September 17, 2014 | 1825 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Turkish Delight Smoothie

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Pooja37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was never much of a fan of rose scented products... well... that is untill I tried Turkish Delight... absolutely glorious... the best body butter wash ever from Lush. The aroma is so delicious like walking through a rose garden... (nothing synthetic about it)... pure, natural, dewy roses all around you and you want to keep slathering more of it on ... just imagine they actually use 20,000 rose petals from the valley of roses in Turkey to create a single pot of this magical potion... hmmm and they say its harvested by Romanian Gypsies before sunrise... well apart from the hype on how the contents are created... it has to be one of the best bath products I have ever tried from Lush and believe me I've tried quite a few. Delighted with this one. A must try... and then if your experience is anything like mine... you'll want to rush out and get a second pot before yours runs out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a great addition to my shower routine and I love the jasmine and rosey smells, leaving my skin with a light scents, and soft touch, its great. I love it so far

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this a few days ago at Lush. I read the ingredients and decided to use it on my face as a mask. Wow! This made my skin look and feel so nice. It is a very similar experience to using a Dr. Haushka mask, except Dr. Haushka is way more expensive.

Pros: Excellent high quality ingredients.
Rinses off clean yet leaves skin plump and full of moisture.
Interesting rose jasmine scent, very calming.

Cons: High price for a body product.
If you don't like the scent it may impact your experience using the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feeling restless and out of sorts after working a 16 hour night shift, I decided to give this a go. Instant nirvana! As the saleslady directed, I slathered this on myself prior to hopping in the shower. As soon as this heavenly stuff hit my skin I could feel the stress slip away and my mood lifting as the joyful scent pervaded the bathroom. The act of massaging its smooth texture into my skin soothed me even more. It smells so lovely on the body, more so than while in the pot. I hesitate to try and describe it as other than a sweet, rich rose with a bit of powder/soapiness to round out the scent. I consider this product a miracle of aromatherapy. By the smell alone, it brought me serenity. Although the scent does last slightly on the skin post-shower, I was sad that there was no Turkish Delight cream or lotion to wear afterwards (hint, hint Lush!). I would love to have a bit of that tranquility to wear out of the house. I love everything about this stuff. I LOVE the scent, love how massaging it into one's skin releases the scent, love how the warm water of the shower intensifies the scent and then the relaxing water rinses it away for moisturized, pampered, softly scented skin. It transforms a shower into a luxurious ritual. Worth every penny.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by northender

Because I am a sucker for anything "rose" scented, and because I know that Lush, although pricy, uses very natural and high-quality ingredients, I splurged on a 7 oz. tub of the Turkish Delight Body Polish ($30 US). Main ingredients are: roses, almond oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter. The rest are listed here http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/body/hand-body-creams/turkish-delight

To my surprise, this was not a scrub, Instead, it's whipped butter (like the kind that acccompanies your bread basket in a fancy restaurant). The scent wavers between roses and baby powder - a turnoff for me, but pleasant for some, I guess. The sales associate said to put it on before you get into the shower but I forgot and put it on while in the shower. I was multitasking and also washing my hair, so while my conditioner was marinating, I shut the water off and put this stuff on. I used only a little bit (mostly the stuff stuck to the cap and about a tablespoon from the jar) to cover my whole body (I am 5'2). Then I rinsed. Afterwards, I slathered on some very light body lotion (C.O. Bigelow Rose), sunscreen and headed out.

I didn't think anything of it until the evening when I noticed that the little dry skin bumps that live on my legs and arms had either faded pr disappeared completely. The next day, they were still gone. I have tried everything under God's green earth to accomplish this, with no luck, until now. This is a friggin miracle. Twenty-four hours after using this stuff, my skin looked completely renewed.

LUSH, I am now a believer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Gillian166

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this the other day because I loooove the smell of rose and this one smells really great.

The lady at the store said to rub it on before showering and then wash it off in the shower. It's supposed to leave your skin moisturized.

I used it and loved the smell. To be honest, I didn't really find my skin was any more moisturized than usual, but it certainly didn't dry out my skin. I did notice my skin seemed a little more "calm" -- I have keratosis pilaris and have issuse with redness on my forearms.

The rose smell DOES linger which is great and the amount they give you in the tub will last a long time.

Apparently, it's been flying off the shelves and I got the last one at the location I went to. Worth a shot, love the smell, but definitely didn't work any major miracles for me.

The price is a little steep at $30 Canadian, but if you have the cash to spare, give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGurly02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Turkish Delight smells just like rose water, infact, that's the first ingredient. I'm not really smelling anything else besides rose. But I love the scent of rose water! The substance of the smoothie is almost like a solid that you can push your fingers into and grab some..hence glycerine being the second ingredient. The amount of the smoothie is a generous 7 oz (200 g). When you use it, it does not suds-up, but is more like a thick cream that you just spread around. The scent of roses/rose water lingers on your skin and no filmy residue is left behind. This would be really nice to use before bed...it's very comforting!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No