Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

4.7

Talc Isododecane VP/Hexadecene copolymer MCA Trimethylsiloxysilicate Cyclopentasloxane Disteardmonum hectorite Trihydroxystearin Silica dimethyl silylate Titanium dioxide Sorbitan sesquoleate PEG-40 stearate Beeswax Propylene carbonate Dimethicone Cyclohexasiloxane BHT

on 2/13/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE: Having tried the Urban Decay eye primer, I am back to update my review. For me, this primer still wins. The colour and consistency of both primers are the same. However, the UD one feels abit more creamy and takes longer to dry on my lids. On the other hand, this primer dries quickly on my lids (which I like) and allows me to get on with my make up quickly. To top it off, the UD one costs like 3 x the price of this primer. Proof 10 for the win!

Already thinking about stocking up on this product! It took me ages to find because for some reason just when I wanted to get it, it went oos in all the Etude House outlets in Singapore. After finally trying it, I have to say that my hunt was definitely worth it!

Its a nude colour so it doesn't show up on my lids although I am quite tan. I use my finger to apply it as I think it goes on better when you pat it down yourself rather than rely on the wandstick thing.

Before I got this, I was applying my normal face primer onto my eyelids. Unfortunately my eyeliner would still run most of the time, especially in Singapore's humidity. With this eye primer on, my eyeshadow looks much smoother on my eyelids. The primer ensures that the eyeshadow does not fall into the creases of my eyes and emphasize the creases (not wrinkles!). My eyeliner still runs to my lower eyelid a little but the primer makes the eyeliner on my upper lid look picture perfect for the whole day. After a day out in the humidity during CNY, my eyeliner still looked perfect! Just had to clean up the lower lid a little.

All in all, a good buy at the great price! It wasn't dirt cheap ($12 in SG) but well worth the money.

UPDATE: after using this for about 2 months, I still love the staying power of this primer but there is a downside. Sometimes it flakes on your eyelid (usually on the upper areas like around your eye socket) so you look like your skin is flaking. Using water to try to rub it off doesn't work. What works is using make up remover to wipe the flakey parts away. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Will continue to use this purely for its great staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Firstly, the instructions say that you should apply with your finger, but the product has quite a decent applicator.

On my dark, highly pigmented oily lids, this went on in quite a light shade. After I applied the shadow, the effect wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be.

I can imagine the amount wouldn't last long for a regular eye make-up wearer but for a very occasional make-up wearer, it's fine.

on 1/12/2013 7:14:00 AM

Love love love!!;-) never ever thought eyeshadow and liner could last and look so nice. Definitely Hoarding!!!!!!:-)

on 1/8/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a FANTASTIC primer. I bought it off of eBay because I read such fantastic reviews and the price was a little more than an e.l.f primer and a little less than Palladio.

It blew my expectations out of the water. The other night I swatched some eyeshadows on my arm as a bit of an experiment and they lasted well overnight. I used it under my eyeshadow on a date night in January(using w-n-w color icon in "comfort) and hasn't creased on me at all 8 hours later.

I haven't tried UDPP but I don't think I will ever have to. This is a great price point and great product. I don't think it can be beat.

on 12/30/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

this is my first eye primer, so i can't compare it to anothers, but i think it works so wonderful, it does help to pop eye shadows and make them stay longer.. more than 12 hours and still there.

cons :
suck packaging (mine is broken, and the top part is too long in my opinion)
dry so fast, and if you can't blend fast enough, it will left you a ridiculous white mark.

overall, for the price, it's really amazing.

on 12/30/2012 9:16:00 AM

I Love this Primer. Its very cheap. I will definitly repurchase this. My Eyeshadow lasts over 12 hours with this Primer.

on 12/19/2012 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

for a cheap primer, this one works really really well. holds color for a long time too! i'd keep buying if i don't have budget for urban decay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product! I first started using this around 2-3 months ago, and it is my HG eye primer! The price is so fantastic - I bought it off eBay for $6.30 AUD. The packaging is also very cute - a transparent bottle with a long midnight blue cap that allows you to see how much product you use. The product enhanced the colours of my eyeshadow, making them more vibrant and also maintained the colours for many hours. It also increased the longevity of my thick-ish eyeliner (I have monolids) and prevented them from smudging! Sometimes my eyes get slight creases / slightly hooded, and creasing was still non-existent! Anyway, this is a wonderful primer, and it is so cheap. Cannot recommend more than enough - frankly, I don't see why I need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to have a good eye primer, when etude house clearly has made such a great and affordable eye primer!

on 12/4/2012 4:28:00 AM

This gives my current UDPP a run for its money.

The product is similar, except that UDPP goes on thicker, while Proof 10 is more watery. The colour for both dries clear, and they both seem to hold onto my eye make up equally well. However, Proof 10 takes slightly longer to dry, as evident by my slightly smudged eyeliner because i failed to wait out for the eye primer to dry. Staying power seems the same after drying though.

this product is cheaper though! Buying in Singapore means that it is at a marked up price but it is still cheaper than buying UDPP in Singapore. UDPP is selling in US at 20 USD online.

on 11/27/2012 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works even on my super oily skin and even in super humid Singapore. Doesn't trigger off my skin sensitivity at all. Makes my eye makeup last for a really long time and nothing melts off.

Affordable and will buy again. =)