more).
It is 24.00 locally, and I would happily pay it in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by tinni9000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never post reviews on MUA. this product is do bad that I am compelled to post a review now. I am a sensitive skin girl and generally I do have a tendency of having small bumps if I use makeup. earlier I tried Clinique superbalanced foundation and broke up. Now I asked for a sample of this and after using it I have developed small little bumps accompanied with redness. I am not acne prone but I thought this product wud go well with sensitive skin. but I was so so wrong. Now even my trusted rashcream not working on it for diminishing the redness. I have pretty clear skin and now i am regreting putting this on my good skin. Yakkkkkk !! 0 from me... If you have sensitive skin stay away from this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by toxicloverr

I have been buying this foundation for years. I have combination skin.
The counter's makeup artist used it on me as I have acne skin and scarring. It was a perfect shade for me (Shade 03) and has reduced the amount of blemishes I've had.
I actually found it to reduce blemishes more then my facial cleansers- after about a month of using the foundation, the amount of blemishes on my face reduced.

It lasts pretty long, however my nose does look shiny after a while and the foundation seems to slide off my nose.
It does rub off and transfer to my clothes as I do not like to set with powder as when I blot my oily patches it makes the powder cakey.

I've recommended this foundation to many friends who have been using Revlon foundation and caking it on their face to hide blemishes. This foundation has a medium coverage and their All About Eyes concealer does a great job to fully cover imperfections.

Overall I'm really happy with the foundation and will continuously repurchase this. It's a great find and definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by TanithB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started out using Clinique even better foundation because of a beauty video I watched on it and I loved it! I used it for about a year and a half. Then one day when I went to buy it again because mine was nearly finished, they did not have my shade. The lady at the Clinique counter could see I am acne prone :/ so she suggested the anti blemish foundation. I bought it and I have never turned back.... I'm honestly in love with my foundation. I find the coverage very good, it looks natural on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or uncomfortable at all on my skin and it has a Matt finish after I have set it with a very light amount of MAC studio fix pressed powder. I do find that it dries slightly darker than the color but it still suits me. It lasts the whole day without me having to touch up, it stays put and doesn't slide on my face. I do tend to sweat above my lip on hot days so when I wipe above my lip a couple of times the foundation comes off- that is the only time I find the need to touch up. I once went on Accutane for my skin, I was only on for 1 and a half months then stopped because of bad side effects but one of the normal side effects is reallyyyyy dry skin,during that time I continued to use my anti blemish foundation, the dryness was slightly visible but it was not bad at all, I was still very happy with using it, I just didn't set it with any powder. I don't think that this foundation prevents any blemishes/ pimples from appearing because I have always struggled with mild acne, even more so in my adult years but it definitely does not cause any breakouts which is GREAT! I don't find the packaging a problem, I am used to the amount of product that comes out when i squeeze it and how much I use. I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Ljmarsh

I feel safe using this product as it helps prevent blemishes however It sometimes looks very dry on my skin. The shade matching is very good almost perfect to my skin tone. The packaging is annoying as I end up pouring out more than I actually need.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by DeeKayx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday in shade 01 Alabaster, and used it for the first time today.

I have acne-prone skin and at any given time have 3-4 pimples. I've been using Benzoyl Peroxide for a few weeks now, but because I don't use it in the mornings my skin still has a tendency to get oily by lunch time, while the skin around my mouth gets very dry and sometimes looks flaky by lunch. Joy. Because of the BP, my cheeks get quite red,

Up until now I used only MAC Studio Fix in NC25 (mainly because I couldn't find a foundation that didn't make my skin oily). It had quite good oil control with a few re-applications throughout the day, but on the patches where my skin is dry, it would look a few shades lighter and make the flakiness incredibly noticeable.

I used the Clinique for the first time today with a light layer of MAC Studio Fix, and I'm absolutely AMAZED. By the end of the day, my skin still looked matte without any touch-ups and hid any redness perfectly. I noticed other reviewers had a problem using it on dry patches, but I found it worked really well.

Because it's only been one day, I can't commit to saying its my new HG, but I'm very close to saying so. The true test will be on a hot day when I'm running around, but I'm really excited for that day because I'm so impressed with the results today.

The coverage is quite light but buildable, and my only gripe with it would be the packaging. It's cute, but I found it a bit difficult to control the amount of product that comes out - I'm sure with using it more and getting used to how much comes out this won't be a problem much longer.

I'm so, so excited about this product and can't see any reason why I would ever change.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to purchase this foundation,as other clinique foundations did not work for me. This foundation however is amazing. It stays put the whole day. I apply this with the clinique foundation brush,also amazing. No visible lines or pores and it controls my oil incredibly. Definitly worth purchasing. I have found my hg!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dodox2258

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I had a few clinique foundations over the last few years. It seems to be a brand I keep going back to and I’ve probably tried every other brand out there tbh!!

I used to wear super balanced in shade number 02 Fair, which was more for combination/oily skin but since having my son, Ive been prone to terrible break outs, but also suffer from occasional eczema and dry patches around my eyes, side of nose and mouth.. Eczema and spots together!! lucky me eh!!

Anyway since the acne is now more a problem than the eczema I was convinced to try the anti blemish solution foundation from clinique and so far so good. Don't get me wrong, its not a miracle foundation, yes my skin still has blemishes, but I wouldn’t say the foundation has made it any worse than normal. It doesn’t irritate the sensitive part of my skin, and with the right moisturiser underneath doesn’t dry out my skin too much. It gives a nice smooth coverage, neutralizes redness and is light enough for everyday use. Oil control, pretty much lasts nearly the whole day, I’d say at least 6-7 hours without touch ups needed. I use it with a clinique pressed powder on the oily areas of my face only.

I found that this foundation appears to go on lighter than your natural skin tone and dries a shade or two darker. I’m normally a 02 on other foundations I’ve tried but I was matched with Shade 01 alabaster for the anti blemish, which at first I thought was too light, but applying with a foundation brush and leave to dry for a few minutes before adding powder/bronzer/blush etc showed me that the colour is perfect for me.
Overall it’s not a bad foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by compliments

I was matched to the shade Alabaster which is a pretty good match for my NC20 skin, I'm just a bit scared of summer, maybe I'll go and buy a darker one so I can mix them. Now the foundations itself is great, stays all day, keeps my oils at bay for a really long time (around 4 hrs on my VERY oily nose and good 6 hours on my forehead/chin, then I have to powder). The coverage is quite strange, it covers up redness, blemishes and stuff like a high coverage foundation but it's really light on the skin! You can barely see that I wear makeup. It can get a bit cakey when you powder too much or too heavily and when you use too much product, but when you know, you can avoid it ;) you really only need the smallest amount!
The only negative thing I can mention is, that it didn't really help with my blemishes. At least in my opinion. On the other hand, it didn't break me out, that's nice too :P

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I have always had skin issues, with break outs especially on my chin/around my nose. I was assured it would give good coverage whilst preventing break outs.
Well, I have been using it for 2 months at least now, and I have to say it hasn't made any noticeable difference. It goes on nice enough, but my skin still breaks out regularly, just as it did before I used it.
I also find it gives nowhere near the coverage I expected, by the end of the day it has usually slid off my oilier areas, particularly my nose and chin, even when I use powder and setting spray.
It looked flawless when applied by the make up artist at the counter, but I don't believe she removed all the make up I had on before applying it, or she has some magical technique I am unaware of because I have never got that coverage again.
Overall, I am disappointed. It has made no noticeable difference to my breakouts, doesn't stay in place and doesn't cover as well as I thought. Will not be buying again.