December 22, 2014 | 1320 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Bgirly34

I started breaking out using my normal makeup routine so it was time for a switch. Changing my foundation was my last change. After researching online I couldnt find a powder foundation that was targeted to acne relief and then I saw this at my local Target on sale for 11.00, so i decided to try it.

I agree with the other posters who say it doesnt provide full coverage, so if you need to cover your acne, I suggest a concealer or do as I do and wet the sponge side and dab it on problem areas first, then go over dry with the puff side .

Also keep in mind that you dont want to use a primer under this because you want the salicyic acid to actually get to your skin and not lay on top of your primer.

So after a few days of wearing this directly over my Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF, my pimples seem to be drying out..so for me it is worth the 11 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Gwenieeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, the puff this comes with does not work well at all. I reccomend using a brush for this. This product hasn't caused me any breakouts which is nice. It leaves a matte finish which I personally like, but others may not. Overall I would say this is a good product and worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by bigblueeyes21

This product actually works! I was presently surprised. Most reviews say they did not like this, but I did. I have Normal-Oily skin, and this reduced all of my zits and blemishes! It also completely matched my skin tone, which is EXTREMELY hard to do since my skin is so pale!
This is NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF COVERAGE! I use this because i want a little bit of coverage but not enough to cover my natural skin. I have freckles that dot the bridge of my nose, so i use them as a guideline. If it completely covers my freckles, its too much. This was the perfect amount of coverage for me! I do have to apply this a couple times throughout the day while I'm in school, but that is completely normal.
As for the price, its extremely expensive. I spent around 13 dollars for this...not good. But, on the bright side, it is totally worth it! It is like skin clearing medicine mixed into a nice "healthy glow" type coverage!
Overall, i really like this product! It worked really well and was worth the high price. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bleh. It's alright. I'm getting sick of companies claiming products will do things that they can't, but that's beside the point. It's a nice powder, but the 12 dollar price tag? I think not. It looks very smooth if applied lightly but if you try to do more layering, such as blotting oily skin as it starts to get oily, it starts to cake up and look funky. I will use it up and maybe try the liquid foundation or concealer from the same line. I gave it a lippy for perfect color match, another for providing a sponge and a mirror, and because I'm nice one more for initially nice appearance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this product in classic ivory #10.

I like to use powder foundation in the summer, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this in the future. It doesn't do much for my skin and at 13.99 is a bit pricey for being just average. It gives adequate coverage for a powder and sometimes goes on looking weird in a way I can't quite describe- like caked-on dusty, powdery... idk. It is a teeny bit better if you use a brush, but I just don't like the way it looks on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mmiodaviss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this product for a week or two, and I have some pros and cons. First of all, I have it in #30 Buff and it matches my skin color perfectly, I was so surprised. I'm also satisfied with the coverage because it's not too much, but not too little. However, I do tend to get oily throughout the day and I need to re-apply every couple hours. Also, it says it's supposed to help acne but I see no improvement. Actually, I am getting cystic acne on my cheek and around my hairline. I don't know if it is from this product or not. Also, I don't think the orange and white sides of the sponge have any difference at all, and I don't think it is very hygienic to use their sponges. Overall, this product is alright, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by pavitt

I bought this in Classic Ivory and I have to say I love this powder! I have such bad luck finding foundations and powders because I have very fair skin but this suits my skin perfectly! I have only been using this a week and I notice my face clearing up. It gives perfect even coverage when I use it with my Lancome powder brush. The only thing I didnt like about this was the price;I spent $15 at Walgreens. But since this product works I wont mind spending a few extra bucks. I will repurchase & recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BandGeek

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't know much about powders. This is the first powder I used when I started wearing make up and of course everything seemed amazing at that point. When this one ran out I went back to get the same one and they didn't have it, so I bought the Neutrogena healthy skin compact and tried my friends' powders once in a while, but I was waiting very impatiently for any store near me to start carrying my shade in the SkinClearing powder. When they finally did I eagerly bought it and found that it wasn't so amazing after all. The orange puff is supposedly for a shine-free look, but that doesn't last long for me. Within hours, my face is still its usually oily, shiny mess. The white puff side for "fuller" coverage does NOT cover at all. I try putting more on but that just leaves me with a cakey, slightly orange look. I always have to use a stick of concealer on top of this stuff. Another thing to note: in the mornings my face is not as oily and putting this powder on makes it look dry and flaky. If I put a light moisturizer on to avoid the flaky look in the mornings, by the end of the day my face is just too oily. If I skip this step, my face looks too dry for a few hours. It's just not working. And as for the "SkinClearing" part of it, that is absolutely not true. I don't have terrible acne, but this did nothing to help clear my skin. For the price, I would definitely not buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cfed

this products decent! if you apply to much though, you will have that chalky type effect on your face. i will have to touch up mid day tho, but other than that it keeps the oil on my face at bay. i love the fact that it helps clear your skin up too! its helped with mine. before this i was using a transparent powder from covergirl and im so glad i switched over to this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by naiviv

This is an OK product, I like this because for a powder, it does have some coverage, also the fact that it helps salycylic acid is great! This really does help a BIT with my pimples which I love, and it does cover, but it makes my face look a bit dull and chalky :(