LUSH Turkish Delight Smoothie

4.2

Rose Water (Rosa damascena), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Water (Aqua), Perfume, Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Neroli Oil (Citrus aurantium amara), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate. Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 17200} *Occurs naturally in essential oils (Certified vegan)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product, it's one of the few rapeseed soap products that I will use , and happily I might add. I call this product my "lazy girl soap", I smooth it on my wet body, it has very little lather (normally I love lather, but I accept the little to none you get w/this product), and after lightly massaging it into my wet skin, I rinse clean. I repeat this 2x times (call me thorough) and I leave the shower smelling incredible.

The scent is long-lasting outside of the shower yet isn't overbearing at all, and I love that it scents my whole bathroom with the smell of roses, so beautiful. Also I get loads of compliments when I use this in place of my normal LUSH soaps (I love my LUSH soaps, but the scents do not last outside of the shower, at least for me).

A new favorite, the price is insane ($29.95 for a jar that won't last me a month if used everyday, huh?), but I feel so strongly positive about this product that I'll actually pay it lol. I give it a 5 out of 5.

on 9/4/2010 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love the smell of Turkish Delight, it's an intoxicating blend of roses that's really addictive. This made me buy it right away after using a sample of it. However, everyone claims that this is really moisturising but my skin wasn't moisturised at all - even after using it on dry skin and leaving it on for a while before rinsing. So it pretty much acts like soap for me, and its so expensive that I wouldn't buy again. Sorry to cut down all the raves!

on 8/14/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

OMG, I love this stuff. I've been to Lush many times and never really understood the shower smoothies. I received this as a deluxe sample along with other goodies as a gift with purchase.

Pros:
1. Easy to use
2. Smells great, just like rose water
3. Very soothing for my eczema prone, dry skin
4. A little bit goes as a long way

Cons
1. Pricey at $30

on 7/14/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

When I first received this product, I thought it smelled like a funeral parlor. I love floral, but it was a bit much. I then used it like a body polish - I rubbed all over my skin before my shower then hopped in - I thought it was weird. Turkish delight then lived on a shelf until I gave it a go when I ran out of shaving cream. Wow. My legs are silky smooth and I don't have any irritation (due to all the soothing rose in there). Though it is a bit pricey for a shaving cream, I am obsessed and will continue to treat myself!

on 7/8/2010 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Was never much of a fan of rose scented products... well... that is untill I tried Turkish Delight... absolutely glorious... the best body butter wash ever from Lush. The aroma is so delicious like walking through a rose garden... (nothing synthetic about it)... pure, natural, dewy roses all around you and you want to keep slathering more of it on ... just imagine they actually use 20,000 rose petals from the valley of roses in Turkey to create a single pot of this magical potion... hmmm and they say its harvested by Romanian Gypsies before sunrise... well apart from the hype on how the contents are created... it has to be one of the best bath products I have ever tried from Lush and believe me I've tried quite a few. Delighted with this one. A must try... and then if your experience is anything like mine... you'll want to rush out and get a second pot before yours runs out!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

this is such a great addition to my shower routine and I love the jasmine and rosey smells, leaving my skin with a light scents, and soft touch, its great. I love it so far

on 6/19/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I got a sample of this a few days ago at Lush. I read the ingredients and decided to use it on my face as a mask. Wow! This made my skin look and feel so nice. It is a very similar experience to using a Dr. Haushka mask, except Dr. Haushka is way more expensive.

Pros: Excellent high quality ingredients.
Rinses off clean yet leaves skin plump and full of moisture.
Interesting rose jasmine scent, very calming.

Cons: High price for a body product.
If you don't like the scent it may impact your experience using the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Feeling restless and out of sorts after working a 16 hour night shift, I decided to give this a go. Instant nirvana! As the saleslady directed, I slathered this on myself prior to hopping in the shower. As soon as this heavenly stuff hit my skin I could feel the stress slip away and my mood lifting as the joyful scent pervaded the bathroom. The act of massaging its smooth texture into my skin soothed me even more. It smells so lovely on the body, more so than while in the pot. I hesitate to try and describe it as other than a sweet, rich rose with a bit of powder/soapiness to round out the scent. I consider this product a miracle of aromatherapy. By the smell alone, it brought me serenity. Although the scent does last slightly on the skin post-shower, I was sad that there was no Turkish Delight cream or lotion to wear afterwards (hint, hint Lush!). I would love to have a bit of that tranquility to wear out of the house. I love everything about this stuff. I LOVE the scent, love how massaging it into one's skin releases the scent, love how the warm water of the shower intensifies the scent and then the relaxing water rinses it away for moisturized, pampered, softly scented skin. It transforms a shower into a luxurious ritual. Worth every penny.

on 5/23/2010 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Because I am a sucker for anything "rose" scented, and because I know that Lush, although pricy, uses very natural and high-quality ingredients, I splurged on a 7 oz. tub of the Turkish Delight Body Polish ($30 US). Main ingredients are: roses, almond oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter. The rest are listed here http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/body/hand-body-creams/turkish-delight

To my surprise, this was not a scrub, Instead, it's whipped butter (like the kind that acccompanies your bread basket in a fancy restaurant). The scent wavers between roses and baby powder - a turnoff for me, but pleasant for some, I guess. The sales associate said to put it on before you get into the shower but I forgot and put it on while in the shower. I was multitasking and also washing my hair, so while my conditioner was marinating, I shut the water off and put this stuff on. I used only a little bit (mostly the stuff stuck to the cap and about a tablespoon from the jar) to cover my whole body (I am 5'2). Then I rinsed. Afterwards, I slathered on some very light body lotion (C.O. Bigelow Rose), sunscreen and headed out.

I didn't think anything of it until the evening when I noticed that the little dry skin bumps that live on my legs and arms had either faded pr disappeared completely. The next day, they were still gone. I have tried everything under God's green earth to accomplish this, with no luck, until now. This is a friggin miracle. Twenty-four hours after using this stuff, my skin looked completely renewed.

LUSH, I am now a believer.

on 5/18/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this the other day because I loooove the smell of rose and this one smells really great.

The lady at the store said to rub it on before showering and then wash it off in the shower. It's supposed to leave your skin moisturized.

I used it and loved the smell. To be honest, I didn't really find my skin was any more moisturized than usual, but it certainly didn't dry out my skin. I did notice my skin seemed a little more "calm" -- I have keratosis pilaris and have issuse with redness on my forearms.

The rose smell DOES linger which is great and the amount they give you in the tub will last a long time.

Apparently, it's been flying off the shelves and I got the last one at the location I went to. Worth a shot, love the smell, but definitely didn't work any major miracles for me.

The price is a little steep at $30 Canadian, but if you have the cash to spare, give it a try.