April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

EDIT: shortly after my initial review (maybe 6-7 months ago?), i was informed that brulee was not, in fact, discontinued...but for several months, yet i still struggled to find it in stores. recently, it reappeared on the shelves, and i promptly snapped up both available pans (i think they were $0.99 apiece. ridiculously cheap.) at any rate, it now appears that brulee is BACK, and all is right with the world.

thank you, makeup gods.

You don't know what ya got til its gone.

I was immediately unimpressed by brle after purchasing it, and relegated it to the depths of my bag. Slowly but surely, it won me over, replacing both dazzlelight and shroom as my go-to highlight shades. Then I started wearing it alone basically everyday out of pure laziness, with a liquid black liner and bit of brown smudged above it. I fell in love with brulee, and it would have been the long term, lasting sort of relationship. it would have, had wet n wild not discontinued it, which wet n wild loves to do on occasion with their absolute best products. They're careful to discontinue only their best products in order to keep junky ones on the shelf. This way, makeup lovers like me must keep searching for new holy grails...and maintain only fleeting relationships in all walks of life.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this single! It is everything that I hoped for in MAC's Brule (which I ended up not liking at all.) It is creamy for a matte drugstore shadow, it has great pigmentation and is easy to apply. Its a great highlight color for the brow bone, and of course the price is amazing! I would repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love the small packaging and high quality of the product! Wet n wild's matte shadows are so pigmented and easy to blend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lavenderwig

I wish WnW would make singles of all their shades like these. The formula in these singles are awesome, and if you check the weekly ads of stores every week like I do you can get lucky and get 50% off. Not much else to say. I grabbed the last Creme yesterday. Today I'm going to get the limited edition Nude Awakening 8-pan. I don't know what took me so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to use this space to make suggestions, and see how many people will agree. First of all, this e/s, Brulee, as well as Nutty and Panther, are the three "staple" shadows in their singles line. WnW would be wise to come out with other neutral, preferably matte (maybe satin),"workhorse" shadows that we will repurchase again and again. WnW has some of the best matte shadows in the drugstore (debatable, I know, bear with me). If they're not going to bring back the 6-pans, wouldn't it be awesome if they would release our favorite mattes from the Vanity palette in single form? Oh, and at least one of those gorgeous rich matte purples from the Lust palette! In a perfect world... (sigh)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by NatureGerbil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this eyeshadow single. It's creamy, pigmented and both blends and builds wonderfully. Plus it's cheap and the packaging is functional and small enough to fit in even tiny purses. One of the only eyeshadows I own (of which I own many from many different price points) that I've used up fully and then purchased again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vintageloli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is something I will continue to buy time and time again. Buttery single without any chalkiness. Blends wonderfully and is a great base for your shadows. Love to use it to blend out colors above my crease and it matches my skin wonderfully. Just like everyone else says, it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super cheap. Amazing quality/pigmentation for price. Shade is a gorgeous cream color. I wouldn't say this is matte. I feel like it has a satin finish?? I love using this for a brow highlight, wash of color over lid or inner corner highlight. I also own "nutty", which is amazing as well. Can't wait to try more singles. Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by iamdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most reached-for eyeshadows. I am not in the habit of wearing eyeshadows normally, but whenever I do, I wear this one. I have am a South Asian woman with a fairly tan skintone so I don't like to wear this eyeshadow on my lids as much, but it is absolutely perfect for the browbone as a highlight. I don't like shimmery browbones and have been favoring a matte or near matte browbone look so this is perfect for that. It brightens up that area very well and perks up my general eye look. I even wear this sometimes when I am just sporting eyeliner and mascara. The packaging is very sturdy and compact.
I recommend this eyeshadow. It is a good quality eyeshadow that is a very flattering shade that many people can use. And even if you don't like it, it won't set you back a huge amount because it is so cheap. Go, try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

This eyeshadow just does not want to work for me. Its your basic skin color that blends away into nothing so it should be the perfect base color. But on my eyes this is a little powdery looking and makes any other color I put on turn muddy. Maybe its the formula or the way I blend out my eyeshadows, but when I switch to my Urban Decay or forgo this completely my eyeshadow looks fine.

So weird because I use the eyeshadow trio in "Silent Treatment" and I don't seem to have problems with those shades, but when it comes to Wet N' Wild's eyeshadow singles I always get muddied looks. I won't be repurchasing any eyeshadow singles from this line, but I may look into another palette from them if they come out with neutral-ish colors.

Its great value, texture, and pigment, so if this works for you then you're really lucky.