October 25, 2014 | 1319 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used the Double Extend mascara before. Yes, I would much rather put my mascara on in one step, but it is great! It helps my lashes with volume and length. Well, today I bought a set at Walgreens that also contains the serum. It was half price! I almost feel like going back to buy another package.

I really needed some new mascara but just couldn't shell out the money for Lancome and when I saw this deal, I grabbed it right up. I will report back about the serum. I don't know if it will really help but it cannot hurt to condition; I mean, we condition the hair on our heads, don't we? So, I will try it and see...but I know the mascara is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

No need for an expensive mascara primer!!I love the primer in this!! I use it almost everyday!!This review is for the double extend with lash boosting serum mascara.Ok I bought the serum and the mascara in a two piece set for under 20$ and it was a steal. I have been so happy with both products. The primer in this mascara or first step is awesome it adds fibers or tips on to my lashes I like to take my time applying it to try to get a piece of fiber on every lash the best I can. Now for the mascara or step 2 I hate it. After it dries its like a dark grey instead of black and is clumpy and that's why I don't use it.

But,I use the first step of this mascara with other mascaras and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I hardly have any lash fallout anymore and my lashes improved but until those changes begin to take effect this gives immediate results and the lashes you really want it really does extend your lashes..I have used million lashes(that I hate alone) after applying step one and it separated very nice I had clump free super long beautiful lashes..I would say the step 1 paired with a mascara that separates really well makes this look professional and clump free. Theres no need for me to buy an expensive primer!! I love this and I wanted to share this with you guys since I think alot of people could benefit from this method or maybe some people that didn't like this because of the step 2 mascara. I have paired this up nicely with voluminous million lashes(that I hate alone) awesome used after step 1,telescopic carbon black(great mascara alone with the step 1 even better!,CG professional super thick lash(already great alone even better with the primer and this one is the cheapest found at dollar stores PINK TUBE),EL Sumtuous also great alone and even better with step 1 primer. The step one is such a great mascara primer and makes EVERY mascara you own even better and emphasizes them I'm telling you.

Topcoat: Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroixde Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)
Primer: Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal, Rayon, Panthenol, Polysorbate 21, Ethylenedimane/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Madecassoside, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Serine, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Citric Acid, Glutamic Acid. May Contain (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)
Serum: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Polysorbate 21, Madecassoside, Acrylamides/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Isohexadecane, Sodium Hyaluaronate, Arginine, Serine, Citric Acid, Glutamic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hydroxide, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol.

rating-5 for the primer alone
price-2 since I got the mascara and serum for unter 20 at wallmart
packaging-4 since i hate the mascar on the other end of the tube step2
buy again-yes I will always use this as my mascara primer..hard kandy lash weave eat dirt

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by debbiechongo

This stuff is great! it really gave me a lot of volume and lifted up my lashes. The glue really gets my lashes lifted and cirles while the black reinforces the curl and colors it dark. Simply great stuff, one of the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LadyTigerLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short, straight, Asian eyelashes. I have not had any of the problems other people seem to have (i.e. clumping, dry product, stickiness). I'm not sure how much I can say about the serum other than I do notice that my eyelashes shed less when I put it on before the mascara. The mascara itself works very well for me and the consistency is creamy without being too heavy. I use one coat of the primer and one to two coats of the mascara. The result is that my lashes are very noticeably longer and fuller without being too dramatic.

I don't use mascara often, but it's easy to apply, has a nice formula (for me), hasn't smudged for me, and is easy to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mchbtch

as a girl with who suffers from pathetically short asian eyelashes, the majority of my make up routine is spent desperately trying to lengthen my lashes with coats and curling, only resulting in damage and further shortening. this being the case, this product has been a life savior! i've only been using this product for a few weeks, and there's a noticeable difference in the strength of my once damaged lashes. not only this, but it's actually a great mascara. it lengthens, thickens, separates, etc (i use two coats of the white, then two of the black). my only annoyance with this product is that it's sometimes hard to completely coat your eyelashes with the black mascara after coating with the white, leaving some lashes looking lighter. not too big of a deal though, pretty fixable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by dnavarro84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never used a 2 ended mascara, This is the first double ended mascara that I used... The price is kinda pricey about $13 for the Mascara whe all other mascara's are about $8.00 or so..The Lash Boosting Serum..does nothing!
I haven't noticed anything speacial about using The Lash Boosting Serum..It was a waste of money pretty much..but the Mascara is ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. Most mascaras make my eyes feel dry, but this stuff doesn't. I don't have any problems with clumping or lashes sticking together. Makes my lashes look fuller and longer with one coat each of primer and mascara. Two coats and my lashes are better than falsies!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by luanabanana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this mascara was just ok... It wasn't anything out of the ordinary and I thought that it made my eyelashes stick together and they ended up all clumpy. I used this product for about 2 weeks and I felt that It didn't really have any of the effects that was advertised to do. Also, towards the end of the day I would get raccoon eye from the mascara transferring to my under eye which just made me look tired and gross :( But this might have to do with the fact that I have all over oily skin. Overall, even though I really wanted to like it, I thought this mascara was a miss and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I was going to get the Beauty Tubes mascara but then I saw they offered this with a lash-boosting serum, so I thought I'd give it a try. The $10 I paid was a bit pricey for Target but I figured it is two products in one. It takes a little more time to apply the primer and then the mascara so I don't reach for this when I am in a hurry. It lengthens and volumizes my rather fine, medium length lashes quite nicely. One day I noticed the mascara didn't cover up the white primer all the way--I didn't notice until I was on the way to work and didn't have any other mascara with me. Not cool. However, I like the packaging--the tubes click closed to let you know you have closed them all the way. This formula wears very well and removes easily. My eyes are too delicate to be scrubbing to remove my eye makeup and this comes off like a dream with warm water and my foaming facial cleanser.
Update: I haven't used this mascara much. I am always strapped for time when applying makeup before work. I found the two steps too time consuming. I will use this when dressing up or special occasions when I can take the time to apply both products.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Danielle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To be honest, don't like it! I always loved the white side because for extra wimpers, but this is a serum, I can't notice any difference, so it's a good marketing, I 've tried many but this one I don't like, It doesn't give length, and dissapointed in this one, I like the HIP mascara much better, and for a better price.