April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BandGeek

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't know much about powders. This is the first powder I used when I started wearing make up and of course everything seemed amazing at that point. When this one ran out I went back to get the same one and they didn't have it, so I bought the Neutrogena healthy skin compact and tried my friends' powders once in a while, but I was waiting very impatiently for any store near me to start carrying my shade in the SkinClearing powder. When they finally did I eagerly bought it and found that it wasn't so amazing after all. The orange puff is supposedly for a shine-free look, but that doesn't last long for me. Within hours, my face is still its usually oily, shiny mess. The white puff side for "fuller" coverage does NOT cover at all. I try putting more on but that just leaves me with a cakey, slightly orange look. I always have to use a stick of concealer on top of this stuff. Another thing to note: in the mornings my face is not as oily and putting this powder on makes it look dry and flaky. If I put a light moisturizer on to avoid the flaky look in the mornings, by the end of the day my face is just too oily. If I skip this step, my face looks too dry for a few hours. It's just not working. And as for the "SkinClearing" part of it, that is absolutely not true. I don't have terrible acne, but this did nothing to help clear my skin. For the price, I would definitely not buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cfed

this products decent! if you apply to much though, you will have that chalky type effect on your face. i will have to touch up mid day tho, but other than that it keeps the oil on my face at bay. i love the fact that it helps clear your skin up too! its helped with mine. before this i was using a transparent powder from covergirl and im so glad i switched over to this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by naiviv

This is an OK product, I like this because for a powder, it does have some coverage, also the fact that it helps salycylic acid is great! This really does help a BIT with my pimples which I love, and it does cover, but it makes my face look a bit dull and chalky :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pattyjanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first review, I want to warn those with sensitive acne prone skin this product is not for you. This product has made me have the worst breakout in years. I have huge cystic acne all over my forehead and checks from 2 weeks of wear. I am throwing this out today!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by BarbieChantell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first saw the commercial for a makeup that CLEARS UP YOUR PIMPLES, I thought my dream had finally come true. I ran to Target & bought this product, curious to see how much coverage it could provide, given that I have a lot of post-acne marks on my face. The fact that it has salicylic acid in it is amazing; there was a huge sore zit on my forehead & after wearing the powder for less than a day already it's going down. But when I put it on, my complexion looked dull, chalky and dry. I also used my Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Makeup over the powder so that I had more coverage & a glowing brown color to my face. I also put a little more powder on top so I didn't look so shiny. But I'm definitely going to keep using the two together so my skin can be pretty with AND without makeup :) Go Neutrogena!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by yoniyum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really regret buying this product. I never wear foundation but I like a little coverage from powder. This looked like I wiped a clean applicator across my face without any product on it at all. Next to zero coverage. I also swear this stuff made my blackheads worse... Finally, Neutrogena's packaging for their mineral powders is really poorly designed. I have to keep flipping back and forth between the powder tin and the mirror. AND it's one of those deceptive packagings that make you think it holds way more product than it actually does.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jessbug99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this product. I have medium-light freckled skin and need fair coverage. Before using this product I'd always used maybelline mineral powder, and it worked fine but when i ran out i figured i'd try out some other product that is specifically for acne-prone skin. This product had many things I really hated. First, the coverage was terrible. It felt like i applied layer upon layer and hardly anything happened or looked different. Also, this might have been because I chose a bad color, but the makeup appeared kind of orangey on my face in some lighting. Another thing was the container. This wasn't a huge deal but it was annoying with the multiple layers and took time to open. I prefer brushes to the kind of applicator this had. And lastly, this product, compared to others I've tried really brought out the dry spots on my face. I had to scrub them really hard before putting on lotion and then this makeup to make them not all dry looking. I really hated this product. However, there were a few things that I didnt hate. One, that it was supposed to help acne instead of add to the problem. Two, that when I worked out with it on it didnt run or anything or look super bad. And last, it makes your skin feel really soft while its on. But thats it. Thats definitely not enough to outweigh the cons. I would only recommend this product to those who have nearly perfect skin with no dryness. The one thing that especially bugged me about this was that It is for acne prone skin, and yet it didnt cover the existing acne AT ALL. dont buy this..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hmm, not many people are a big fan of this product but I am! :D
I love this mineral powder. I set it as my finishing powder for any and every foundation I use. My nose is usually oily and I only need to powder it once a day with this amazing stuff.
I used to always and only wear Covergirl powder till I got sick of it and hated it. It broke me out baaadly, made me too powdery looking and smelled horrible. That's when I switched to this as my finishing powder and fell in love with it. It was a HUGE difference going from Covergirls crappy powder to this.
This keeps my skin clear and doesn't break me out at all. =)

I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by carolinee08

I usually dont give ones, but this product just didn't work for me, and judging by the score, it didn't work for a lot of people either.
For me, this powder was just way too drying and instead of helping my acne it seemed to make it worse. I also found the powder to be kind of grainy and not very smooth. The finish was cakey on my skin and it felt really uncomfortable on my face, extremely noticeable as well. The price is high for a drugstore powder Ill admit, especially for the quality of the of the product. Although I prefer to buy powders from the drugstore that are more on the pricier side, I do not recommend this powder for people who are looking for a good pressed powder. Instead, go with Neurogena's Healthy Skin Pressed Powder, that ones my favorite drugstore powder. Its very natural looking and once my skin begins to produce moisture it mixes with the powder and sets beautifully. I also head that the Mineral Pressed powder from Neutrogena is really good too. So Neutrogena does make some good powders, dont get me wrong. This just isn't one of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sassymexican

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is okay, it provides okay coverage, but it DOES NOT, repeat, DOES NOT, do anything for acne. at all. and you really have to match your skin tone as perfect as you can, because it tends to make you a little lighter than your skin tone, and because im mexican, this matters to me....lol. in all, an okay product.